Nastier Dungeons

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Re: Nastier Dungeons

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

YURA wrote: September 12th, 2021, 6:28 am I can't turn around on a free tile, how to do it - we don't know - can I give you a hint?
You need to use the down arrow key quickly so you never land on the loose tile.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 2:52 pm
YURA wrote: September 12th, 2021, 6:28 am I can't turn around on a free tile, how to do it - we don't know - can I give you a hint?
Yes, we have already tried about 100 times - it does not work. Show the video, how do you do it?! We are playing SDLPoP-1.21...
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

YURA wrote: September 12th, 2021, 4:33 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 2:52 pm
Yes, we have already tried about 100 times - it does not work. Show the video, how do you do it?! We are playing SDLPoP-1.21...
The down button does not work, so that the prince stops on 1 tile, he stops on a falling plate and while the prince turns around, the tile falls and the prince dies ..... show the video on any example.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

YURA wrote: September 13th, 2021, 5:41 am The down button does not work, [...] show the video on any example.
nd4.p1r
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 7:20 am
YURA wrote: September 13th, 2021, 5:41 am The down button does not work, [...] show the video on any example.

nd4.p1r
Thank you very much for the hint - we will try to fulfill it as well.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 4 is finally passed - very difficult, a lot of tricks, especially technically competently built both in time and in the movements of the prince... how he jumps or moves....Perfectly made level 4. THANK YOU to the author!!!
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

YURA wrote: September 13th, 2021, 8:56 pm Level 4 is finally passed
[video]
Well done! And a new trick! I was expecting something else, I'll share a video after some time.

YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 14th, 2021, 3:34 am
YURA wrote: September 13th, 2021, 8:56 pm Level 4 is finally passed
[video]
Well done! And a new trick! I was expecting something else, I'll share a video after some time.
Can you tell me in which room the new trick occurred?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

YURA wrote: September 14th, 2021, 9:38 am Can you tell me in which room the new trick occurred?
Yes, here it is, hopefully you are able to watch it:

nd4_trick.p1r
(3.19 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Questions for atrue. Are you just wiggling left and right for a bit, after which you continuously hold down left, or is there more to the trick? Does it also work with an already-open chomper? Or with the prince starting further away from the chomper, first having to step towards it? Or with the wall further away from the screen edge? Etc...

Back in the day, I had created a fork of SDLPoP that displayed replay keypresses on-screen. If I remember correctly, nobody cared about my work, so I deleted the fork. Several times since then I've thought to myself: if only I could easily and quickly see the keypresses used to perform recorded tricks. Maybe I should have stood my ground. Oh well.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 14th, 2021, 2:18 pm
YURA wrote: September 14th, 2021, 9:38 am Can you tell me in which room the new trick occurred?
Yes, here it is, hopefully you are able to watch it:

nd4_trick.p1r
I can't see, I only have the beginning of level 4 playing and that's it.... record a better video
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

YURA wrote: September 14th, 2021, 4:27 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 14th, 2021, 2:18 pm[...] nd4_trick.p1r
I can't see, I only have the beginning of level 4 playing and that's it.... record a better video
Before playing back the replay, you must add a directory "Nastier Dungeons" which includes the mod inside the mods/ directory.

I don't know why this is necessary. As I've written before, and recently, and someone else then sided with my thinking: I thought replay files included the level layouts and therefore do not require SDLPoP to have access to the relevant mods. If I remember correctly, I pointed Falcury to my previous post on this topic via a private message, but he didn't respond. Maybe it's related to PRINCE.EXE modifications?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: September 14th, 2021, 3:20 pm Questions for atrue. Are you just wiggling left and right for a bit, after which you continuously hold down left, or is there more to the trick? Does it also work with an already-open chomper?
I think it works because of the prince's aligned position. He starts to a bit left enough that he can go through the chompers. I think you'll need to try other combinations, but the main reason is when the chomper opens he has enough time to go through it. And yes you just have to wiggle left and right so as to stay in the same position until the chomper opens.
Norbert wrote: September 14th, 2021, 3:20 pm Back in the day, I had created a fork of SDLPoP that displayed replay keypresses on-screen. If I remember correctly, nobody cared about my work, so I deleted the fork. Several times since then I've thought to myself: if only I could easily and quickly see the keypresses used to perform recorded tricks. Maybe I should have stood my ground. Oh well.
Oops... If that's still on GitHub it might be a good idea to send it to dmitrys/David/Falcury/poirot (list starting from the most active members) for review, it might be possible to merge into main.

dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

Norbert wrote: September 14th, 2021, 5:12 pm Before playing back the replay, you must add a directory "Nastier Dungeons" which includes the mod inside the mods/ directory.

I don't know why this is necessary. As I've written before, and recently, and someone else then sided with my thinking: I thought replay files included the level layouts and therefore do not require SDLPoP to have access to the relevant mods. If I remember correctly, I pointed Falcury to my previous post on this topic via a private message, but he didn't respond. Maybe it's related to PRINCE.EXE modifications?
It probably has to do with the levels.dat file. If you try atrueprince's replay in SDLPoP without the mod, it loads regular level 4 where prince runs all the way to the closed gate on the left and crouches/bumps into it.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Yes, it's better to record a normal video and show this video!