Guide to Prince of Persia tricks (Large Topic)

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Re: Guide to Prince of Persia tricks (Large Topic)

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Norbert wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 11:42 am
Falcury wrote: September 21st, 2020, 5:41 pm Ok, I sent the e-mail. (Hopefully it worked, I don't see it in my own inbox yet.)
Anyone receive the email yet?
I personally have not.
Maybe it didn't work...
No, I didn't receive it. For few minutes, as I didn't receive email notif for this post, I thought the mailer would be busy sending mails, but as of now, I haven't received the mail. I think something has gone wrong, maybe if somebody can check logs?
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 11:42 am Anyone receive the email yet?
I personally have not.
Maybe it didn't work...
I haven't received the e-mail about the tricks vote, either.
But I got some e-mails from the forum about private messages.
So the forum can send e-mails, only the mass mailing failed.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

I think I found another one which I think is not on PoPOT. In first screen, it's shown how it's done. In the screen below the first one, a practical example is shown where it can be used. Norbert you can upload to PoPOT if it's not yet uploaded.

Edit: It's difficult to get it right in one go. You need to wait precisely and then hit right. The tile falls on you and somehow you are on the same floor.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Sorry, I don't know what exactly I should be looking for in this 2+ minute video.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 1:34 pm Sorry, I don't know what exactly I should be looking for in this 2+ minute video.
First 15 seconds are enough for you to know the trick. The rest video is just a sample level where the trick can be used.

By the way, it's almost always a case for all my trick videos. I show the trick first and then maybe a sample level or screen where the trick can be used.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Ah, I understand it now, also because I now noticed your video's title. I've added it as 154.

I can not yet think of a practical use for the trick. If the loose floor on the same level is not stuck, one could use e.g. 106. And if the loose floor on the same level is stuck, the prince can jump upwards from the left (by walking on the stuck floor) and then jump/walk right.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Right, even I haven't yet found a practical use case for this. There's no need anyhow to make the player use that trick. For the rest of the video I tried to show a case where it would be possible, but any expert can drop that tile to open exit door. Maybe if the chomper chomp speed is increased, this can be used? What do you think?

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Found another trick, you can actually wait a bit long after you cling on to a tile with chomper below it and then you climb down as well. In the video a practial example is shown:

The trick: Jump to the tile, after the chomper start chomping, wait for the perfect time and then leave shift. The chomper will chomp, but somehow you don't get killed due to a tick difference I guess. Difficult to get it perfect, but worth to use it somewhere.

Also, Norbert, when a guard stands on a raise tile and even if you walk on drop tile, the gate still remains open, because game gives guard more importance is actually a trick, which should be on PoPOT. Maybe you could consider adding that trick with this one?

P.S: Watch closely at 1x speed :P

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 6:37 pmFound another trick, [...]
Also added it to PoPOT.
The other trick you mentioned is already listed as 31 (see also its description).
VelCheran
Vizier
Vizier

Post by VelCheran »

Hello there!
Karlgamer (world record holder on PoP1) accidentally discovered a trick, and unintentionally reproduced it.
https://www.twitch.tv/karlgamer/clip/Sm ... EyeballWow

Is it a known trick? It seems to be a very useful one (especially on this Istaria level).
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

VelCheran wrote: October 30th, 2020, 11:34 pm Is it a known trick?
It is one. It's very difficult to find any more tricks!

SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 6:37 pm Found another trick, you can actually wait a bit long after you cling on to a tile with chomper below it and then you climb down as well. In the video a practial example is shown:

The trick: Jump to the tile, after the chomper start chomping, wait for the perfect time and then leave shift. The chomper will chomp, but somehow you don't get killed due to a tick difference I guess. Difficult to get it perfect, but worth to use it somewhere.

Also, Norbert, when a guard stands on a raise tile and even if you walk on drop tile, the gate still remains open, because game gives guard more importance is actually a trick, which should be on PoPOT. Maybe you could consider adding that trick with this one?

P.S: Watch closely at 1x speed :P
..,...I believe that in pop there is, trick, technic n tactics, this is a technique,because "trick" you can always do it,tactic or technics its different..thats my opinion..
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

SuavePrince wrote: October 31st, 2020, 3:27 am ..,...I believe that in pop there is, trick, technic n tactics, this is a technique,because "trick" you can always do it,tactic or technics its different..thats my opinion..
What do you mean? This is not a trick?

SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 31st, 2020, 5:14 am
SuavePrince wrote: October 31st, 2020, 3:27 am ..,...I believe that in pop there is, trick, technic n tactics, this is a technique,because "trick" you can always do it,tactic or technics its different..thats my opinion..
What do you mean? This is not a trick?
not trick,not for me,because you need move in the specific time n scape,dont specific place, in you event,you need move in a specific time...difficult to explain, but I think I have earned a place to comment...
trick if tu puedes hacerlo desde un lugar especifico y puedes hacerlo muchas veces..trick you can always do it,yes or yes...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

With tricks, the question is sometimes, is it just a unique room layout or also specific game behavior. I think in this case the trick is in how long the prince can hold onto the chomper, and survive. And because the trick is only useful in certain situations, it is demonstrated with a specific room layout. Trick or not is frequently a question. For example, someone could say trick 1 is a game bug while 3 is an actual trick.