popot.org

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: popot.org

Post by Norbert »

Added a page about the Special Edition...
http://www.popot.org/get_the_games.php?game=SE
...so visitors can download the package that RusFan put together.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Added the technical document that Mechner wrote in 1989:
http://www.popot.org/documentation/docu ... mation.pdf
(The old documents have their own page in the Documentation section. More will be added in the future.)
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Hey, Norbert. I just noticed something. On the site for my "4 rooms levelset" you imply that the graphics have been altered. That's not true. Fancy a fix?

Edit: Same with the following stuff of mine:

mk Level 1
mk Level 2
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

From the pictures, I can tell that...
- 4-Rooms Levelset has humans that are dressed as if they're from PoP2.
- mk Level 2 has a prince with a dark skin color.
- mk Level 1 has a princess with a dark skin color, red dungeons, a different prince, and different torches.
These aren't big changes, but none of these mods have all original graphics.

[Edit: By the way, the code allows me to add additional authors, like "Artist" and "Musician". So, if you didn't create the graphics but know who did, you can tell me and I'll add his/her/their name(s).]
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

What the hell? The named mods are my stuff so I gotta know better than you about 'em. And I can remember that the three I named did not have any graphical changes, i.e. they used the same gfx as the original PoP. It was probably the doing of Total Pack.

Also, I can clearly remember "PoP Seeking Revenge" to use an altered KID.DAT, so you might wanna note that it has altered graphics, too.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

In that case, PoP1 Total Pack is messing everything up. I've complained about this before. Basically, it means I have to ask everyone for their original packages, because starwindz did whatever he liked to do with them. Try running, for example, p53_4room/PRINCE.EXE and you'll see what I mean. (It also messed up the numbers, by skipping the p22_ directory.) I've simply added the run/ directories in that pack to popot.org... who still has the real packages?

[Edit: Called the Total Pack stupid. I've removed that.]
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Well, in that case I'll tell you the exact gfx resources I altered for my mods (I'm only talking about the ones that can be altered with Total Pack).

Princess in Danger:
- custom KID.DAT (ocher-clad Prince, white vials with ocher liquid)
- custom PRINCE.DAT (different sword)
- custom GUARD.DAT (similiar life display as Prince, but with liquids corresponding to their colour (once again thanks to David for helping me with that))

An Hour in Prison:
- custom KID.DAT (shoe'd Prince, same life display as PiD's KID.DAT, except for red liquid)
- custom GUARD.DAT (same life display as in PiD, except for coloured vials)
- custom VDUNGEON.DAT (single-segmented pillars, black exit door)
- custom VPALACE.DAT (yellow exit door)

Hostage of Time:
- custom KID.DAT (dark-skinned Prince and Princess)

Prince of Persia SNES-PC:
- custom KID.DAT (Brain's SNES-Prince)
- custom GUARD.DAT (Brain's SNES-Guards)
- custom VDUNGEON.DAT (Brain's SNES-Dungeon (Level 1-3))
- custom VPALACE.DAT (Brain's SNES-Palace (Level 13-15))

That ought to be all of them. Maybe you might wanna fix your screenshots corresponding to them, and I'll also send you all my mods and levelsets the way I've got them on my computer (i.e. original, final versions) in the near future.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Added a popuw.com forum archive (see my post here):
http://www.popot.org/popuw_forum_archive/
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Added a page about SAV and HOF editors:
http://www.popot.org/other_useful_tools ... ol=sav_hof
It currently has PoPSGE, PoPTrain, PRINCED, Prinsav, Save Editor, Prinhof and PoP3 trainer.
If I forgot to mention one or more of these editors, please let me know which ones and where I can download them.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I'm not going to stay on this forum, this is my last post.

Blaming me for jalal's behavior, calling me jealous, butthurt, emo, retard, new butcher, pussy, and whatnot.
Writing I'm jealous, that it's all about fame and popularity.

That's not the kind of person I am: what I've done for this community was for free and to help people.
The documentation I've written, my website, apoplexy, gpl2jascpal, diffpop, all these things.

I (really!) do wish you all the best.
Goodbye.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Someone's being a lot like me here... What with taking the whole forums thing too much to heart and all. Remember when I was willing to get myself banned back at PoPUW? Yeah, just like that. Oh well, can't be helped, I guess. The PoP community is pretty much dead now, anyway, so there's not too much to lose in the end.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote:I'm not going to stay on this forum, this is my last post.
It's almost exactly one year later now, and feel a lot better than I did when I left.
I'm glad to see the forum is still around. :P

I've been e-mailing some people about a new PoP-related project/idea that I think is also worth mentioning and discussing on this forum.
I will create a new thread about it on this Other PoP related board.

My website has had quite a lot of updates during the last year.
The most interesting addition (and what was - by far - the most work to create) is a Modding Timeline. It currently lists 147 events.
Also, I've added an archive of the forum that was once at cnu.net.ar.
Other than that, I've added RoomShaker II, FreePrince, Prince of Persia 1 for Mac, PoPMap (not POPMAP), PoPE, TPC, PRM, PrinHackEd, the Total Packs, documentation.
I'm currently rewriting the website's code, to remove tables, improve CSS usage, and make the PHP code more readable.
When that's done, which shouldn't take that much longer, I'll upload the new code and start working on SEO optimization.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote:I'm currently rewriting the website's code, to remove tables, improve CSS usage, and make the PHP code more readable.
This is done. The code isn't perfect by any means, but it's better than it used to be.
Every page now has an image at the top left that links to the W3C validator.
Also, the User Profile pages now work. (When clicking the nick of someone who commented, for example here.)
I'm now going to work on SEO a bit. (Not too much, just a couple of days.)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Added MP's mod:
http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000069 (Persian Nightmares)