The Queen Of Light (SNES Mod)

Shauing
Calif
Calif

Re: The Queen Of Light (SNES Mod)

Post by Shauing »

NITM-T wrote: April 30th, 2019, 6:48 am Wow, that was cool! Don't you think, Shauing? It's seems you were disappointed with that review there in romhacking, but this one here seems pretty nice! I mean, I know people like to do reviews about some romhacks, mods, fangames and stuff, but, is that the first time about a SNES PoP mod?
I was more disappointed on the fact that he gave up at Level 3. Retro Raider's video was cool, though he really didn't went into details (positives and negatives of the mod); I saw it more as promotion of the hack, but I hope more people know it and comment about it.
Yes, I think that it is the first time a YouTube review for a SNES PoP mod has been done. I'm delighted just for that.
NITM-T wrote: April 30th, 2019, 6:48 am I thought to put my mods there once, but I also thought something like that might happen. I believe people there who plays our mods has no knowledge about tricks and hacks we put on them. You see, besides yours, only Remix III has a review and it's also a no... The only one who has 2 yes is that Restoration. Well, that's something which that site has more, improvement, like Retro Raider talked about. Those guys likes to fix things that devs didn't and to restore canceled things on USA versions like was with SNES PoP Japanese version. Or course, there're mods, as well. But those mods brings the same gameplay, but with a new tileset and stuff. No new hacks which are necessary tricks or glitches.
I debated myself on putting it there as well, but more because it didn't look graphically different from the original game (at least v1.0), so I am glad I waited until I finished v2.0. Yeah, complete hacks are seemingly less prominent/important than the improvement ones, but I am surprised that my mod has got some considerable attention; perhaps because few mods have been made (and very few are available there).
NITM-T wrote: April 30th, 2019, 6:48 am About the person who did a review about your mod, said somethig like that: "I discovered you had to push the guard down the hole, and then dip into the hole to see him fall… but it doesn’t feel good".
See? He didn't ever notice that the song victory wasn't played after the guard fall and that it was replaced by that SE from skeleton. So, our mods may be too hard for them since it's seems they ever understand the original one.
Not everybody has a deep knowledge/experience playing PoP, but I think my mod is not that hard, and judging by his comment, he really loves the original SNES port. I think my mod it doesn't require complex tricks, and the new ones are taught in the training levels.
NITM-T wrote: April 30th, 2019, 6:48 am Retro also said that the story it's not a big deal. I mean, all PoP has the same story, I believe, heh. But for us, we don't have enough room for that like those guys do for Super Mario World and Super Metroid. They put stories in places which the original ones doesn't has (already talked about this) and I think I saw something like that for DOS version, once. I think is one from Norbert that he didn't finish or something.
Yeah, we cannot really write a more different story if we cannot change the visuals. I tried to write a story that could fit the game itself, not necessarily the scenes showing at that moment (though I would love to be able to change graphics on the prologue/epilogue).
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert, on Popot.org, the version of The Queen Of Light mod is the 2.0 one and not the newest one (2.1). I wouldn't bother you with this, if it wasn't for the fact that it is the first result that comes up if one searches for my mod on Google.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Shauing wrote: April 30th, 2019, 5:54 pm Norbert, on Popot.org, the version of The Queen Of Light mod is the 2.0 one and not the newest one (2.1). I wouldn't bother you with this, if it wasn't for the fact that it is the first result that comes up if one searches for my mod on Google.
Where's the download link for 2.1?
The first post in this thread has been edited by Falcury with the comment "Updated links; added list of changes in v2.0 and v2.1", but the download link http://bit.ly/2CJAyJp gives me a file with name "Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color).smc".
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: April 30th, 2019, 10:03 pm
Where's the download link for 2.1?
The first post in this thread has been edited by Falcury with the comment "Updated links; added list of changes in v2.0 and v2.1", but the download link http://bit.ly/2CJAyJp gives me a file with name "Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color).smc".
That's the one. Couldn't change the filename because the link is a direct ROM download and it replaces the older file if the same filename is retained. I should have created a zip/rar file instead.
The patch at romhacking does say 2.1.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Shauing wrote: April 30th, 2019, 10:18 pmThat's the one.
Okay, I'll update it tomorrow.
I'll update this post when done.
[Edit: Updated the ZIP file.]
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: April 30th, 2019, 11:43 pm [Edit: Updated the ZIP file.]
Thank you!
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Here's my original composition that I used on the title screen/prologue of my mod. Wrote it on Musescore with a couple of soundfonts and sort-of VSTs for most of the percussion tracks, extracted each audio instrument from there, and mixed it with some sound re-balancing on Adobe Audition 3 & CC.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

On twitch, Lunaticmasterspark played my mod two weeks ago. There's another 7 videos where he plays it, and as of today, still has not finished the final level. We had a chat last night and discussed the mod, positives and negatives, as well as his positiveness, determination and enjoyment on playing and wanting to finishing it despite dying countless times across the playthrough and so on. I was pretty thrilled to see someone play the mod! Currently watching Part 3; here's Part 1(I think all these were streams, as there's some pauses - a few quite long - and some written comments by him and maybe another user that was watching the stream when it was live):
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/548406483

EDIT: We kept chatting today, and he said he will stream later today/tomorrow his attempt to finish Level 10 as well as attempt the training levels (which he didn't know there were new ones); he does plan to later finish it with the good ending.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Today there was a livestream of LunaticMasterSpark playing the last level of my mod and I was there to give him tips, and afterwards he checked out the training levels as well.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Version 2.5 has been released:
https://bit.ly/PoPTQoL25
https://bit.ly/PoPTQoL25CPD

( @Falcury or any administrator/moderator, change the link on the first post for the above ones, and add the following text if you can please):
List of changes from v2.1:
- New graphics (mainly in the prologue).
- Removal of a pointless puzzle.
- More softlocks fixed.
- More graphical fixes.
- One level's overall difficulty reduced.
- Guards have more HP in one of the training levels.
- Time limit expanded to 90 minutes.
- A new ''casual-players difficulty'' version is included alongside the original difficulty one, aimed for less skillful players.
Differences between the original are overall less tight timed puzzles, less traps and loose floors, and checkpoints for the first two levels.

@Norbert , if you can, be sure to change the file for these two new ones on PoPOT.org.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Shauing wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:34 am@Norbert , if you can, be sure to change the file for these two new ones on PoPOT.org.
Can you PM me .smc files, and let me know which needs to be the default that's launched by poplaun and Total Pack (mods.xml has one s_executable per mod, currently <s_executable>Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light.smc</s_executable>).
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: June 11th, 2020, 3:24 pm Can you PM me .smc files, and let me know which needs to be the default that's launched by poplaun and Total Pack (mods.xml has one s_executable per mod, currently <s_executable>Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light.smc</s_executable>).
Sure, I'll send them. The default one should be the ''original difficulty'' version (it simply says v2.5).
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Shauing wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:34 am ( @Falcury or any administrator/moderator, change the link on the first post for the above ones, and add the following text if you can please):
Done: viewtopic.php?p=24927#p24927
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

David wrote: June 13th, 2020, 6:51 pm
Shauing wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:34 am ( @Falcury or any administrator/moderator, change the link on the first post for the above ones, and add the following text if you can please):
Done: viewtopic.php?p=24927#p24927
Thanks!
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

Shauing wrote: April 6th, 2019, 11:57 pm Norbert, here are some newer images of my mod you can use for popot.org, and if you could, download again v2.0 now with a minor glitch NITM-T pointed out fixed.

And if some admin can change or add the download link of 2.0 on the first post, I would appreciate it.

Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)000.pngPrince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)002.pngPrince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)003.pngPrince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)004.pngPrince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)005.pngPrince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)006.pngPrince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)007.pngPrince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)008.pngPrince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)009.pngPrince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.0)(Custom Color)010.png
Can you please give me picture for guard colour?
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.