New Mod - āhāzīdan skeleton (DOS)

segafrog
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

New Mod - āhāzīdan skeleton (DOS)

Post by segafrog »

Hi everyone, I wanted to be able to play through PoP with a skeleton character, so made it happen, ..link below! :D

https://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000287

Game levels are not changed but changes are made to main sprite of course, plus altered ending animation, removal of blood from chompers, altered storyline text and a few other small changes.
It's pretty rough animation, but fun anyway, and looks absolutely brilliant when shrunk down on a ps vita OLED screen lol

HUGE thanks to teljesnegyzet and Norbert for helping me out!!!

five.png
five.png (15.36 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: New Mod - āhāzīdan skeleton (DOS)

Post by Norbert »

segafrog wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:23 pmHi everyone, I wanted to be able to play through PoP with a skeleton character, so made it happen, ..link below! :D
It's nicely done. Fun idea too.

I made this Tweet (hopefully I guessed correctly that you're indeed @segafrog):
segafrog
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Re: New Mod - āhāzīdan skeleton (DOS)

Post by segafrog »

Awesome Thanks Norbert! :-D

Just my luck though, Seems there's an issue with my mod files because when i test to see the game ending sequence (level 14), the end animation works fine but then an error happens which is the end writing/text screen doesn't work and then SDLPoP stops working (shuts itself down).
. .. .Possibly an error with my TITLE.DAT file, (which is what i'm currently troubleshooting).
Will keep working to figure out and fix it

EDIT: phew i think it's resolved. One of my text images wasn't saved as monochrome bitmap. I've corrected it.

*anyone who downloaded the game before 10:30pm on friday 10th Feb will not get the correct ending of the game*
. . . .Now resolved, 'hopefully' :roll: