Mod revelations

Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Mod revelations

Post by Emiliano »

Some users may know them but I will tell you some data of my existing and future mods
General
1.- The starting time used in all of my mods is always a multiple of 6, there's no specific reason, that explains why I do not admit other numbers
2.- Believe it or not I'm still making experiments to see what players like, this explains differences between every mod
3.- I hate the skill 7 and the copy protection, this is why I don't use them
4.- I want to make mods as hard as the mods of SuavePrince or yaqsxw, this will take time of course
5.- One of my purposes in this life is making at least 100 mods, this will take me at least 12 years (to make good mods it takes me at least 15 days, 1 level per day and the other for making custom graphics and audio; of course I need some rest between a mod and another one)
6.- If I could delete the post with my garbage mods, I wouldn't be able to make you forget them, the only thing I can do is talk about them the least possible
7.- From my mod 6 and later I will no longer use broken rooms, except in Lihinghntom's Palace for SNES
Which will be similar to the other version with different levels
8.- I love the graphics of PoP 1.3 and 1.4, specially the golden dungeons, unfortunately I can't use those versions because I made an open promise about it
Future mod
Data of my future mod: Lihinghntom's Twisty Levelset:
1.- I can't make new levels until I get a reply with Hex editing to remove the clichés
2.- It Is also necessary fix the bugs I've recently asked for help
3.- The graphics may result boring for some players, it uses a grey scales and you will not see any color outside them
4.- This mod does not use custom audio because color doesn't really affect sound
5.- This time, original draws are respected, the only thing I altered is the color
6.- Just in case you're colorblind, this mod is suitable for you (respectfully mode)
7.- The idea of this mod is very old, I imagined this in July 2018 for the first time

You will see what happens when I release it ;)
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Re: Mod revelations

Post by yourantumayel69 »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: June 20th, 2020, 6:42 am I hate the skill 7 and the copy protection, this is why I don't use them
For me, skill 7 is okay from the original PoP 1989. Anyway, the copy protection is not playable. ;)
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

yourantumayel69 wrote: June 20th, 2020, 8:37 am
Emiliano Fierro wrote: June 20th, 2020, 6:42 am I hate the skill 7 and the copy protection, this is why I don't use them
For me, skill 7 is okay from the original PoP 1989. Anyway, the copy protection is not playable. ;)
Sorry, you're wrong with the copy protection, it is available in CusPoP, simply choose the level where the potions level will appear before, for example we will use the default, it says “potions level will appear before this level” and it is level 2, so it will appear before level 2
Did I explain well?
If you want to play it, don't type -1 because this disables that option
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

After a long reflection, I decided to don't make difficult mods because it reduces the number of players who download them, instead all my mods will have a neutral difficulty skill (3/5) approximately suitable for beginners and experts too
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Adm, Mdr
Do you think this topic should go somewhere else?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Skill 7 is very easy, you put your sword back, draw it and hit him and put your sword back. Keep doing this until guard is dead. There's a bit practice involved, but if you practice it, you can do it very easily :)

Even I hated it previously, but now it's very easy.

P.S: Don't do this if you are near a potion as instead of drawing sword, you would drink the potion and while you drink it, the guard would kill you ;)
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Emiliano Fierro wrote: June 29th, 2020, 7:57 am After a long reflection, I decided to don't make difficult mods because it reduces the number of players who download them, instead all my mods will have a neutral difficulty skill (3/5) approximately suitable for beginners and experts too
So do I, I still don't make harder/hardest mod (like Suave Prince, ArmFly, Aram Sev, and yaqxsw) and I still make simple and easy-medium mods (but in the future, a hundred simple and easy-medium mods contains western cowboy graphics)
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:34 am Skill 7 is very easy, you put your sword back, draw it and hit him and put your sword back. Keep doing this until guard is dead. There's a bit practice involved, but if you practice it, you can do it very easily :)
It's easy for block strikes from guard with arrow up keys (then repeat it) :)
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:34 am
Skill 7 is very easy, you put your sword back, draw it and hit him and put your sword back. Keep doing this until guard is dead. There's a bit practice involved, but if you practice it, you can do it very easily :)

Even I hated it previously, but now it's very easy.

P.S: Don't do this if you are near a potion as instead of drawing sword, you would drink the potion and while you drink it, the guard would kill you ;)
I tried your hack and worked very well for me, thanks :D
However I will not use it in any of my mods
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:17 am Adm, Mdr
I've now moved it from "Off Topic" to "New Levels and Mods For DOS".
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

David wrote: July 4th, 2020, 7:01 pm
Emiliano Fierro wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:17 am Adm, Mdr
I've now moved it from "Off Topic" to "New Levels and Mods For DOS".
Thanks
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Other thing is that some new mods will not have new custom graphics and audio, I will decide to re-use the old ones from other levels or keep the original ones
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

I prefer graphics are untouched or altered very slightly (either to confuse the player or adding new feature) or you can use graphics already listed on PoPOT. They are used almost in every mod which have graphics altered. They are pretty good or you can keep original ones.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)