Post by Emiliano »

Try my new mod!
Attachments
Persian Sweet Dreams.zip
(348.62 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
4DPlayer

Re: Persian Sweet Dreams

Post by 4DPlayer »

Persian Sweet Dreams is a very nice mod! Thanks to Emiliano for creating it. I enjoyed a Level 11 most and other levels had challenges and hard areas. Keep up the work!
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

So the game is interesting, but the bad thing is that each level starts upside down - - - - have to turn the screen - - - not convenient for children. My son refused to play in this style...I started playing too and didn't ....
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

YURA wrote: August 30th, 2019, 8:35 pm So the game is interesting, but the bad thing is that each level starts upside down - - - - have to turn the screen - - - not convenient for children. My son refused to play in this style...I started playing too and didn't ....
I didn’t find it like this.
If you watch Emiliano’s video, the levels don’t start in flipdown.

YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Check it out in SDLPoP
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

YURA wrote: August 31st, 2019, 1:14 am Check it out in SDLPoP
Oh. I see. I only tried in DOSBOX. I don’t know why SDLPoP will start the levels upside down. Maybe Norbert or Falcury could help you.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Sorry for the mistakes, I didn't know about them
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

4DPlayer wrote: August 31st, 2019, 1:17 am I don’t know why SDLPoP will start the levels upside down. Maybe Norbert or Falcury could help you.
You can turn it off at: ESC -> Settings -> Mods -> Start with the screen flipped.

Why does it happen?
This mod uses a PRINCE.EXE from v1.4.
SDLPoP tries to read out CusPoP settings from PRINCE.EXE, and it fails with v1.4 and v1.3.
Here: https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/blob/17 ... ons.c#L549
It says "Offsets and comparisons are derived from princehack.xml", but in princehack.xml, "flipdown" has offsets only for v1.0 (p0 and u0).
In SDLPoP, the offsets for v1.3 and v1.4 (last 4 numbers) are wrong, they are the offsets from the previous hack plus 3.
The solution is to restrict the detection of this hack to v1.0 PRINCE.EXEs.

There is a similar problem with the "tile shown at the left of the room if there is no room that way" hack.

Here is my fix: https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/commit/ ... 19ebe349dc
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Ok. That explains it.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Big request!!! lay out this game "Persian Sweet Dreams" (MOD-198) in normal form and good condition.
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

YURA wrote: September 8th, 2019, 3:40 am Big request!!! lay out this game "Persian Sweet Dreams" (MOD-198) in normal form and good condition.
I could probably patch up a version of this mod with the sound files from PoP 1.4 so that it would sound like the real version.
I’m sure the author won’t mind because the levels and graphics will remain unchanged.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

4DPlayer wrote: September 8th, 2019, 5:43 am
YURA wrote: September 8th, 2019, 3:40 am Big request!!! lay out this game "Persian Sweet Dreams" (MOD-198) in normal form and good condition.
I could probably patch up a version of this mod with the sound files from PoP 1.4 so that it would sound like the real version.
I’m sure the author won’t mind because the levels and graphics will remain unchanged.
4DPlayer!
Please! And the son wants her to pass himself.
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

YURA wrote: September 8th, 2019, 1:36 pm 4DPlayer!
Please! And the son wants her to pass himself.
Here it is.
0000198.zip
(350 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
It turns out I needed to modify SETUP.EXE to include Sound Blaster Pro sound effects.
Again, only the sound and not the level layout or graphics has been changed.

Edit: Note that this probably will NOT fix the problem in SDLPoP with the screen flipping. To fix that:
David wrote: September 7th, 2019, 7:44 pm You can turn it off at: ESC -> Settings -> Mods -> Start with the screen flipped.

Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

4DPlayer wrote: September 8th, 2019, 5:43 am
I know you are having problems, so I will never again make levels for PoP 1.3 or 1.4 :(
I'm sorry for the big mistake
I won't get angry if you modify the version.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Persian Sweet Dreams but in PoP 1.0 Version
Attachments
Persian Sweet Dreams.zip
(340.56 KiB) Downloaded 92 times