New Mod: Levels Of Illusion

4DPlayer

New Mod: Levels Of Illusion

Post by 4DPlayer »

About two months since my last mod, but I already made this one, and decided to post it!
This mod is my first one with edited graphics, I used palette suite and other amazing tools you guys recommended and created to edit all of them.
Name: Levels Of Illusion
Custom Levels: 13
Edited Graphics: Dungeon, Palace, Prince, Shadow, Guards, Fat Guards, Skeletons, basically everything..
Author: 4DPlayer
Watch the trailer: It shows many surprises of the game. :arrow:

Since this mod is one with a few broken links and other strange additions, there are a couple of bugs.
Notable bugs and issues:
Spoiler: show
1.Combat:
The sword clash sound overwrites a prompt hit sound (guard or prince) therefore you won’t hear the hit sound right after the sword clash sound such as a fight with the Vizier or a Level 5 or 9 guard.

2. Level 3
Tip-toeing right from room 19 will cause the Prince to fall into nothing even though there is a room that way. A broken room is the cause here. Prevent this by running from room 19.

3. Level 4
a. Tip-toeing right from room 6 will cause the Prince to fall below into room 19. A broken room is the cause here. Prevent this by running from room 6.
b. When making the running jump to the two loose tiles and the chomper in room 12, stopping next to the chomper will position and the prince at the edge of the cliff. Making any move will cause him to fall. Prevent this by making the running jump and then keep on jumping on the loose bricks to jump through the chomper.

4. Level 6
The fat guard in room 5 will stall if you move to the right edge of room 5. This is a minor bug and will fix itself once you move closer to the fat guard.

Send any other reports of bugs and issues to this thread.
Here is the mod:
Attachments
Illusion.zip
(318.17 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: New Mod: Levels Of Illusion

Post by Norbert »

Looks interesting.
I'll add it to popot.org, and will mention it on social media.
Will edit this post when done.
[Edit: Done (and t, f).]
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Norbert wrote: July 25th, 2019, 3:26 pm Looks interesting.
I'll add it to popot.org, and will mention it on social media.
Will edit this post when done.
[Edit: Done (and t, f).]
Thank you Norbert!
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

4DPlayer wrote: July 24th, 2019, 3:31 am Watch the trailer: It shows many surprises of the game. :arrow:
Wait, at 1:05 a green big potion hurts the prince!?
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

David wrote: July 27th, 2019, 5:33 pm Wait, at 1:05 a green big potion hurts the prince!?
Play to find out! ;)
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Hi! I have not been on the site for a long time-I see a new MOD-197 appeared. Try to pass. Like the new design. Here is 1 level:
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

YURA wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 9:00 am Hi! I have not been on the site for a long time-I see a new MOD-197 appeared. Try to pass. Like the new design. Here is 1 level:
Thanks for playing, Yura! Glad you enjoy this mod!

ps. Yura, why do all the tiles not go down in 1:08? You need to have “triggering of any tile” enabled in SdlPoP. This adds extra illusion. :). This triggering of any tile is also necessary to the game as it will help to open closed choppers in your way to help you. (See trailer)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

4DPlayer wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 2:48 pmps. Yura, why do all the tiles not go down in 1:08? You need to have “triggering of any tile” enabled in SdlPoP. This adds extra illusion. :).
Yeah, I even picked what happens there as one of the screenshots.
Falcury, perhaps this is a bug in SDLPoP's PRINCE.EXE customizations detection?
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Well I'll try to pass in DOSBox
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

YURA wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 5:19 pm Well I'll try to pass in DOSBox
Ok. DosBox will also turn that extra all-black guard into a full color guard.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Here is a playthrough of the 1st level in DOSBox: if the right to jump, all right.... only the black guards became light...The author of how to pass - in any version???
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

YURA wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 8:46 pm Here is a playthrough of the 1st level in DOSBox: if the right to jump, all right.... only the black guards became light...The author of how to pass - in any version???
Nice jump on the loose bricks in 1:16.

The black guards become light because I’m basically using a PoP bug to create them. They are similar to the strange guards in Prince of Persia 4D. SDLPoP does not recognize the strange bug so it will display it light guards as black guards in SDLPoP. Only DosBox will display those colors for them.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Then play DOSBox - That's level 2:
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

YURA wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 6:11 am Then play DOSBox - That's level 2:
0:45. That was the Level 2 surprise. ;) Also at the end of the video...strange illusion. :cool:
Every level has a surprise except level 11.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Here is 3 level of:

Here are the 4 level and is quite confusing for the rooms, but at least 2 more life added: