Prince of Persia Potion Puzzles - new levels

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince of Persia Potion Puzzles - new levels

Post by Norbert »

MoonlightShadow wrote:This is really difficult.
It becomes easier when you know all the tricks. :)
Some examples: in level 1 use this one above the starting gate, in level 4 use this one after hitting the guard down on the loose tile.
MoonlightShadow
Efendi
Efendi

Post by MoonlightShadow »

Thanks! Level 1 is ok now. But what do you guys do to get the potion in level 5?

This mod needs us to find the right place to fall down LOL. Took me several times to find out where to fall down in level 1 :D And we also need to be handy. I often kill the guard before he can fall down to the loose floor T.T
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

MoonlightShadow wrote:But what do you guys do to get the potion in level 5?
Here's a hint: go to the left side of the gate next to the green potion, and jump there.
Certain loose tiles only fall down when something else drops on them.

A second solution - yes, yes... :) - involves jumping onto the row where the guard is that's blocking your path (from the right), and later using this trick to open the gate towards the LP.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote:There seem to be two ways to open the gate towards the LP (blue potion, button next to it).
But how to prevent it from closing?
Ah, never mind, I get it now.
Spoiler: show
You need to lure the guard all the way to the right.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I've added spoilers for all the levels here:
http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000036
I like this mod. This type of mod adds a little something to just reaching the exit.
MoonlightShadow
Efendi
Efendi

Yeah this mod is not that freaking difficult but needs some cleverness.

Level 4 has another solution to the level-up door. You don't need to get to the blue potion, the button which opens the door is to the left, on the same floor with the button which opens the gate to the LP. There's also another button just one tile next to it to the right. So drink the LP then keep go to the left, then get down, hit that button, get up, go to the left, get down, go all the way to the right, open the gate to the left of the level-up door, and you complete the level without meeting that guard next to the gate below the door, who can kill you even when that gate is closed. I think there're many ways to get there.

About level 5, the shadow couldn't get the green potion (looks just like a loser LOL), but I didn't have enough time to get to the LP before the slow falls effect stops. About the trick you said, I don't know why but that wasn't effective, the gate wouldn't open.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

MoonlightShadow wrote:About the trick you said, I don't know why but that wasn't effective, the gate wouldn't open.
It takes some practice to know how to do that.
See the text by David above the video you linked to.
If you do exactly what he writes there, you'll get it to work eventually.
MoonlightShadow
Efendi
Efendi

Wow! After several times, I did it! That was cool! Thanks! The way to get to the button which opens the level-up door is also a puzzle. When you jump up and see that the loose tile is on the other side,
go down, but don't go to that side, just go up again and jump up again, now the loose tile is on your side and it falls down. Very nice! And it took me several minutes of my first time to find out.
And one more thing, in level 3, you can defeat the skeleton by
drive him to the right wall, then he disappears into the wall and the victory music is on.
In level 6, if I drink the potion, I can't get out of it because the gate is closed. I don't have enough time. And that shadow is just standing there T.T
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

MoonlightShadow wrote:And that shadow is just standing there T.T
See page 11 of this document.
You need to make a four-tile jump.
tacosalad
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by tacosalad »

Norbert wrote:I've added spoilers for all the levels here:
http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000036
I like this mod. This type of mod adds a little something to just reaching the exit.
Your Level 8 spoiler was an unplanned solution, which I only learned accidentally during play-testing. I considered revising the level to prevent tip-toeing past the guard, but chose to leave it in because it's a perfectly valid solution. But can you find my intended solution for Level 8?

Here's a hint. Notice something different?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

tacosalad wrote:But can you find my intended solution for Level 8?
Well, I can. ;)
Nice one though, it took me a while before I started thinking "Wait a minute..." :lol:
Page 13 of this document.
It's the mouse room.
MoonlightShadow
Efendi
Efendi

MoonlightShadow wrote:
in level 3, you can defeat the skeleton by
drive him to the right wall, then he disappears into the wall and the victory music is on.
Why it only works on my computer??? I tried it with the computer at school but it didn't work :o Both were PoP 1.1
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

MoonlightShadow wrote:Why it only works on my computer??? I tried it with the computer at school but it didn't work :o Both were PoP 1.1
Because it's not an easy trick.
You can't just hit the skeleton when he's standing next to the wall.
When you hit him, he needs to be standing somewhat 'inside' the wall already, which you can accomplish by switching places with him a certain way.
MoonlightShadow
Efendi
Efendi

Norbert wrote:
MoonlightShadow wrote:Why it only works on my computer??? I tried it with the computer at school but it didn't work :o Both were PoP 1.1
Because it's not an easy trick.
You can't just hit the skeleton when he's standing next to the wall.
When you hit him, he needs to be standing somewhat 'inside' the wall already, which you can accomplish by switching places with him a certain way.
Oh so it's also a trick :D But I remember when I did it I didn't even switch places with him :|

I just tried it again, really not easy, and when I finished, there was even no victory music. Can't get it why I did it the first time wonderfully simple :lol:

In level 7, how can you remove the loose tile to cover the spikes after drinking the LP?

I still can't get out of the LP room in level 10 yet. I heard that when the prince swings while holding on an edge, we can choose the right time to drop so that he can drop to the right or left of the edge, is that right? 'cause I tried it several times but it didn't work
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

MoonlightShadow wrote: In level 7, how can you remove the loose tile to cover the spikes after drinking the LP?
At the edge below the loose floor, climb down and then immediately up. Turn around and jump up. The loose floor should fall now.
MoonlightShadow wrote:I still can't get out of the LP room in level 10 yet. I heard that when the prince swings while holding on an edge, we can choose the right time to drop so that he can drop to the right or left of the edge, is that right? 'cause I tried it several times but it didn't work
You need to hang from one of the ledges in the bottom row.
Don't release the shift key, just wait until the prince releases the ledge by himself. Hold shift until he grabs one of the ledges above the spikes.