Five levels for the Brave

Jakubbw
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Five levels for the Brave

Post by Jakubbw »

Hello all,

Thanks to Moscow Tracer for inviting me here. I made five levels, pretty extensive and hopefully containing what might be called at least fairly innovative puzzles and ideas. They are downloadable from http://www.rajama.net/keeper/prince/LEVELS.DAT or, individually, from http://www.rajama.net/keeper/prince/RANGEX*.plv , where * is the level number (1 to 5). A custom PRINCE.EXE file, which contains modified guards' hitpoint settings, is downloadable from http://www.rajama.net/keeper/prince/PRINCE.EXE

Video solutions/demonstrations can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/jakubbw

I've been encouraged to made an entire mod, but I'm running out of ideas, so I cannot specify any date at which new levels might come into existence. In any event, all comments and suggestions regarding the existing ones are most welcome.

Best wishes,
Jakub
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Five levels for the Brave

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Thanks, Jakub.

I'll test your levels and maybe give you some ideas with next levels.

We must finish our MODs (now I'm working on "Mirages of Persia", 8 levels completed) and test them.
Then I'll try to ask starwindz to include our MODs in Total Pack. :)
MasterXploder
Efendi
Efendi

Post by MasterXploder »

w00t k00l 8)
Jakubbw
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by Jakubbw »

I've added a new level to my set - it can be downloaded from http://www.rajama.net/keeper/prince/RANGEX6.plv There is also a new video solution on my youtube account. I do not have any name for my levelset yet, I suppose it can be provisionally called "Rangex's Challenge", Rangex being my very old nickname, not used in many years.

Best,
Jakub
Jakubbw
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by Jakubbw »

After a long break I decided to create yet another level - quite surprisingly, this is probably the shortest and the easiest of my levels. I think that the concept is comparatively original too, since I haven't yet encountered any level based on the idea of continuous descent from a very large tower. In any event, I hope that you will enjoy it.

Here's the walkthrough video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DdBauQ9s9s

Best,
Jakub
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

Awesome level! :mrgreen:

Btw, did you jump off the cliff first to give a view of all the rooms in the video?
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Jakubbw
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by Jakubbw »

Eagle-Head Priest 97 wrote:Awesome level! :mrgreen:

Btw, did you jump off the cliff first to give a view of all the rooms in the video?
Yes, the reason was to give an overview of the level. It's also the only way (apart from watching the walkthrough video) to avoid guessing what's down below. If one is patient enough to use this method, that is.
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

heey...?
i have seen that mod on youtube
Kaede
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by Kaede »

Sorry to bump such an old topic, but I would really like to give a try at that "inverted tower level", however the download links are dead and Google won't help.
Any chance someone kept the files safe ?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Hi Kaede, welcome to the Princed forum.
Kaede wrote:[...] I would really like to give a try at that "inverted tower level", [...]
I've attached the level to this post.
Have fun playing! :)
Attachments
Jakubbw.zip
Level 7; "Inverted Tower of Lebab"
(337.34 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Kaede
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by Kaede »

That was quick, thank you ! :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

I just tried this level.
The hardest part (for me) is the first guard, whom I have to push into the spikes if I want to continue the level.
But very often, either I push him into the pit (on the right), or he pushes me into the spikes.
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Kaede wrote: August 30th, 2013, 10:15 pm Sorry to bump such an old topic
Yea same apologies for doing the same here.... ;)

I was looking for maybe new videos on any PoP mods on Youtube. (Even adjusting the sort filter to latest Upload date and keywords of all sorts "Prince of Persia mods, PoP custom", etc. but uploads have been fairly quiet......)

Anyway I stumbled on Jakubbw's videos and found the mod not yet in Popot and Total Pack.
Is it under consideration to be added, like mentioned viewtopic.php?p=22451#p22451
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

kj-5349 wrote: March 14th, 2018, 11:04 amIs it under consideration to be added, like mentioned viewtopic.php?p=22451#p22451
Er, yeah, I guess. In November 2009 he wrote "After a long break I decided to create yet another level", so I was kind of waiting it out, to see if he'd create more levels. From what it looks like, that most likely won't happen. In theory this mod would have 7 levels total. I'm not sure if levels 1-6 are still available somewhere. Also, is it interesting enough to be added (as half a mod, 7 levels)?
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Norbert wrote: March 15th, 2018, 12:19 amI'm not sure if levels 1-6 are still available somewhere.
Oops, overlooked that. Though the walkthrough videos in Youtube are there, but the "rajama" links are no longer active.
I downloaded your attachment assuming there would be 7 levels, but after opening it much later finding out only one level is changed instead...

If no one else had a copy for the earlier 6 levels, guess we have to leave this alone then......

It was also just a thought, that this stood out among the at-least-half-completed mods like David's Levels, and Istaria's older custom pack, and the walkthroughs made it look quite interesting to try.