PR 1.3.1 (final)

About PR usage and development, and about the POP format.
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Re: PR 1.3.1 (final)

Post by Sting »

Norbert wrote: May 15th, 2020, 2:45 pm
Sting wrote: May 15th, 2020, 2:25 pm I don't get it I am a little bad at that this is why it is better to perform a video tutorial of how to export and import from dat files but my problem also is the pr exe does not launch and I couldn't change anything in the xml file
Hi Sting.

The PR executable file does not launch a user interface (GUI).
It only prints output on the DOS prompt (console, command-line).

One thing that might help you is this PR.bat file.
Put this PR.bat in the same directory as the PR executable, and then run this BAT file.

If that doesn't help you, try watching this video.

Another solution is to use SDLPoP.
SDLPoP simply has all images in its data/ directory.
Also, unlike the DOS game, palettes do not limit the number of colors SDLPoP can display.
Thank you so much sir it is working well I am using your document in popot and it is improving and thanks for the bat file because this is what I needed exactly :)
Check out my first ever mod and rate it it is Journey in Mystery I hope I will improve next time, thank you :D :) :D
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

Sting wrote: May 15th, 2020, 2:25 pm I don't get it I am a little bad at that this is why it is better to perform a video tutorial of how to export and import from dat files but my problem also is the pr exe does not launch and I couldn't change anything in the xml file
Hi Sting.

Put this PR.bat in the same directory as the PR executable, and then run this BAT file.

Also, unlike the DOS game, palettes do not limit the number of colors SDLPoP can display.
Thank you sir so much it is working perfectly thanks for the bat files it was exactly what I needed because I am bad at these commands
Check out my first ever mod and rate it it is Journey in Mystery I hope I will improve next time, thank you :D :) :D
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

Hi Sting.

The pr have a big problem in memory when it exports a file and import it back the new file even if nothing has been changed doesn't have the same size I edited a pv.dat and kept the new pics with the same size as old ones but after importing the new file is double-sized and while playing the dosbox stops and shows insufficient memory as I mentionned here(viewtopic.php?p=28960#p28960
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Hi new users, I know it is impossible to send xml files using phpBB, so I zipped the files
Sting (and other users who need it), simply export my shared vdungeon and vpalace files using this version of xml, this versions already include extra resources (Vdungeon = balcony, lattice, mirror, tapestry; Vpalace = skeleton). You have also the fixed shadow resources in all xml files, just search the fixed file in Other Tools and Hex Editing and export it, you will not have more problems
I also re-uploaded the necessary files, rename the xml files to resources.xml (one at the time)
How to rename the files
1.- wda vpalace.dat = vpalace.dat
2.- wda extra vpalace.dat = vpalace.dat
3.- extra vpalace.dat = vpalace.dat
4.- extra vdungeon = vdungeon.dat
*Choose only one from 1,2 or 3 and 4 if you want
*Don't forget to re-import your custom files using the same xml version
Attachments
wda vpalace.dat
(22.61 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
wda extra vpalace.dat
(22.97 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
extra vpalace.dat
(21.48 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
extra vdungeon.dat
(21.88 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
XML Resources.zip
(21.97 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: June 21st, 2020, 11:29 pm Sting (and other users who need it), simply export my shared vdungeon and vpalace files using this version of xml, this versions already include extra resources (Vdungeon = balcony, lattice, mirror, tapestry; Vpalace = skeleton).
Thank you. I have already exists about resources.xml, but not fixed yet ;)
Now, I will use it ;)
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

I have made the part 1/2 of a PR Long Tutorial which will be useful for users like Sting or Youran Tumayel
(This time adding extra resources and WDA vpalace)
Second part over the next 48 hours
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Finally the second part of the P Long Tutorial
(This time exporting all resources and file editing)
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Anybody who can help?
I extract character SNES graphics (FAT.DAT, KID.DAT, PRINCE.DAT and VIZIER.DAT), but the problem appear: "error, monochrome palette format wrong"
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

yourantumayel69 wrote: July 24th, 2020, 12:31 pm Anybody who can help?
I extract character SNES graphics (FAT.DAT, KID.DAT, PRINCE.DAT and VIZIER.DAT), but the problem appear: "error, monochrome palette format wrong"
It seems there is a bug in the PRINCE.DAT of SNES graphics; or at least something which PR doesn't expect.

Namely, the potion bubble images are in 4 bpp (16 colors) format instead of 1 bpp (2 colors).
PR will extract these images incorrectly in addition to giving an error message.

To extract these images properly, change this line of resources.xml:

Code: Select all

<folder name="bubble animation" path="bubble animation" type="image" colors="2">
to this:

<folder name="bubble animation" path="bubble animation" type="image">
(Make sure you keep a copy of the original resources.xml; or make a copy and change the copy instead.)

By the way, the previews of PRINCE.DAT files on PoPOT show the bubbles incorrectly for the two files by Brain, and the one file by DKM.
That's because of this same bug.

I don't even know why does resources.xml have to specify the number of colors in images, because it's stored in the image itself.
If I try to extract a 2-color image without specifying colors="2" in resources.xml, it gets extracted almost correctly (as 1 bpp) except the palette will be all black.
If PR used a black-and-white palette in that case then we wouldn't need colors="2" at all.
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

David wrote: July 25th, 2020, 10:57 am
yourantumayel69 wrote: July 24th, 2020, 12:31 pm Anybody who can help?
It seems there is a bug in the PRINCE.DAT of SNES graphics; or at least something which PR doesn't expect.

Namely, the potion bubble images are in 4 bpp (16 colors) format instead of 1 bpp (2 colors).
PR will extract these images incorrectly in addition to giving an error message.

To extract these images properly, change this line of resources.xml:

<folder name="bubble animation" path="bubble animation" type="image" colors="2">
to this:

<folder name="bubble animation" path="bubble animation" type="image">
(Make sure you keep a copy of the original resources.xml; or make a copy and change the copy instead.)

By the way, the previews of PRINCE.DAT files on PoPOT show the bubbles incorrectly for the two files by Brain, and the one file by DKM.
That's because of this same bug.

I don't even know why does resources.xml have to specify the number of colors in images, because it's stored in the image itself.
If I try to extract a 2-color image without specifying colors="2" in resources.xml, it gets extracted almost correctly (as 1 bpp) except the palette will be all black.
If PR used a black-and-white palette in that case then we wouldn't need colors="2" at all.
Thank you ;)
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Video made by request of Youran Tumayel
How to create a title mod?
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Emiliano Fierro wrote: August 25th, 2020, 11:22 pm Video made by request of Youran Tumayel
Very good!!👍
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: August 25th, 2020, 11:22 pm Video made by request of Youran Tumayel
[...]
You are creating great videos! Keep it up! :)
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 8:03 am
[...]
You are creating great videos! Keep it up! :)
Thanks, I need to make at least one video per month if I want to at least keep my progress, making Prince of Persia videos is like an unlimited resource