Help in making a mod

About PR usage and development, and about the POP format.
samurai_01
Efendi
Efendi

Help in making a mod

Post by samurai_01 »

sorry for a very stupid post but still i though i should ask since i am a beginner only-
i am trying to make a mod of prince of persia 1.Going by the site i got the following tools downloaded for it:
1.Roomshaker 1--- Level editor
2.Princed Resource Manager v1.2
3.PR from http://www.freeweb.hu/princepersia/en/pr_fix_dl.htm -- by David

please tell whether i must have something more...

i know how to edit levels in roomshaker and have successfully edited some but i was thinking of doing more like making my own story line (like in Arabian Nightmares and Hostage of Time) and have my custom designed prince( i know it can be done using PR..) but some mods have pop2 prince in them( as in The Prince LOSVSI by programmer) do they do it by importing kid.dat from POP2 or is there any other way round?

and also :oops: how does Princed Resource Manager v1.2 work... a brief introduction will be of great help :D (I can import the dat file via prm and convert it into bmp format but what next?? and if i import the TITLE.DAT via PR it works same question .. what next??))
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Help in making a mod

Post by mk1995 »

There isn't really much more that you need. And the story texts are in the TITLE.DAT file, which is extracted by PR.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

Just remember not to download the latest edition of PR if you're going to edit your TITLE.DAT or KID.DAT (or others) in Microsoft Paint - apparently people had problems doing this when they downloaded the latest version.
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Problems indeed, Princed Resources Manager (note: Manager, not Editor) just creates a .txt file with

BEGIN resources table

END resources table

^^
samurai_01
Efendi
Efendi

Post by samurai_01 »

prm creates text file for some dat files(titles.dat is one) this is what i did:
pasted titles.dat of 37kb in folder of prm
ipressed import
it converted it into 1kb file and made a text file of 1 kb as well
is it a bug or am i doing something wrong
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

Veke wrote:Problems indeed, Princed Resources Manager (note: Manager, not Editor) just creates a .txt file with

BEGIN resources table

END resources table

^^
that problem i get too how to chenge it ?