C64/128 version released!

Threads about other remakes and ports.
mrsid
Efendi
Efendi

Re: C64/128 version released!

Post by mrsid »

So here's the easiest way to do this:
Use VICE, configure the C64 joystick in port 2.
Attach pop.crt, enable warp mode (alt+w) to quickly go through intro and title screen (press fire to skip the intro and the title). You end up in level 1 in about one second.
Disable warp mode, and enter the debugger/monitor (alt+m). Enter:
> 031c xx
where xx is the level number you want to go to (in hexadecimal). Use the x command to quit the monitor.
Now the game will jump to the level.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

mrsid wrote: October 19th, 2019, 10:49 am So here's the easiest way to do this:
Use VICE, configure the C64 joystick in port 2.
Attach pop.crt, enable warp mode (alt+w) to quickly go through intro and title screen (press fire to skip the intro and the title). You end up in level 1 in about one second.
Disable warp mode, and enter the debugger/monitor (alt+m). Enter:
> 031c xx
where xx is the level number you want to go to (in hexadecimal). Use the x command to quit the monitor.
Now the game will jump to the level.
Surely, C64 assembly language has jump instructions that were also used by crackers to skip the copy protection of games?
Or maybe CRT compression prevents access to this, but then it's strange the level data is directly accessible.
Either way, given the absence of an easy playtesting option, I'll refrain from adding C64 level editing functionality to leapop.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: October 19th, 2019, 3:26 pmEither way, given the absence of an easy playtesting option, I'll refrain from adding C64 level editing functionality to leapop.
I've just released leapop v1.0, which can edit PoP1 for C64 (05/11/2011) levels.

Its so-called EXE screen, which is accessible via F2, lacks certain settings for C64, because I didn't know some offsets (and left these at 0x00 in the code). Namely: ulShadowHPC, ulChomperDelayC, ulMouseDelayC, ulGuardUniformC, ulGuardSpriteC, ulEnv1C, ulEnv2C.