Original Prince of Persia 1.0 1.3 and 1.4

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
mickey96
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Re:

Post by mickey96 »

_Zaphod_ wrote:1.4 is a version that was changed to be more compatible with modern CPUs and operating systems. it was coded especially for the POP collection pack. POP2 was also revised in a similar manner. they forced VGA in the case of 1.4 POP1 because ALL modern cpus and dos boxes have vga support
Right.
Refueled my car! Now I can keep going!
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Original Prince of Persia 1.0 1.3 and 1.4

Post by Tristan »

it is more easyir if you make a shortcut and call it :
on prince of persia : 1.0 make a shortcut and call it --- megahit ---

on prince of persia : 1.3 make a shortcut and call it --- improved ---

on prince of persia : 1.4 make a shortcut and call it --- improved ---

and if you use CMD or DosBox grab the shortcut to the cmd icon or dosbox icon the game will start now in cheat mode
sindhuharve
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by sindhuharve »

what do u mean by "start the game with IMPROVED if version 1.3" :( i have version 1.3...... but i don't know what u mean by starting the game with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

make a shortcut of you pop1.3 call the shortcut IMPROVED to run in cheat modes
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

This is too hard to understand.

Basically, what he means is to open a new text file with Editor and write "prince improved" (without quotation marks) in it. Then, save it under any name, but make sure it has the suffix .bat at the end. A good example could be "cheats.bat" (again, without quotation marks). Save that one in your Prince 1.3/1.4 folder, and voilà - double-click it and you can play PoP1.3/1.4 with cheats! ...even though that's totally lame.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

tristan1993 wrote:make a shortcut of you pop1.3 call the shortcut IMPROVED to run in cheat modes
I'm sorry, but that's just plain wrong. You can name the shortcut anything at all, it won't make any difference to the game itself.

@sindhuharve: Follow the instructions I posted here.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Hey, what about my idea? Doesn't it work just as good?
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

Yeah, that's the way I use cheats!
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

with cheats is the game easy as the hell (without also (but more easyir with cheats(if u use)
AuraDragon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by AuraDragon »

tristan1993 wrote:with cheats is the game easy as the hell (without also (but more easyir with cheats(if u use)
Google Translator doesn't work on this.
I post on the forum at weird times of the day
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

mk1995 wrote:Hey, what about my idea? Doesn't it work just as good?
Sure it does! :) I just pointed the OP to a post with screenshots, in case he got confused. ;)
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

I guess pictures explain things better than foolproof descriptions... :|
duke
Efendi
Efendi

Post by duke »

Sorry about the necropost. Wasn't sure if this would be interesting to someone. I came across a copy of Prince of Persia 1 claiming to be Prince of Persia v1.1. The copy has had a crack applied, so it's possible the version may have been edited, but I don't see why that'd be necessary or useful. Since noone around here seems to think a v1.1 exists, figured I'd mention it in case anyone wants to see a copy.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

Nobody said PoP v1.1 doesn't exist, but as far as we know, it's never been publicly released and we've never seen a copy. BTW, are you absolutely sure you have PoP v1.1 English with you? I have seen PoP v1.1 German (it's available on this site as well for download), and of course there's PoP 2 v1.1. Other language versions besides German may also have had v1.1 releases, but like I said, never seen one for English. If you're sure, can you ZIP/RAR it and upload it somewhere (RapidShare, MediaFire, MegaUpload, anywhere at all) and post a link? Thanks! :)
duke
Efendi
Efendi

Post by duke »

Hmm.. well I can't say for sure since I don't know and I can't find the German version you're mentioning. If the language of the game is supposed to be in something other than English, I probably have the English version. But if you're referring to a localization, I certainly wouldn't know.

I think it'd be easier to just give you a link to the copy I found and have you figure it out:
http://www.divisionclan.com/duke/Prince of Persia v1.1 (1989,90)(Jordan Mechner)(The Hit Squad)(SIR PRINCE)[vid chetmv][snd p2-a1-s1-s2-c1-g5-i-p6-r1-t2-p3].zip