Level Exit behaviour

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Level Exit behaviour

Post by kj-5349 »

The level exit can be accessed despite being not opened, like as if you teleported through the door.
This happens in Level 12b, when Jaffar is defeated but no trigger has been set for the exit door, but you can still exit the level.
I also recently found this somehow happens in Level 6 after encountering the shadow and you can exit to level 7 despite of a closed door.
Of course this is referring to the DOS version.

This is instead SDLPoP related:-
This bug has been disabled.
The weird thing is that a few mods actually used this situation for the DOS version, but when playing in SDLPoP you're now stuck! :lol:
Of course you would just need to work around and edit the level, adding a trigger for either event 0 or just an open switch for the exit door.

My curiousity is what is the explanation to this exit door behaviour.
Also for SDLPoP, is there a feature for toggling this in the INI file?
Aram
Calif
Calif

Re: Level Exit behaviour

Post by Aram »

kj-5349 wrote: June 4th, 2018, 9:34 am The level exit can be accessed despite being not opened, like as if you teleported through the door.
This happens in Level 12b, when Jaffar is defeated but no trigger has been set for the exit door, but you can still exit the level.
I also recently found this somehow happens in Level 6 after encountering the shadow and you can exit to level 7 despite of a closed door.

This is instead SDLPoP related:-
This bug has been disabled.
The weird thing is that a few mods actually used this situation for the DOS version, but when playing in SDLPoP you're now stuck! :lol:
Of course you would just need to work around and edit the level, adding a trigger for either event 0 or just an open switch for the exit door.

My curiousity is what is the explanation to this exit door behaviour.
Also for SDLPoP, is there a feature for toggling this in the INI file?
I do not use this method on my mods
If I don't answer, contact me at this address.
My e-mail: aram.sev055@gmail.com
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Level Exit door behaviour

Post by kj-5349 »

kj-5349 wrote: June 4th, 2018, 9:34 am The level exit can be accessed despite being not opened, like as if you teleported through the door.
Perhaps to be more specific - below are a few instances

At 2:31 you can exit the level with the closed door

At 12:20 the closed exit door can be accessed

In Tournament mod (0000006) - without pressing the exit door trigger, the level can be exited through the closed door after encountering the shadow in the starting room.

But the same thing cannot be done in SDLPOP
I have by the way redirected my SDLPoP question to here viewtopic.php?f=126&t=4229