NFT Play-to-Earn Based on Prince of Persia 1989

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Ractex
Efendi
Efendi

NFT Play-to-Earn Based on Prince of Persia 1989

Post by Ractex »

---Warning: long ass read / You still should read ---

A long time ago, when I was very young - 8 years old maybe - I played a game named Prince of Persia that my father just showed me. It was an old game, but the graphics somehow looked incredible satisfying to watch. That was when I found out I was indeed attracted to Pixel Art. I finished the game back then, and it was a funny journey. I'm very glad about this moments I had in my childhood.

I never really forgot this game, and I always thought about how big 2D flash games and pixel games could have been if devs kept working towards its development and content. It is clearly not easy, and we are all aware of how technology developed through the years.

It was implied that more realistic and sophisticated games would replace the old ones who didn't require that much of a powerful device with top level processing capacities.

It was the end of MS-DOS games. And later, the end of Flash games.

After a long period of time, and so many years playing video games, I came across a strange path that got me very curious about it. It was blockchain and Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs) technology.

I quickly started to investigate and analyse what it was, and how projects are usually created. Why people buy them (NFTs), why people sell them, why people care about them, and so on. Basicaly, I started to understand how the NFT world works - including all the scams that also exist in the space, from false promises to unfinished work.

I was introduced to the new Era of espectulation - Digital assets.

I also made a couple of dollars "flipping" some "JPGs" for profit, it was a funny journey.

But then I thought: Why not create an NFT collection about something I believe, and give it an utility - a real one - where people can have fun from it and profit according to skill?

That's when I thought about "Platformers" / "Kings Fight" - The first two names who came up in my mind.

"Platformers" would be a Play-To-Earn game based on Prince of Persia 1989 computer game.

People would buy their characters and they would be able to use them in "Platformers" game.

Players could wager cryptocurrencies - further details explained later - and compete against other players, in levels full of
platforms and/or PvP.

The game would be based in a story - further details explained later - where certain events would happen in the game accordingly.

This entire idea lead me towards this forum. I sent an e-mail to register myself back in March 2022.

From March until now - September 2022 - I've been learning how to create a an NFT collection. I've been watching how engagement works, I've been checking what other projects do, how the marketing proceeds, and so on.

That is why I can comfortably say: This is possible.

In case you are asking: I'm graduated in audiovisual and multimedia, I've been related to more things than the name "audiovisual and multimedia" can express - that includes script writing for example.

You may ask: What is my purpose with this post?

Well, if anyone is interested in this idea, in fighting for this Play-to-Earn, I would love to build a team around the members of this community. The revenue will be distributed for everyone who helps. We are talking about a potential 100k-200k dollars revenue if we sell out "our" NFT collection - which pretty much means we succeeded in our plans.

You may also ask: But what do you need from us? / which skills are needed? / Which skills you already have in your team?

1st- Well, I don't need anyone to create an NFT collection. The current members of this project - me and a friend of mine, who is a software engineer - already created NFTs before as a test. We also tested a mint engine created by him in Bash Linux - Which is pretty much some coding needed to sell your NFT collection and make sure everything works okay. We can explain later how mint engine works and how we did ours without using smart contracts.

2nd - I need any skill you guys have. Of course, that coding and knowledge about how this game is coded is much more important. Knowledge about how this game can be changed, what in this game can be changed, does this game exist in several coding languages? - Because I've seen a "flash game version" post out there.

So yea, designers will clearly be the less needed now, but I would accept any of them. Any skill and knowledge about the game, would be perfect. There is a spot for everyone who wants to help and is passionate about the game and this idea.

Below, you can see some of the customized characters ( That would be part of our NFT collection ) that I've made back in March - April.

This is a long ass read, so I'm sorry for that. But it is not even 50% of what is currently in my mind.

This NFT collection will never be launched without the purpose of a Play-to-Earn game. That is why I'm not interested in
launching the NFT collection by myself, because I won't be able to build the game.

I'm not trying to hire anyone, I'm looking for people who want to make part of a project and profit from it AFTER the revenue, while having fun - and at the very end, if there is anyone with me, I hope we all learn something new - I'm sure we will.

I also hope you understand that a project like this takes time. I have further ideas about the development of the project and its management, but for now, this is everything.

PS: The attached files are transparent. White color might not be visible if you open the PNG file in a software with white background.

I wait for replies!

Thank you so much everyone,

- Ractex.
Attachments
some axe guy
some axe guy
nice diamond trident
nice diamond trident
Robin Hood ?
Robin Hood ?
kings098.png
Night's King :OO (Game Of Thrones)
Night's King :OO (Game Of Thrones)
afro hair with tattoos
afro hair with tattoos
Power ranger - I've more examples like this with different colors
Power ranger - I've more examples like this with different colors
The Saubers
The Saubers
Secret Agent or something
Secret Agent or something
A great looking alien
A great looking alien
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Re: NFT Play-to-Earn Based on Prince of Persia 1989

Post by yourantumayel69 »

Very good.
Now, go ahead to make KID.DAT file.
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
Ractex
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Ractex »

yourantumayel69 wrote: September 21st, 2022, 7:29 am Very good.
Now, go ahead to make KID.DAT file.

So we have fans out there who made custom levels, including interfaces to mess w/ that, and I gotta have a guy callin' me kid when I say it is possible to integrate it as a blockchain game.

I look for supporters tho, if there are any, thanks anyway.
Ractex
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Ractex »

Come on, can't make this shit up right? xD

After some time investigating several stuff, I found out KID.DAT is the file for animations?

Come on, I'm not the coder here, how can I not take that as an offense? xd

I have a coder on my side, he won't be into the project till further developments tho - the guy who made the Bash Linux Script I talked about - he is a junior software developer

In case that was what you meant, I have to say: THANK YOU! I'll surely develop further stuff, including animations and so on.

I'm still waiting for more replies and people, if they are interested :)

(Damn, I was feeling bad with your comment, 'cause I was like "dude, back in March the e-mail that came back to me after I spoke about this NFT idea looked so receptive, why would the community go so hard on this idea?? - 100% a bad interpretation from me I hope! Massive respect for you all - Im so sorry man. Thanks!)
Ractex
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Ractex »

Any further tips in how I can make the KID.DAT file, or where I can at least get information about it? Surely I can learn what's happening there and make some changes :D
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Hi,
Ractex wrote: September 21st, 2022, 3:39 am 2nd - I need any skill you guys have. Of course, that coding and knowledge about how this game is coded is much more important. Knowledge about how this game can be changed, what in this game can be changed, does this game exist in several coding languages? - Because I've seen a "flash game version" post out there.
You can look around in the menus at https://www.popot.org/ , it has tools to edit the game (levels, graphics, etc.) and documentation as well.

You can also look around on https://popuw.com/ .

PoP has many versions on various consoles and computers.
They are listed here:
https://popuw.com/index1.html (scroll to the bottom)
https://www.popot.org/get_the_games.php

There are also remakes of PoP, which have their images in standard formats (e.g. PNG): https://www.popot.org/get_the_games.php#Remakes

The Flash version of PoP is here: https://www.popot.org/get_the_games.php?game=SE
Here is a version which works without Flash Player: https://archive.org/details/1100_prince_of_persia
Ractex
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Ractex »

Thanks for the links! Looking great.

I may actually make it all from scratch, including animations. Game Maker Studios may allow me to do something out of this idea, still checking.

I will surely look into your links. I still believe that game maker is a better option 'cause I can just create animations myself, and I don't get stucked to the PoP engine + old tech maybe? That is what I'm thinking at least. Also Game Maker Studio has an engine ready for online multiplayer.

It needs to be a multiplayer game. I've seen a post months ago related to that (multiplayer in PoP). Looked like some people were trying that out but it was getting tough, not sure if that ever got concluded or solved.

It will take a while, but I'm feeling like this option gives me a better shot.

I can already project some future problems related to animations and specific Princes ( Because if we are talking about NFTs, it means they are all unique. I need to find a way to apply a general animation (like jumping, walking, sliding maybe) to all the Princes. I will surely find a way later, doesn't really matter a lot now.

This project is a long project, I just hope I can keep giving informations from time to time here to get some help maybe, that includes information like the one you just shared.

I still didn't check any link, but I have something that would be nice to have if anyone can helps:

Do you guys have the frames and/or the complete animations already used in PoP? Surely I can use them to guide myself and make the animations quicker

Thanks a lot once more!

- Ractex
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Ractex wrote: September 25th, 2022, 9:19 am Do you guys have the frames and/or the complete animations already used in PoP? Surely I can use them to guide myself and make the animations quicker
You can extract images from PoP DAT files using PR. (Help on using PR)

Here are the contents of all DAT files extracted:
Prince of Persia DOS graphics.zip
(752.03 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Or you can download SDLPoP which has all images in its data/ directory (but with less helpful names).