Custom Graphics

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Re: Custom Graphics

Post by Sting »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:41 pm Sting, I need you to check if you are missing any file of any folder, because I exported a wda vpalace file and I got 238 exported files but I got no mistake
This is not the first time I actually see this but it looks like a color problem if you see the screenshot I just made because the error says it is a monochrome format problem but all I did actually is exporting the file he gave me
this problem happened to me in a lot of other vpalace.dat files appearing in popot.org
Check out my first ever mod and rate it it is Journey in Mystery I hope I will improve next time, thank you :D :) :D
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Sting wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:50 pm
Emiliano Fierro wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:41 pm Sting, I need you to check if you are missing any file of any folder, because I exported a wda vpalace file and I got 238 exported files but I got no mistake
This is not the first time I actually see this but it looks like a color problem if you see the screenshot I just made because the error says it is a monochrome format problem but all I did actually is exporting the file he gave me
this problem happened to me in a lot of other vpalace.dat files appearing in popot.org
I'm sorry, but this is outside my possibilities, I would like to help but I don't know what to do, just make sure to have two xml files and use the latest version of PR
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

Here is an other shot that shows patterns
Capture.PNG
Check out my first ever mod and rate it it is Journey in Mystery I hope I will improve next time, thank you :D :) :D
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Sting wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:24 pm
yourantumayel69 wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:20 am
I give you VPALACE.DAT. I warn you, it's use WDA Palace Environment.
vpalace.dat
Do you know what is this problem here please? Capture.PNG
It's a WDA-type VPALACE.DAT.
So if you want to export it with PR, you need to edit resources.xml as explained here: viewtopic.php?p=26335#p26335
Here is the relevant part of that post:
David wrote: September 28th, 2019, 4:51 pm * In PR's resources.xml, copy the walls section from the vdungeon section to the vpalace section.
(Make sure you have a copy of the original resources.xml. Or alternatively, you could save the changed file with a new name, and use it with the --resource= option of PR.)
Emiliano Fierro, is this what you meant by "have two xml files"?

Yourantumayel69, where is this VPALACE.DAT from? Did you not make it?
Update: I see you used this DAT by Emiliano Fierro: viewtopic.php?p=28614#p28614
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

I still don't get what are you doing exactly, my dat file has worked properly with my PC, :| follow the steps given by David
And, David, yes I was talking about it when I mentioned having two xml files
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:48 pm I still don't get what are you doing exactly, my dat file has worked properly with my PC, :| follow the steps given by David
I think that this is the mistake the second xml file which I never made but I did not understand I keep the original xml file and I make a new one from the original in the same folder of pr.exe then I import or export using an other command is that it?
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Sting wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:55 pm
Emiliano Fierro wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:48 pm I still don't get what are you doing exactly, my dat file has worked properly with my PC, :| follow the steps given by David
I think that this is the mistake the second xml file which I never made but I did not understand I keep the original xml file and I make a new one from the original in the same folder of pr.exe then I import or export using an other command is that it?
I think so ;)
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

Red dungeon and red palace from Indonesian Sweet Dreams (red and white face stacks in VPALACE.DAT)

prince_001.png
prince_001.png (2.75 KiB) Viewed 5003 times
prince_001 (2).png
prince_001 (2).png (3.61 KiB) Viewed 5003 times
Attachments
VPALACE.DAT
(20.96 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
VDUNGEON.DAT
(13.72 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

VPALACE.DAT from Indonesian Masterpiece
prince_000.png
prince_000.png (3.56 KiB) Viewed 5003 times
(For Ahmed/Sting, I give you brown VPALACE.DAT with red and white face stacks)
Attachments
VPALACE.DAT
(20.96 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Nice graphics! Only if wouldn't strain my eyes. When will you finish your mod, yourantumayel69?
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: June 1st, 2020, 6:32 pm When will you finish your mod, yourantumayel69?
I will finish my mod if I get time
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Do you know how to convert .PNG to .BMP?
Attachments
Vizier Graphic
Vizier Graphic
20200603_215209.jpg (10.17 KiB) Viewed 4971 times
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

yourantumayel69 wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 4:50 pm Do you know how to convert .PNG to .BMP?
Whichever photo editor you used, export it as BMP. Or you can use any online resource as well :)

P.S: Nice graphic... But maybe try some cruel image. This just looks like a simple boy. It doesn't fit for Jaffar...
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

yourantumayel69 wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 4:50 pm Do you know how to convert .PNG to .BMP?
I am used to do it with Paint if you are using windows it exports them to bmp with high quality without color problems you also can uses GIMP it exports
them perfectly as well
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Adventures in Hopeless Sites Package
The graphics are supposed to be human vs alien life, you can also find modified audio, the midisnd files sound like the original except for the instruments which were altered
*The mountains background is real and it corresponds to El Estado de México, visible from my house and the best moment to look is the sunrise and the sunset, if you look to the original image, you will see that the moon was added manually :)
Attachments
IMG_20200525_203652.jpg
prince_046.png
prince_046.png (3.28 KiB) Viewed 4931 times
prince_045.png
prince_045.png (3.15 KiB) Viewed 4931 times
prince_044.png
prince_044.png (2.22 KiB) Viewed 4931 times
Adventures in Hopeless Sites Package.zip
(176.72 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Last edited by Emiliano on June 8th, 2020, 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.