Why you prefer edit Pop PC ?

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
stiven202
Efendi
Efendi

Why you prefer edit Pop PC ?

Post by stiven202 »

Why the people of this forum who prefer to edit Prince of Persia PC that Prince of Persia Snes??, knowing that Snes editor is easier to handle. I dont understand.

In addition, the Prince of Persia SNES has better graphics and more levels. Someone tell me why???

Compare...

mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Why you prefer edit Pop PC ?

Post by mk1995 »

I don't know where you got the idea of the SNES level editor being easier to use. No offense intended here, David, but in comparison to RoomShaker it's just harder to use. At least in my opinion.

And besides, nowadays we're editing much more on PoP than just the levels. There's also the graphics, the music, as well as the executable itself open to us. Not quite as much luck with the SNES editor...

If it's easier for you to edit SNES levels, then just go ahead and do that. But please do not try to convert us all over to it.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Yeah it's obviously harder to use than Roomshaker, it only has the most basic functions, nothing to help make it easier. To be honest, I can't imagine how some people have composed a full mod with it.
stiven202
Efendi
Efendi

Post by stiven202 »

At least for me it is very easy to use editor SNES. Besides the Snes POP music has very good, however it only has POP PC and sound effects, no music on the fights or the levels.

Moreover, Snes editor allows up more than 8 types of tiles level. POP PC Editor allows only 2 tiles: Dungeon and Palace.

In all aspects Snes editor exceeds that POP PC. In music, effects, graphics, tiles, the number of levels, enemies, more fluid form of fights, and more.

It is my opinion, I continue to use the editor snes, I am currently developing POP levels for the SNES
stiven202
Efendi
Efendi

Post by stiven202 »

Compare the editors. Snes editor is much more visual. You can see in the same editor as you will see the level. Instead, in the PC editor can see only a simple grid.

It is absurd to say that RoomShaker is easier to handle than the Snes editor. You only have to look at the picture to realize that it is much better Snes editor.
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Me too. And the Snes editor has no grid at all, which I consider a bad thing. But really, it has no features to make designing rooms even a bit quicker. For every tile of a room, you have to choose the tile from the dropdown box. No "place last placed tile", no placing multiple of that tile at once. In one word, tedious.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Will you shut up already! If you consider the SNES editor to be easier to use and the SNES version to be superior, good for you. Just keep it to yourself - we're not stopping you from anything here. But you'll quickly make yourself unwelcome if you keep acting like that.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...