Problem - can't open level

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Problem - can't open level

Post by Dark77 »

I have a problem: i open roomshaker, load level 2. when i click "save and play" or "save and play using dosbox" button, i see the following:
When i open level 1 and use shift+L, there is no problem; i see level 2. The same in case of opening by the prince.exe file.
What can i do to repair this? Why i see this, instead of the level 2? Please help me, thanks.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Problem - can't open level

Post by Andrew »

That should be obvious - it is the copy protection level. If you use the original PoP1 EXEs from my collection, that level will show up in normal play on completing level 1 by playing through or pressing Shift+L, and on using the command-line cheats to jump directly to level 2.

I don't know which patched EXE you're using, but RS should be able to access the real level 2 instead of the copy protection level, even while using the original EXE. Hopefully someone better acquainted with RS will tell you how to accomplish this.
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

To make mod, i downloaded the pop1 from this: www.princeofpersia.ppa.pl
(this is an unofficial polish page about pop, which the Autor_Serwisu is the author - i guess so).
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

If you don't want to put up with the copy protection level, just edit it in some way. Like just making it two rooms, or giving all the potions a modifier that's not 5 (=poison).
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

Do you mean edit rooms of level 2 or potions level? If level 2 - editing rooms and objects doesn't change anything. Even if i'd make clear and remove all of the rooms of the level 2, it always displays the same.
Something interesting - in roomshaker setup i set pop executable as e:\prince2\cheat.bat. then, when i click 'save and play using dosbox', dosbox opens pop on the level 1 (of course after the intro) - then i use shift+L and see level 2. but when i set pop executable as e:\prince2\prince.exe (and click 'save and play using dosbox'), opens pop on the potion level with this problem.
In case of different levels, it works well.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Of course you have to edit the potions level! That's Level 15 - it shouldn't be hard to overlook.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

It seems that this version is not cracked correctly.
Dark77 wrote:To make mod, i downloaded the pop1 from this: http://www.princeofpersia.ppa.pl
(this is an unofficial polish page about pop, which the Autor_Serwisu is the author - i guess so).
I've downloaded 1.0, 1.3 and 1.4 from that site, and only 1.3 and 1.4 do this, 1.0 works fine.
So, you should use 1.0.
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

lol i do