princed.org (phpBB forum + webpages)

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: princed.org (phpBB forum + webpages)

Post by Norbert »

I'm pretty sure this is because "the improved algo in php 7.3+ to hash passwords is not available in php7.2".
Because "Have you been changing PHP versions up and then back down?"
Both quotes from here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p15539201
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Norbert wrote: January 11th, 2021, 3:45 pm I'm pretty sure this is because "the improved algo in php 7.3+ to hash passwords is not available in php7.2".
Because "Have you been changing PHP versions up and then back down?"
Both quotes from here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p15539201
I guess that explains it.
So, the most logical would be to use PHP 7.3 for now, to circumvent both problems. (Just switched to that version, hopefully it doesn't cause any more issues.)
Norbert wrote: January 11th, 2021, 12:49 am When I then tried (re)setting the password to my old password, it didn't accept it because it lacked certain required character types.
I think the password rules have been stricter for quite some time now. I am not sure when the setting changed (maybe it happened at some phpBB upgrade?)
I temporarily made the password rules more lenient so that people can re-use old passwords if they run into this issue.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

The proper solution is to use PHP 7.4.x, and fix the upload issue.

May I suggest you:
- Download the latest phpBB.
- Locally, unpack that latest phpBB, and REMOVE config.php from it.
- Online, delete all files EXCEPT for: config.php, images/, files/, store/, and ext/.
- Upload all the local files (including .htaccess) to the online location.
- Browse to...

Code: Select all

https://forum.princed.org/install/app.php/update
...and Update the thing (probably only the database needs updating - or even nothing).
- Online, delete the install/ directory.

If you're unable to do this (e.g. due to lack of free time), you can PM me all the credentials, and I'll take care of it.
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

There's no need, that is the method I used to upgrade phpBB to the latest version (3.3.2).
(Actually, there is an extra step too, which is to reapply other changes specific to this forum, such as the logo and favicon images.)

Because the issue occurs on the latest version, I assume it must either be an unfixed bug in phpBB, or a PHP configuration issue (regarding the second possibility, I was thinking maybe it could be fixed by disabling allow_url_include in php.ini. But I don't think I have access to that.)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

prince777 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm
Falcury wrote: January 12th, 2021, 7:55 am ...
Hi Falcury, friend, how can I remove my profile from the forum??? :(
It's a shame you've decided to leave, but it's up to you of course.

By profile, do you mean your username?
It would be useful if your posts could remain on the forum, so future visitors can learn from the things you wrote or asked, and repsonses you've gotten.
Would it be okay if your username and password are changed to random characters, and a signature is added at the bottom of all your posts that says "This user has left the forum." ?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

prince777 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm
Falcury wrote: January 12th, 2021, 7:55 am ...
Hi Falcury, friend, how can I remove my profile from the forum??? :(
I don't know why you want to remove your profile from the forum, but you could just turn off the email notifications, and add a signature saying you have left, delete your bookmarks (if any), and it's as good as deleting an account, except the messages will stay on the forum, so as Norbert pointed out, it would be good for future visitors.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

prince777 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm Hi Falcury, friend, how can I remove my profile from the forum??? :(
I am also sorry you decided to leave. We can delete your profile if you really want, but as Norbert and atrueprincefanfrom18 also asked and suggested, is it OK with you if your posts stay visible on the forum for future visitors?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

prince777 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:01 pmplease delete my profile completely :|
Do you also want your mods Red Prince and Save the princess in 8 minutes deleted from PoPOT?
And your PoPOT account as well?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

prince777 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 5:00 pm
Norbert wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:11 pm
prince777 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:01 pmplease delete my profile completely :|
Do you also want your mods Red Prince and Save the princess in 8 minutes deleted from PoPOT?
And your PoPOT account as well?
as you wish. I don't care
If you don't want to vote, I can definitely give my opinion. Better those mods be on PoPOT. Other players might love to play it.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:00 pmBetter those mods be on PoPOT. Other players might love to play it.
Yes, since he doesn't care, I'll keep them on the site.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Hey guys! :)

I'm happy to announce that after some work, we (the admins), were able to find a good theme and change the forum design to it. From now-onwards, this will be the site's default design.

The previous design is still available for rollback in case you didn't like this design. You can change it from the UCP.

How do you feel about this design? :)

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 26th, 2021, 12:27 pmHow do you feel about this design? :)
Looks good.
(Although, not gonna lie, I had to get used to it at first. After seeing the previous default/theme for so many years, I had gotten used to it.)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: January 27th, 2021, 2:53 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 26th, 2021, 12:27 pmHow do you feel about this design? :)
Looks good.
(Although, not gonna lie, I had to get used to it at first. After seeing the previous default/theme for so many years, I had gotten used to it.)
I know, even I still like the old theme, but it had got very old, I thought it might be good to give it a shot. But I have got used to the new theme as well in the past few days so it's fine for me.

If there's no change doesn't it feel a bit boring?

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

PHP appears to be back at 7.4.x, which means attachments are broken again.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 26th, 2021, 12:27 pm The previous design is still available for rollback in case you didn't like this design. You can change it from the UCP.
Sorry, where can I find it within the UCP?
I looked through all tabs and subtabs within the UCP, but I haven't found this option.

I wanted to make a screenshot comparison about what the Manage notifications page looks like with the old and the new theme, as I think the read and the unread items don't look different enough with the new theme.