popot.org

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: popot.org

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 10:04 pmAs planned earlier, I'll now further improve the website's source code, and then publish it as popot.org 3.0.
Now available as popot.org-3.0.tar.gz.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Norbert wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 11:03 pm
Norbert wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 10:04 pmAs planned earlier, I'll now further improve the website's source code, and then publish it as popot.org 3.0.
Now available as popot.org-3.0.tar.gz.
Great job! :)

And you finally finished 5000+ posts. There should be some change in the ranks. You are still "The Prince Of Persia"?
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:43 pmAnd you finally finished 5000+ posts.
Yeah, pretty crazy. :P
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:43 pmYou are still "The Prince Of Persia"?
That's fine. Everyone who has that rank (1000+ posts) simply 'posted lots of stuff'. :)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Is it possible for PoPOT to create a short mod link similar to short trick link?

As popot.org/trick/[trick_number] redirects to the trick video, you could also create popot.org/mod/[mod_number]. Might be good to post on social media instead of long URLs. Just a suggestion.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:36 pmIs it possible for PoPOT to create a short mod link similar to short trick link?
Sure; implemented.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: January 7th, 2021, 3:08 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:36 pmIs it possible for PoPOT to create a short mod link similar to short trick link?
Sure; implemented.
The page remains empty. For example: this or this doesn't work.
Norbert wrote: January 4th, 2021, 5:52 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:43 pmYou are still "The Prince Of Persia"?
That's fine. Everyone who has that rank (1000+ posts) simply 'posted lots of stuff'. :)
I just found this the other day when I was seeing options in the Administrator Panel. It does have an option to add another rank. But there are just few of them who have reached the target, so it's not worth adding.

And yes, the mod functionality does work really well, I just added Pandemic in Persia to PoPOT. You could change the button status to loading so the user knows something's going on. I had to check the Network Tab from Developer Tools to be sure. Also you could look into allowing option to bulk drop or at least select the screenshot images. Selecting 9 images is pretty time consuming, although it's just 9, so it's fine. (Poetry? :P)

P.S: The news page doesn't get updated, so you still have to do the task of updating the index page. :D

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:16 pm
Norbert wrote: January 7th, 2021, 3:08 pm
Sure; implemented.
The page remains empty. For example: this or this doesn't work.
That is because...
https://popot.org/mod/6
...and...
https://popot.org/mod/000006
...are both invalid.
The accurate link to PoP: Tournament is:
https://popot.org/mod/0000006
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:16 pmI just added Pandemic in Persia to PoPOT.
One thing you can still do is edit your mod to include "The SDLPoP .EXE." name.
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:16 pmYou could change the button status to loading so the user knows something's going on.
I will implement this.
(I did not expect it to ever load longer than a second or two.)
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:16 pmP.S: The news page doesn't get updated, so you still have to do the task of updating the index page. :D
That's true. But that's comparatively not much work. I've just added a link to your mod.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:16 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:16 pmI just added Pandemic in Persia to PoPOT.
Oh, what does that mean?

Edit: I just noticed, PoPOT has something weird when suggesting random mod. It just showed me Princess of Persia, level 0. I guess if the altered levels are 0 it just shows that? I guess you could just add a condition to check if altered levels are 0, then just show a random number between 1 and 14.

Level 0 means the potion level, or the demo level. And it might be not available or playable ;)

yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 25th, 2021, 6:23 am
Norbert wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:16 pm
Oh, what does that mean?

Edit: I just noticed, PoPOT has something weird when suggesting random mod. It just showed me Princess of Persia, level 0. I guess if the altered levels are 0 it just shows that? I guess you could just add a condition to check if altered levels are 0, then just show a random number between 1 and 14.

Level 0 means the potion level, or the demo level. And it might be not available or playable ;)
Level 0 is demonstration level (not playable).
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote: May 25th, 2016, 6:10 pmAlso, popot.org had its 5 year anniversary on February 5th.
Ten year anniversary today.
Time sure flies.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: February 5th, 2021, 3:28 pm
Norbert wrote: May 25th, 2016, 6:10 pmAlso, popot.org had its 5 year anniversary on February 5th.
Ten year anniversary today.
Time sure flies.
And FB's anniversary was yesterday! :P

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert, you could consider adding a filename as a value to the download attribute in the mod page. Currently it gets downloaded as the following:
[mod_number].zip
and it would be great if it's downloaded as
[mod_name].zip

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert, why the cheat is displaying "megahit" instead of "PRINCE.EXE megahit" here?

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 18th, 2021, 2:33 pm Norbert, why the cheat is displaying "megahit" instead of "PRINCE.EXE" megahit here?
Because of this:
Norbert wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:16 pmOne thing you can still do is edit your mod to include "The SDLPoP .EXE." name.
You can edit the mod, then use Ctrl+f to search for the input field I mentioned.

The missing data is the same reason the mod's page does not highlight an icon under the screenshots, and why it (probably, didn't test) won't play through poplaun.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

I think the mod page should also add an option of is the mod auto-runner (or any custom hacks with key controls) and also a dropdown option in search mod page since a couple of mods on PoPOT are auto-runner (and I've finished creating one too). I think just adding a column with this name in MySQL and showing it on the mod page are easy enough.