Fixed Combat Mod

jira
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Fixed Combat Mod

Post by jira »

For now i post only a video, no download in respect of the forum rules (if some admin gives me confirmation that I can put the download I will do it). Sorry the texture flickering, is the fault of my video capture software.

PoP3D is suffering from a serious bug during the fights, if you manage to hit the opponent while he is still draw weapon you can hit him for free until he dies. Also you can fool enemies by putting yourself in their off limit zone and hit them while they can't get close or parry your shots.

The mod solves these problems, how? I got rid of draw and store weapon animations for enemies and fixed attack ranges. Enemies now have their weapon immediately ready and can kill you with one shot if you don't draw your weapon (like in the first PoP).

The mod is not a content cut, enemies reuse the Prince animations to draw and store weapons, if there is a unique animation then I left it in the game.

Also I have increased their field of vision and made more skilled in combat, now they do more feints, blocks, counter attacks and the game is now quite challenging in hard mode, pushes you to use appropriate strategies and weapons for each enemy. Archers shooting rate is a little bit faster as well. Surprisingly, enemy AI is pretty good during bugs-free fights, you'll have to change your attack direction often otherwise they predict your moves.

Many says: "just play the Dreamcast version", but is a bad porting: bad fights, bad lights, bad animations and deleted music. I have not finished the mod yet, for now I have corrected the game up to level 7, but if you want to try or test it let me know.
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Re: Fixed Combat Mod

Post by Falcury »

jira wrote: February 7th, 2021, 3:46 pmif some admin gives me confirmation that I can put the download I will do it
The forum policy has been updated, allowing mods and patches.
Go ahead :)
jira
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Re: Fixed Combat Mod

Post by jira »

I finished the mod :D :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u6uqzkoh ... 9.zip/file

The game is still not perfect, you can still avoid several fights just by running away (if i find others parameter to change i could correct this too in the future), but now the fights sems less buggy, for example now Rugnor no longer gets stuck on the airship gangway.

Select the game difficulty before pressing "new game", if you change the difficulty from the options during the game the change will have no effect (game work in this way even without mods). Maybe "hard" it could be a bit frustrating now. If the enemies are too close and don't give you time to draw the weapon, hide, so they will get away from you.