Post by Coco »

A detailed walkthrough for the game

http://www.the-spoiler.com/Sinjin/POP3D/pop3walk.htm
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Walkthrough for the entire game

Post by David »

I only played the demo of PoP3D, so it was a pleasant surprise to find this in the walkthrough:
Palace Interior

Those of you who played the Prince of Persia 3D Demo will recognize this level.
That being said, the problem that got me stuck wasn't "Where to go?", but rather "How to grab that rope?".
I might try it again some time, preferably with a quicksave just before that part.
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

If you have the conditions, use Wine rather than playing it on Windows. Or you still use XP? I don't know how well it will perform. This is my favourite pop game. Its sad that they decided to develop it while 3D games were still a problematic ground. But level design and ideas, wow...
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Coco wrote: July 6th, 2018, 10:27 pm If you have the conditions, use Wine rather than playing it on Windows. Or you still use XP? I don't know how well it will perform.
I played it on XP and I don't recall any technical or performance problems.
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

You're lucky. I've played it under win98, Xp, and win 7. Library bug made the game unfinishable, and when I've finally managed to pass that point, I still played it with some weird lag. Still, it is my favourite PoP game... :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Coco wrote: July 16th, 2018, 1:37 am You're lucky. I've played it under win98, Xp, and win 7. Library bug made the game unfinishable, and when I've finally managed to pass that point, I still played it with some weird lag. Still, it is my favourite PoP game... :)
I guess the library (and the bug) is only in the full version, but I only played the demo version.

Where is this library, by the way? The walkthrough mentions bookcases in the Palace Entrance level. Is this the library?
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

Is this the library?
Yeah. There are 3 distinct bookcases there, and each one was bugged (the one with access to a secret passage required for moving on was bugged the most). The game just crashes when you step on them. There is also a place on the same level a little bit earlier, where you had to push a box and activate a seesaw mechanism. This part also had the same bug, but sometimes it crashed the game, while sometimes it didn't. So it was passable, albeit frustrating.