Is there a SDLPoP version of Prince of Persia 2 under development?

Second part of the best game ever made.
Garret
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Is there a SDLPoP version of Prince of Persia 2 under development?

Post by Garret »

I just discovered SDLPoP and I came here to ask if there is a similar project also for PoP 2 started or being developed. I would hope so but doing a google search could not find anything unfortunately :(

If not, what makes it so difficult to make it?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Is there a SDLPoP version of Prince of Persia 2 under development?

Post by Norbert »

Garret wrote: April 13th, 2021, 9:36 pmIf not, what makes it so difficult to make it?
Hi Garret. It's not just the difficulty. It's also that people who have the skills necessary for such a project have generally reached a phase in their lives where their spare time has become much more limited. They may have full time work, either a job or thesis/dissertation, while they may have simultaneously started a family of their own. As a result, their free time may be limited to the weekends, part of which they'll use to recover from the previous work week. They may choose to work on hobby projects, but likely carefully weigh effort-reward trade-offs. PoP2 (for DOS) is nowhere near as popular as PoP1. The same goes for PoP2 modding, with PoPOT listing only eight PoP2 mods created by just five people.