Sega Mega Drive - Prince of Persia 2 Remastered Edition v1.5

Second part of the best game ever made.
Linkuei
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Sega Mega Drive - Prince of Persia 2 Remastered Edition v1.5

Post by Linkuei »

The Ultimate Fix for the Unreleased SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive game Prince of Persia 2 The Shadow and the Flame!

In this mod/hack i get the Build 1995-02-20 of Prince of Persia 2 The Shadow and the Flame Prototype and Improved/Fixed:

*The broken Music Instruments. Changed all the FM instruments!
*Improved all the Color Palettes to look better and more accurate to the original MS-DOS version.
*Reinserted all the MS-DOS Sound Samples to sound in the right frequency.
*Fixed some Graphics to look more accurate and to fix some details.
*LEVEL 9 Horse Bug Fix and Button layout changed (Thanks to Tony Hedstron for this).

--Special thanks--

Tony Hedstron: For the Horse Level bug fix and for the new button layout code.
ComradeOj: For the awesome tutorial about music hacking.
Microids: The guys behind this port. They made a very accurate (Controls, Graphics and logic) job, but unfortunately, was cancelled. I still want to see someday they 1996 final build...
Jordan Mechner: The creator of PoP and the Producer of this Master Piece!

Screenshots:
ImageImageImageImage

Longplay

DOWNLOAD
Garret
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Re: Sega Mega Drive - Prince of Persia 2 Remastered Edition v1.5

Post by Garret »

First of all, I would like to immensely thank the creator of this edition.

When I was a child, I played the original PoP 2 on DOS. However, now I would like to play it on my Retropie setup. I know the game can work on dosbox on Retropie but it is a bit of a pain with the joystick controls (and saving states).

For this reason, I am looking for a version which would be exactly the same of the DOS version but for console (like SNES or Megadrive). And this port seems exactly what I have been looking for.

Can you confirm that playing at this edition would be like when I played at the DOS version when I was a child? Are there some differences in the level structure or enemies? Any bugs?