Mac sprites... assembled together.

Second part of the best game ever made.
realXCV
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Mac sprites... assembled together.

Post by realXCV »

A few months ago, I made a topic with a link to a .zip file containing (almost all) the sprites from the Mac version of Prince of Persia 2.

Today, I'm doing a new topic. Also with a link to a .zip file containing sprites from the Mac version of Prince of Persia 2. However, unlike the first one, this time they are combined into 14 files.

14 level maps. All showing the state of the levels the first time you enter them. Extra rooms are included (if they are linked to the ones you can enter). I also added some colors to them (inspired by the advanced maps for pop1 by Adomatic).

http://realxcv.com/files/maps2.zip

[edit: fixed one of the maps]
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Mac sprites... assembled together.

Post by David »

Nice!
Did you use some custom program to make these?
realXCV
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by realXCV »

Almost everything was done using POP2Screen (my own app). This includes generating all screens and putting them toghether. Remaining was done in Photoshop.

The stones in level 2 is the only place where I used a screenshot. Everyhing else in that screen is from POP2Screen.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Do you have any plans to release the source code of POP2Screen?
What language did you create it in?
realXCV
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by realXCV »

Maybe later but not now. That's true even in binary form. The app currently uses hardcoded paths, an extremely non-intuitive ui (unless you can guess which unlabeled button does what), and it has to be restarted between each exportation. Also I would need to check if there isn't anything in the code that would prevent me from releasing it, which license can be used, etc.

Anyway, it doesn't do a lot beside exporting various things.

The code was written in Delphi.
realXCV
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by realXCV »

Major bugs, memory leaks and hardcoded paths removed, app slightly tweaked. I can now release it with its mess called source code. It also comes with required data files as they need a few adjustments to be used with POP2Screen.

How to use:
- Click on the load button and select the folder where the Data folder is. That will probably be the folder where you extracted everything.
- Enter a level number between 1 and 14 and then click Change Level.
- Ignore the 4 buttons as well as the textbox on the left.

Code is based on a disassembly of the Prince of Persia 2 executable. Variables and functions names were either provided, taken from the POP1 source code/documentation or just guessed.

http://realxcv.com/files/POP2Screen.zip
realXCV
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by realXCV »

New maps!

Almost the same as in the first post but now with doors infos and checkpoint locations.

https://realxcv.com/files/maps2adv.zip