New cheats in joystick mode

Second part of the best game ever made.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

New cheats in joystick mode

Post by David »

I recently found that there are some cheats which are available in joystick mode only.
You don't need a real joystick, just make sure that in dosbox.conf, joysticktype is set to 2axis. You may also need to run SETUP.EXE and set Input Device to Joystick and Keyboard.
You can also map joystick controls to keyboard keys in DosBox's mapper.

Start the game in cheat mode, then press Alt-J for joystick mode. Then you'll be able to use these cheats in addition to the already known ones:
left=1 pixel left
right=1 pixel right
end=5 pixels left
page down=5 pixels right
home=32 pixels left
page up=32 pixels right
1=save kid.x
2=restore kid.x
3=save kid.y
4=restore kid.y
RaymanForever2007
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: New cheats in joystick mode

Post by RaymanForever2007 »

David wrote:I recently found that there are some cheats which are available in joystick mode only.
You don't need a real joystick, just make sure that in dosbox.conf, joysticktype is set to 2axis. You may also need to run SETUP.EXE and set Input Device to Joystick and Keyboard.
You can also map joystick controls to keyboard keys in DosBox's mapper.
Start the game in cheat mode, then press Alt-J for joystick mode.
Wow, it's very funny looking Prince just move left and right with straight standing.

BTW I could not understand about "Joystick mapping" fully.
As there is Alt-J option in POP2 The Shadow & The Flame to switch its control to joystick with it in case that joystick control is effective in SETUP.EXE, so why DosBox.conf file needs [joystick] joysticktype=2axis line ?

And why dosxbox mapper setting ? I feel that the function DosBox Mapper is like Xpadder converting keyboard signal as joystick button and most of joystick control is already set in the game when Alt+J used ? Alt+J usage makes Dosbox Mapper setting disabled ?
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

RaymanForever2007 wrote:so why DosBox.conf file needs [joystick] joysticktype=2axis line ?
Because the default setting, "auto", will disable joystick emulation, because I don't have one.
RaymanForever2007 wrote: And why dosxbox mapper setting ?
Because if I want to control the kid in joystick mode, I need to map something to the emulated joystick.
Again, I don't have a real joystick.
RaymanForever2007 wrote: I feel that the function DosBox Mapper is like Xpadder converting keyboard signal as joystick button
Exactly.
RaymanForever2007 wrote: and most of joystick control is already set in the game when Alt+J used ?
Alt+J tells the game to use the (emulated) joystick.
But it's up to Dosbox (and its mapper) to choose how to convert real user input (keyboard or joystick) to emulated joystick input.
RaymanForever2007 wrote: Alt+J usage makes Dosbox Mapper setting disabled ?
No. Dosbox Mapper setting is needed exactly because I want to be able to control the prince.
RaymanForever2007
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by RaymanForever2007 »

Thank you David.
As I have a REAL JOYSTICK, so I got some questions about your report.
Now I got you. Anyway I enjoyed your cheats making Prince warped to the sky with 4=restore kid.y, that's very funny !