A level skip glitch/cheat in PoP for PC Engine

Discuss other PoP1 related things here.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

A level skip glitch/cheat in PoP for PC Engine

Post by David »

NITM-T wrote: August 12th, 2018, 5:07 am By the way, that glitch for PoP PC Engine version to skip the Level Doors End, it's so beautiful! :D We can beat the game pretty fast.
Yeah, last year I found a page that mentions this, but I checked it only now that you mentioned it.
Here is that page: https://www.gamefaqs.com/turbocd/563727 ... sia/cheats
In any level, reach the closed exit gate and stand in front of it. Now, hit Select to open the menu, then choose "Game End" and then say "Yes". If done right, the character will enter the closed exit gate as if it were open and you'll reach the next level.
It indeed works, but only with exit doors. You can't enter the level door where you started the level. (That would be too easy!)
Also, it works in both the JP and US versions.
PoP PC Engine glitch.png
PoP PC Engine glitch.png (9.55 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
By the way, I accidentally opened the exit the first time instead of using the glitch. Habits are hard to break...
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Re: SNES cheats

Post by NITM-T »

David wrote: August 12th, 2018, 3:36 pm It indeed works, but only with exit doors. You can't enter the level door where you started the level. (That would be too easy!)
Also, it works in both the JP and US versions.
Heh, like that, we could beat the game in seconds. Oh, that is cool! Everyone can enjoy, then ^_^.
I knew through TASVideos by Challenger's video. There's a thanks to ReyVGM from GameFAQs.
David wrote: August 12th, 2018, 3:36 pm By the way, I accidentally opened the exit the first time instead of using the glitch. Habits are hard to break...
That's for sure hahahahah.

I was thinking about a mod of this version. No Level Door End buttons. Everytime, the players have to use that glitch, but will need some obstacles to them do it in the right time before the fade out, I mean, before the game reset. Or then, they have to start again, hehehe.
May the Moon light your path.