speedrun world records

Check here for questions about obtaining the fastest possible times.
Karlgamer
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: speedrun world records

Post by Karlgamer »

And then this happened.

[Edit: embedded YouTube video instead of the link -- ATPFF]
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Karlgamer wrote: February 10th, 2021, 4:35 am And then this happened.

all this is beautiful, I love that,but they all do the same tricks and shortcuts,I remember when I wanted to break the world record,I said to myself, hey I can be faster at the level 06,07,08,09,12,I know how to do it... Juan Pablo Aschieri( master like Karlgamer)He told me that they are looking for new ways to get there faster,Meanwhile, can beat hard mods? :D :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :oops: :ugeek:
I want to see them beat during sleep 3, princess is mine, n other hards or middle mods ..... kisses

[Edit: Fixed quote issue -- ATPFF]
VelCheran
Vizier
Vizier

Post by VelCheran »

We're planning on adding a mod section on speedrun.com, which will be inaugurated by Istaria's custom levelset.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

VelCheran wrote: February 13th, 2021, 12:47 pm We're planning on adding a mod section on speedrun.com, which will be inaugurated by Istaria's custom levelset.
Nice! :)
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
prinsrob2
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by prinsrob2 »

It should be relatively easy to beat the wr by incorporating the lvl 8 trick, no?

And is there a way to find more glitches where you skip parts of levels or is this done by trial and error?
crem
Efendi
Efendi

Post by crem »

prinsrob2 wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:03 am And is there a way to find more glitches where you skip parts of levels or is this done by trial and error?
There's a tool that checks all possible combinations of actions and can find exact implementation of the glitch easily.
What's still hard is coming up with the idea, e.g. "maybe this wall can be glitched through? let's start search here".
prinsrob2
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by prinsrob2 »

crem wrote: March 1st, 2021, 6:16 pm
prinsrob2 wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:03 am And is there a way to find more glitches where you skip parts of levels or is this done by trial and error?
There's a tool that checks all possible combinations of actions and can find exact implementation of the glitch easily.
What's still hard is coming up with the idea, e.g. "maybe this wall can be glitched through? let's start search here".
That makes sense. What is the name of the tool, or is it developed privately just for pop?
crem
Efendi
Efendi

Post by crem »

prinsrob2 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 9:55 am
crem wrote: March 1st, 2021, 6:16 pm
That makes sense. What is the name of the tool, or is it developed privately just for pop?
It's just for pop (actually for SDLPoP), the sources are here: https://bitbucket.org/mooskagh/sdlpop-t ... rc/master/.

Initially I wrote it as a one evening experiment, but now I think it's already 4 weeks that I'm trying to do something with it.
It's pretty hacky and dirty, so if someone wants to run/try it, it's better to find me in discord (https://discord.gg/0Ss0agDWPoiSvr3E, channel #pop1). It may take some time to set it up, especially outside of Linux.

There is already one person in discord (nickname eien86, he's also doing TAS runs and actually the most of the recent strat ideas are his) who could set it up and is doing some improvements, so it looks like it's going to be longer than one evening project..

And currently I'm writing a similar thing for ZX Spectrum games (will start with Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy), so if ZX Spectrum touches nostalgia strings for someone, it is something to follow.
VelCheran
Vizier
Vizier

Post by VelCheran »

prinsrob2 wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:03 amIt should be relatively easy to beat the wr by incorporating the lvl 8 trick, no?
And indeed it was:

I won't say it was easy because the new tricks seem quite hard to pull out, but it didn't take that long to see it in a new world record.