Prince of Persia 1 (PC) - Princed Forum community's HoF

Check here for questions about obtaining the fastest possible times.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Prince of Persia 1 (PC) - Princed Forum community's HoF

Post by mk1995 »

This idea came to my mind even before PoPUW went down. However, I never came to posting it. But now I do!

So here's what I was thinking of:
One person finishes the original Prince of Persia for the PC (preferably Version 1.0) and then passes the PRINCE.HOF file over to another person, who finished it, as well, passes it on, etc. etc. ...

So how does it look in practicum? Well, first I have to find some volunteers who'd like to have an entry in the Hall of Fame. There'll be a deadline for entries. If there are too few, I'll expand the deadline. To sign up for the fun, simply leave a post telling us you'd like to join in and I'll add you. Once we're at the end of the deadline and there are enough volunteers, I'll PM my PRINCE.HOF file to the person who's next in line and announce this in this topic. The person who has the file finishes the game and PMs it to the next person. This goes on until everyone signed into the Hall of Fame. When the last one has made his entry, he'll PM it back to me and I'll post a snapshot of the HoF, so we can all brag about the times... :)

Deadline is at August 5th 2009.

Volunteers:
1. mk1995
2. Veke
3. Eagle-Head Priest 97

I hope this idea will be a success.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Prince of Persia 1 (PC) - Princed Forum community's HoF

Post by Veke »

Dunno if this interests others, but I'm in.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

So in short, were having a fastest time contest?
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
OrSpeeder
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by OrSpeeder »

I think that it is more a... community HoF... Like a online HoF, because if it was only for the sake of contest, HoF can be easily hacked, and speedrun contest people use recorders...

It would be cool a tool to upload entries (not a entire HoF file) and download the entire updated HoF, without the need to exchange HoF files around.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Eagle-Head Priest 97 wrote:So in short, were having a fastest time contest?
OrSpeeder wrote:I think that it is more a... community HoF... Like a online HoF, because if it was only for the sake of contest, HoF can be easily hacked, and speedrun contest people use recorders...

It would be cool a tool to upload entries (not a entire HoF file) and download the entire updated HoF, without the need to exchange HoF files around.
Well, I didn't really intend it to be for contest. It is just for fun. No one is gonna win a prize or something - it's just so we can brag about it. One may complete it as fast as possible, or just take his time. As long as there'll be a Hall of Fame entry from each of the volunteers, I'll be satisfied. :)

And due to that, it's unnecessary to edit the Hall of Fame by other means than beating the game within an hour.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

Ok, I'll just do my best without doing all the speedy techniques and playthrough like I usually do. :mrgreen: Oh yeah, I'm in!
Former Member of popuw.com/forum