Prince of Persia - The Maharaja's Palace

Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Re: Prince of Persia - The Maharaja's Palace

Post by Akruzen »

David wrote: October 31st, 2021, 6:07 pm I found a bug related to quicksaving during feather fall. (I am on level 2.)
The saving fails, but the game says "QUICKSAVE" instead of "NO QUICKSAVE".
Yeah I will update it in the next version. Thanks!
YURA wrote: October 29th, 2021, 2:10 pm Thanks for the video hint, we will try to pass level 11 with our son...
I am waiting for level 11 walkthrough.. is it too difficult for you? ;) I also gave you a hint.
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Akruzen wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 7:26 pm I am waiting for level 11 walkthrough.. is it too difficult for you? ;) I also gave you a hint.
It needs some patience and precise movements to get through :P
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 11 is "steam locomotive", I had to save about 9 times, my son didn't even want to play it, but still level 11 is passed!!!
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 12 - "Invisible Prince"... the original level 12, the prince is not visible, but the level must be passed....
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

YURA wrote: November 5th, 2021, 1:54 amLevel 12 - "Invisible Prince"... the original level 12, the prince is not visible, but the level must be passed....
That's kind of a nice idea, an invisible prince.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Levels 13-14 - final - do not kill Jafar, but only throw him off, otherwise you will get the opposite effect... When Jafar dies, you are automatically saved... originally made level 13 .. calculated to milliseconds... to have time to run through the gate... everyone needs to go through this.... You will understand what every second means to you...

As promised, MOD-265 will be completed by November 7...!!!!
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:26 pm Level 11 is "steam locomotive", I had to save about 9 times, my son didn't even want to play it, but still level 11 is passed!!!
Nice Playthrough!
YURA wrote: November 5th, 2021, 1:54 am Level 12 - "Invisible Prince"... the original level 12, the prince is not visible, but the level must be passed....
You could have drank the second coloured potion on the way of return. This makes you visible again :)
YURA wrote: November 5th, 2021, 7:17 pm Levels 13-14 - final - do not kill Jafar, but only throw him off, otherwise you will get the opposite effect... When Jafar dies, you are automatically saved... originally made level 13 .. calculated to milliseconds... to have time to run through the gate... everyone needs to go through this.... You will understand what every second means to you...

Actually you need to kill Jaffar on the button 3 times. He dies the fourth time so the gate remains open all the time. I did not think this was possible since the gate was too far away. But I guess, I will let that be as it is. (Or should I change it?)
Just remember there is an alternative solution to this level. :)
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Akruzen wrote: November 6th, 2021, 5:07 am
YURA wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:26 pm Level 11 is "steam locomotive", I had to save about 9 times, my son didn't even want to play it, but still level 11 is passed!!!
Nice Playthrough!
YURA wrote: November 5th, 2021, 1:54 am Level 12 - "Invisible Prince"... the original level 12, the prince is not visible, but the level must be passed....
You could have drank the second coloured potion on the way of return. This makes you visible again :)
YURA wrote: November 5th, 2021, 7:17 pm Levels 13-14 - final - do not kill Jafar, but only throw him off, otherwise you will get the opposite effect... When Jafar dies, you are automatically saved... originally made level 13 .. calculated to milliseconds... to have time to run through the gate... everyone needs to go through this.... You will understand what every second means to you...

Actually you need to kill Jaffar on the button 3 times. He dies the fourth time so the gate remains open all the time. I did not think this was possible since the gate was too far away. But I guess, I will let that be as it is. (Or should I change it?)
Just remember there is an alternative solution to this level. :)
Show the video how you can kill Jafar - 3 times on the button???
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

You only have to kill Jaffar on the button the 4th time. The first 3 times just hold shift so prince does not fall off the platform.
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

dmitry_s wrote: November 6th, 2021, 9:17 am You only have to kill Jaffar on the button the 4th time. The first 3 times just hold shift so prince does not fall off the platform.
Exactly my point.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Akruzen wrote: November 6th, 2021, 12:18 pm
dmitry_s wrote: November 6th, 2021, 9:17 am You only have to kill Jaffar on the button the 4th time. The first 3 times just hold shift so prince does not fall off the platform.
Exactly my point.
Show the video...
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Dmitrys could you please upload the video solution if possible? Author giving the solution is like examiner solving the maths problem 😅
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

@YURA. why don't you just follow the steps and play it yourself? It would be more fun for you I guess.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

Akruzen wrote: November 6th, 2021, 3:40 pm Dmitrys could you please upload the video solution if possible? Author giving the solution is like examiner solving the maths problem 😅
Here is the solution. In my opinion, killing Jaffar 3 times would have been enough because it starts feeling robotic doing the same thing so many times. To make things more interesting the 3rd time you could have set the skill where Jaffar does not move forward but attacks (ala level 8 guard) because only the second attempt to kill Jaffar feels different from attempts 1, 3 and 4.

You can also make Jaffar walk on air to avoid the other way of passing the level.
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

dmitry_s wrote: November 6th, 2021, 11:18 pm Here is the solution. In my opinion, killing Jaffar 3 times would have been enough because it starts feeling robotic doing the same thing so many times. To make things more interesting the 3rd time you could have set the skill where Jaffar does not move forward but attacks (ala level 8 guard) because only the second attempt to kill Jaffar feels different from attempts 1, 3 and 4.

You can also make Jaffar walk on air to avoid the other way of passing the level.
Thanks for the solution Dmitrys, but I think I will let the player decide if he wants to be fast and avoid Jaffar fight, or Hit Jaffar 3 times and go peacefully :) Also, I have released a bug fix version which fixes the False quicksave when feather fall is ON. Also, I added the torch shadows created by dmitrys to the game for level 3.

P.S. Sorry for replying late, I was caught up in some work and couldn't check this forum :| .