Prince of Persia - The Maharaja's Palace

YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince of Persia - The Maharaja's Palace

Post by YURA »

Level 7, now you need to collect architectural pictures using a colorless potion to open the gate....
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 8-not only the mouse helps, but also the yellow guard - opens the gate for you, which you will show... original
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 9 - you need to show ingenuity and technique.....And most importantly, watch the prince's fantastic trick when he drinks a colored potion....
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

YURA wrote: October 25th, 2021, 10:31 pm Level 9 - you need to show ingenuity and technique.....And most importantly, watch the prince's fantastic trick when he drinks a colored potion....
Great use of the backwards animation replay.
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: October 25th, 2021, 5:15 pm Level 8-not only the mouse helps, but also the yellow guard - opens the gate for you, which you will show... original
You can control the guard even from top row, so it is not necessary for you to go down and come back up again.
YURA wrote: October 25th, 2021, 10:31 pm Level 9 - you need to show ingenuity and technique.....And most importantly, watch the prince's fantastic trick when he drinks a colored potion....
The prince doesn't do that trick. Drinking the coloured potion turns back time for prince for 5 seconds. So whatever you did previously in those 5 seconds, it gets replayed in reverse. Nice playthroughs :)
dmitry_s wrote: October 26th, 2021, 5:03 am Great use of the backwards animation replay.
Thanks to you for helping me making it possible :)
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 10 - there are 2 ways to finish level 10 (upper and lower). We took the upper path, as this is the shortest path, and the shortest level of the whole game.....
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 11 - it turns out to be very difficult.
The author tell me a hint or an algorithm for the movement of this "train"...
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

YURA wrote: October 28th, 2021, 5:18 pm Level 11 - it turns out to be very difficult.
I could not pass it either. The part where it speeds up makes it impossible unless you know the exact movements.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

dmitry_s wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:59 pm
YURA wrote: October 28th, 2021, 5:18 pm Level 11 - it turns out to be very difficult.
I could not pass it either. The part where it speeds up makes it impossible unless you know the exact movements.
We are waiting for comments from the Author
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

I think you can use quick save initially to see the level from start to end. Then if you want, pass the level without quicksave. As far as the level goes, I agree it is a bit difficult :)
At exactly which part are you stuck?
I am assuming you can't make the long jump from top row to middle row which is after spikes, here is the solution:
Make a short jump (as soon as the tile appears) before the spikes and land on the tile to the right of the spike tile in such a way, that you won't need to adjust distance to climb up to the top row. Then make a long jump and grab the ledge after that. After that, the level speeds up and you need to run continuously. So if you stop anywhere, you will mostly die. However at the same time make sure you don't get too ahead and fall off the edge.

Try the above solution. I am avoiding to post a video as it will spoil the fun. You can pass it @YURA and @dmitry_s it is not very difficult once you get the trick :)
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Akruzen wrote: October 28th, 2021, 8:43 pm
I think you can use quick save initially to see the level from start to end. Then if you want, pass the level without quicksave. As far as the level goes, I agree it is a bit difficult :)
I am assuming you can't make the long jump from top row to middle row which is after spikes, here is the solution:
Make a short jump (as soon as the tile appears) before the spikes and land on the tile to the right of the spike tile in such a way, that you won't need to adjust distance to climb up to the top row. Then make a long jump and grab the ledge after that. After that, the level speeds up and you need to run continuously. So if you stop anywhere, you will mostly die. However at the same time make sure you don't get too ahead and fall off the edge.

Try the above solution. I am avoiding to post a video as it will spoil the fun. You can pass it @YURA and @dmitry_s it is not very difficult once you get the trick :)
The author show the video - at least 10 - 15 seconds, because it is also very difficult to run further....
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

I was actually able to pass that level with a LOT of quicksaves/quickloads. For some reason running back was a lot easier.

The next level with the multi-color potion looks really difficult too. I won't spoil it.
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: October 29th, 2021, 3:50 am

The author show the video - at least 10 - 15 seconds, because it is also very difficult to run further....
Demo Playthrough:
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Akruzen wrote: October 29th, 2021, 6:58 am
YURA wrote: October 29th, 2021, 3:50 am

Demo Playthrough:
Thanks for the video hint, we will try to pass level 11 with our son...
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

I found a bug related to quicksaving during feather fall. (I am on level 2.)
The saving fails, but the game says "QUICKSAVE" instead of "NO QUICKSAVE".
Spoiler: show
The problem is here, in seg000.c:

Code: Select all

if ((!is_feather_fall && quick_save()) || ((current_level != 9) && curr_room != 11)) {
			display_text_bottom("QUICKSAVE");
		} else {
			display_text_bottom("NO QUICKSAVE");
		}
If is_feather_fall is true then quick_save() is skipped, but the condition is true because of its second half.

The condition should be like this:

if (!is_feather_fall && !(current_level == 9 && curr_room == 11) && quick_save()) {
Or even better, separate the various conditions, like this:

if (current_level == 9 && curr_room == 11) {
			display_text_bottom("NO QUICKSAVE here");
		} else if (is_feather_fall) {
			display_text_bottom("NO QUICKSAVE now");
		} else if (quick_save()) {
			display_text_bottom("QUICKSAVE");
		} else {
			display_text_bottom("QUICKSAVE FAILED");
		}