Prince of Persia - The Maharaja's Palace

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince of Persia - The Maharaja's Palace

Post by Norbert »

Akruzen wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:59 am
YURA wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:02 am Yes, it really doesn't play in the standard application, but I want to play in windowed mode, not full screen - please remind me how to run the file in windowed mode...
Open SDLPoP.ini in the main folder and set the the value to false like below:

Code: Select all

start_fullscreen = false
Save the file and then run the game.
Or, press: Alt+Enter
And resize the window with your mouse.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Akruzen wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:59 am
YURA wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:02 am Yes, it really doesn't play in the standard application, but I want to play in windowed mode, not full screen - please remind me how to run the file in windowed mode...
Open SDLPoP.ini in the main folder and set the the value to false like below:

Code: Select all

start_fullscreen = false
Save the file and then run the game.
Thanks for the hint! My son and I start playing from level 2....
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 2: all potions are mixed up-WHY? What kind of extra life is unclear? Thanks for the video tips... atrueprincefanfrom18

And the beginning of level 3... in general, it kills an obstacle in the form of a screen in spots-why?

Level 3.... Why such dimming-when you can set the screen brightness to maximum.....
Attachments
2021-10-22_13-03-15.png
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 7:57 am Level 2: all potions are mixed up-WHY? What kind of extra life is unclear? Thanks for the video tips... atrueprincefanfrom18
Well, the level title did warn you, didn't it? :)
YURA wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 7:57 am And the beginning of level 3... in general, it kills an obstacle in the form of a screen in spots-why?
I am not getting what you are saying.
YURA wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 7:57 am Level 3.... Why such dimming-when you can set the screen brightness to maximum.....
I made it dark to give the level the ambience of death and darkness since that level has skeletons.
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
VelCheran
Vizier
Vizier

Post by VelCheran »

This makes me want to try to speedrun the original game with such lighting set up :D
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

That lighting looks really strange. Here is my attempt of improving it. Replace the "light.png" file in the data folder with the attached one.

Adjusting the "ambient_level" variable in "lighting.c" to make it look slightly less dark might look better.
screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png
Attachments
light.png
light.png (6.29 KiB) Viewed 5069 times
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 3 passed!!! It turns out there are switches and switches for level lighting, but when you turn on the level light, some properties of skeletons are lost.... Level 3 is really difficult, but see for yourself....
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

dmitry_s wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:22 pm That lighting looks really strange. Here is my attempt of improving it. Replace the "light.png" file in the data folder with the attached one.

Adjusting the "ambient_level" variable in "lighting.c" to make it look slightly less dark might look better.

screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png
The author upload this highlight file - I'll pass level 3 again, it looks beautiful...
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

YURA wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 4:51 pm The author upload this highlight file - I'll pass level 3 again, it looks beautiful...
You can just right click on the image where it says "Attachments" in the post above. Then save it the "data" folder of the game overwriting the existing file.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

I still didn't understand which folder to attach this file to and where this folder is located to get an image like Dmitry's?! Tell me....
Just show the video the beginning of level 3 with a new file, at least 15 seconds...

In the meantime, level 4 videos are original potions that take you from one room to another....
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:14 pm I still didn't understand which folder to attach this file to and where this folder is located to get an image like Dmitry's?! Tell me....
Just show the video the beginning of level 3 with a new file, at least 15 seconds...
Open the game's "data" folder and then paste and replace the light.png with the one posted by dmitrys. Don't worry if you don't get it, I will update the mod with the new lighting in a few days :)
YURA wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:14 pm In the meantime, level 4 videos are original potions that take you from one room to another....
Nice playthrough! :)
dmitry_s wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:22 pm Here is my attempt of improving it.
This is actually looking awesome. Could you just increase the horizontal radius more so that one torch brightens up little more distance (almost one tile more to be specific but anything approximate is also ok) keeping the fading effect?
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

Yura, the "data" folder is in your SDLPoP folder of the game. It already has the light.png file - just overwrite it.

Akruzen, try this one.

If you want to play around with the radius, you can do it by downloading Paint .NET. To make the radius smaller, resize the image width from 100 to say 90 pixels (Image/Resize). Then increase the canvas size back to 100 (Image/Canvas resize). Make sure to uncheck the "keep aspect ratio" checkbox. The opposite can be done to increase the radius.
Attachments
light.png
light.png (6.85 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

dmitry_s wrote: October 24th, 2021, 8:45 pm Yura, the "data" folder is in your SDLPoP folder of the game. It already has the light.png file - just overwrite it.

Akruzen, try this one.

If you want to play around with the radius, you can do it by downloading Paint .NET. To make the radius smaller, resize the image width from 100 to say 90 pixels (Image/Resize). Then increase the canvas size back to 100 (Image/Canvas resize). Make sure to uncheck the "keep aspect ratio" checkbox. The opposite can be done to increase the radius.
I can't get such beautiful pictures... the same as it was originally... show the video, level 3 has changed.... and then only words....
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 5 - the most important thing is to bring the guard and kill him on the opening tile... but the steam is also surprisingly made of 2 tiles, which are constantly moving and it is necessary to get on it in time....
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Level 6, now instead of a ferry, there is an elevator, which is turned off with the help of a green potion m again you need to bring a guard to the tile....