Prince of Persia - The Maharaja's Palace

Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Re: Prince of Persia - The Maharaja's Palace

Post by Akruzen »

Norbert wrote: October 17th, 2021, 4:00 pm
Thanks; added.

As for this mod's difficulty. The assessment of its difficulty heavily depends on whether or not quick saving and loading is seen as a normal part of gameplay. Maybe I'm old-fashioned and should accept that nowadays it is, which would then make this mod intermediate instead of - how I assess(ed) it - expert level. On the other hand, even with quick saving and loading, it took the Twitch player 45+ minutes just for level 1...
Considering people are using it as a common practice, I rated this mod as intermediately difficult taking quick save and quick load into picture. If they don't use it then I agree this is a really difficult mod. I guess it's now other way round. Quicksave and Quickload will be assumed to be used unless mentioned otherwise :)
And even if he takes 45 minutes for each level (which is obviously excessive) he will still have 15 minutes to spare :D
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 16th, 2021, 12:48 pm Level 7:

(ENOUGH FOR TODAY LOL)
dmitry_s

Question to the player? You will pass the rest of the levels, otherwise my son wanted to try to pass the entire MOD-265. from the very 1st level...
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

YURA wrote: October 19th, 2021, 3:29 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 16th, 2021, 12:48 pm Level 7
Question to the player? You will pass the rest of the levels, otherwise my son wanted to try to pass the entire MOD-265. from the very 1st level...
I will record and upload whenever I get time, but I can't stop you. Do what you want ;)
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

The son started playing level 1.... Interesting MOD-265 --- Quick and there are technical tricks, see the trick through the wall from room 12 to room 5...
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: October 19th, 2021, 7:47 pm The son started playing level 1.... Interesting MOD-265 --- Quick and there are technical tricks, see the trick through the wall from room 12 to room 5...
Hi YURA, are you sure you are playing this in SDLPoP and not DOSBox? From your gameplay, it seems you are not playing it on SDLPoP. This mod is impossible to pass if you don't use SDLPoP.

I have updated the mod to v1.3 with some minor fixes. Make sure you download the latest file and then run the exe file. Or, if you are using Linux, you can compile the source code inside the src folder to play.

Thanks!

Bug Fixes:
Made level 1 bit easier, reduced exe file size, minor level design tweaks.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Akruzen wrote: October 19th, 2021, 8:29 pm
YURA wrote: October 19th, 2021, 7:47 pm The son started playing level 1.... Interesting MOD-265 --- Quick and there are technical tricks, see the trick through the wall from room 12 to room 5...
Hi YURA, are you sure you are playing this in SDLPoP and not DOSBox? From your gameplay, it seems you are not playing it on SDLPoP. This mod is impossible to pass if you don't use SDLPoP.

I have updated the mod to v1.3 with some minor fixes. Make sure you download the latest file and then run the exe file. Or, if you are using Linux, you can compile the source code inside the src folder to play.

Thanks!

Bug Fixes:
Made level 1 bit easier, reduced exe file size, minor level design tweaks.
We play in SDLPoP.1.21... And uploaded your MOD-265 yesterday i.e. October 19..
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: October 20th, 2021, 2:52 am We play in SDLPoP.1.21
Don't copy the mod folder inside this zip file into your SDLPoP. Since this is a custom-hack, it will not run properly with normal SDLPoP.

For Windows,
1. Extract the downloaded zip file.
2. Run the exe file and play.

For Linux,
2. Open the src folder.
3. Compile and run the port_release.dev file and play.

To check if you did the steps correctly, press Ctrl key after obtaining the sword in level 1 to check if you are able to draw it anywhere.
YURA wrote: October 20th, 2021, 2:52 am And uploaded your MOD-265 yesterday i.e. October 19..
I updated the mod after you posted your level 1 video with some minor fixes. So you will need to download the latest version again.

Thanks! I hope this helps :)
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Akruzen wrote: October 20th, 2021, 9:09 am
YURA wrote: October 20th, 2021, 2:52 am We play in SDLPoP.1.21
Don't copy the mod folder inside this zip file into your SDLPoP. Since this is a custom-hack, it will not run properly with normal SDLPoP.

For Windows,
2. Run the exe file and play.

For Linux,
2. Open the src folder.
3. Compile and run the port_release.dev file and play.

To check if you did the steps correctly, press Ctrl key after obtaining the sword in level 1 to check if you are able to draw it anywhere.
YURA wrote: October 20th, 2021, 2:52 am And uploaded your MOD-265 yesterday i.e. October 19..
I updated the mod after you posted your level 1 video with some minor fixes. So you will need to download the latest version again.

Thanks! I hope this helps :)
What's the difference, that I don't want to listen to music, and look at all sorts of pop-up cashbacks... I have downloaded all the levels and am playing....... I like the way I play with my son and pass the levels, without any auxiliary actions on the monitor screen?!.....
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: October 20th, 2021, 10:17 am What's the difference, that I don't want to listen to music, and look at all sorts of pop-up cashbacks... I have downloaded all the levels and am playing....... I like the way I play with my son and pass the levels, without any auxiliary actions on the monitor screen?!.....
You can turn off music if you want and ignore the cash stuff, but in later levels (from level 2), some doors open by performing certain actions not possible in vanilla SDLPoP. This makes the levels not passable which is why I told you to run the exe file :)

As about the update, redownloading the game to latest version is not mandatory, you can continue with you current version :)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

@YURA, This is a custom mod with custom edits in the source code. So the mod is not possible to play in DOSBox or even in normal SDLPoP. Use the folder that you downloaded from the ZIP, double click on PRINCE.EXE and only then play the game. Otherwise I don't think you would be able to take the advantages of the source code edits.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 20th, 2021, 10:35 amSo the mod is not possible to play in DOSBox or even in normal SDLPoP.
I've posted this suggestion in the main SDLPoP thread.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

The author! If you allow me to play your MOD-265... then I will continue to play with my son in my style.... since I think I will pass your MOD-265....
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: October 20th, 2021, 8:15 pm The author! If you allow me to play your MOD-265... then I will continue to play with my son in my style.... since I think I will pass your MOD-265....
Sure why not! I think it is not passable but you can give it a try :)
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

Akruzen wrote: October 21st, 2021, 4:19 am
YURA wrote: October 20th, 2021, 8:15 pm The author! If you allow me to play your MOD-265... then I will continue to play with my son in my style.... since I think I will pass your MOD-265....
Sure why not! I think it is not passable but you can give it a try :)
Yes, it really doesn't play in the standard application, but I want to play in windowed mode, not full screen - please remind me how to run the file in windowed mode...
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

YURA wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:02 am Yes, it really doesn't play in the standard application, but I want to play in windowed mode, not full screen - please remind me how to run the file in windowed mode...
Open SDLPoP.ini in the main folder and set the the value to false like below:

Code: Select all

start_fullscreen = false
Save the file and then run the game.