Say HiJump - New SDLPoP mod

dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Re: Say HiJump - New SDLPoP mod

Post by dmitry_s »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: August 30th, 2021, 4:40 am What was that thing that you were doing going back and forth through the skeleton rooms? Was it something you were hoping for better RNG or something? Because only after you went up and down, the skeleton didn't hit you. If you could explain, that would be great! :P
First of all I was really surprised when a second skeleton stood up when I pushed the the first one into the drop on the left. I was not expecting that. Does that happen when you have a skeleton tile and a skeleton guard at the same time?

There is a bug in the game where skeleton (guard) keeps going forward when you go up and down. If you do it enough times, he is going to go all the way to the right out of sight.

It has to do with the logic where guard follows you if you drop to a row below and there are no obstructions in the way. The code does not actually check that prince is below the guard so it works even when the prince is in the top row. But that did not happen because there is another guard in the room above which breaks the reference to the guard below.

I was actually trying to see how the code behaves which is why I kept getting killed.

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Ok, so I'm doing a version 2 of this and can't seem to fix the Level 3 skeleton bug. This time, the rooms are much different but the skeleton bug is intact. So if I do a super high jump into Level 2, the skeleton keeps following the Prince. Is it possible to make him stand as if he was a normal guard? Please let me know if you don't understand what I mean, I'll have to attach a screenshot.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

Do you mean the skeleton is moving forward? A video would help to understand the issue.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

dmitry_s wrote: October 28th, 2021, 7:01 pm Do you mean the skeleton is moving forward? A video would help to understand the issue.
Never mind, maybe I'll fix it later.

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Just released the Part 2 of it - Check this :)