Pandemic in Persia

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Re: Pandemic in Persia - In Progress

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

YURA wrote: February 17th, 2021, 10:36 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 17th, 2021, 6:13 pm
YURA wrote: February 17th, 2021, 6:03 pm The author! I look at the map and see that I need to go through the security in the room 1----- 3 times!!!
No. 4 times! :mrgreen:
The author! Then all 4 times I have to hope for luck! If as the professional says...... SuavePrince ...
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=4261&start=120
I don't know what's the problem. There is just a bit of luck involved. It's all about distance and what the guard does.

If you practice it, it's easy. It's a bit hard than trick with right gate but you do have Quicksaves and Quickloads option.

Just use them and pass it as you do. It's mainly created in such a way, because I wanted players to have practice on that trick.

I am just - not at all - understanding what's the problem when you have option to Quicksave and Quickload. :( Just use the saved state, load it back and start passing the level.

If you have already gone through this trick a lot of times, you might even not need any Quickload. You will just go through the path easily.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 18th, 2021, 3:08 amI am just - not at all - understanding what's the problem when you have option to Quicksave and Quickload. :( Just use the saved state, load it back and start passing the level.
Maybe it complicates creating a fluent walkthrough video.
Plus, if I'm not mistaken your levels are heavily skill based, which attracts certain skilled players who might dislike gameplay with a high luck factor.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

By the way, this thread should probably be moved here, right?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: February 18th, 2021, 2:33 pm Maybe it complicates creating a fluent walkthrough video.
Plus, if I'm not mistaken your levels are heavily skill based, which attracts certain skilled players who might dislike gameplay with a high luck factor.
Right, but there is not too huge luck factor. It's just about distance. A very slight luck is what action the guard takes. There's a high chance that he would hit you (as it's a Guard Type 7), but you just have to be a bit safe and use Quicksaves to complete... :(
Norbert wrote: February 18th, 2021, 2:59 pm By the way, this thread should probably be moved here, right?
No, I don't think so, it also works with DOSBox, but I haven't tested it on the belief that DOSBox would replicate the same intended behaviour. Although there are some bug(s) in SDLPoP.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 18th, 2021, 4:18 pmNo, I don't think so, it also works with DOSBox, but [...]
Okay. Because it literally says in your first post (and on PoPOT) that it...
"Should be played with SDLPoP." And "Also contains fake tiles in Level 3 and 4."
Maybe I missed a post where you wrote you've made changes and it's now primarily a DOS mod?
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

My mod lockdown on Persia level 11: when I saw that in sdlpop my trick does not work, I made the change and that's it..
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: February 18th, 2021, 5:15 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 18th, 2021, 4:18 pmNo, I don't think so, it also works with DOSBox, but [...]
Okay. Because it literally says in your first post (and on PoPOT) that it...
"Should be played with SDLPoP." And "Also contains fake tiles in Level 3 and 4."
Maybe I missed a post where you wrote you've made changes and it's now primarily a DOS mod?
Ah, yes, sorry, I forgot about the fake tiles! Yes, maybe it's good if it's in that forum. I don't mind having it shifted.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 18th, 2021, 6:26 pmAh, yes, sorry, I forgot about the fake tiles! Yes, maybe it's good if it's in that forum. I don't mind having it shifted.
Well, now that you're an admin... :) At the bottom of the page is a drop-down list with a hammer icon on it, which opens a menu that contains "Move topic".
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: February 18th, 2021, 9:27 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 18th, 2021, 6:26 pmAh, yes, sorry, I forgot about the fake tiles! Yes, maybe it's good if it's in that forum. I don't mind having it shifted.
Well, now that you're an admin... :) At the bottom of the page is a drop-down list with a hammer icon on it, which opens a menu that contains "Move topic".
Done. :)

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

I've updated the ZIP file on PoPOT. Now it should be possible to complete without that trick. Also Level 12 is updated.

Edit: Is the file processed correctly? After downloading it, if I extract it, I'm not seeing any files... Why?

Edit 2: Anyway, here's the updated file:

UpdatedPandemicInPersia.zip
(339.3 KiB) Downloaded 2370 times

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 25th, 2021, 12:09 pmEdit: Is the file processed correctly? After downloading it, if I extract it, I'm not seeing any files... Why?
Your ZIP file, that you added to PoPOT, contains two directories:
0000236/
UpdatedPandemicInPersia/
If that's not what you wanted, then you can create and add a new ZIP file.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: February 25th, 2021, 12:22 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 25th, 2021, 12:09 pmEdit: Is the file processed correctly? After downloading it, if I extract it, I'm not seeing any files... Why?
Your ZIP file, that you added to PoPOT, contains two directories:
0000236/
UpdatedPandemicInPersia/
No... Are you able to now download and see all the files? I think the files are not extracted correctly, something like that... :?

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 25th, 2021, 2:49 pmAre you able to now download and see all the files?
Yes, I can download the ZIP file you added to PoPOT.
Your ZIP file contains two directories:
0000236/
UpdatedPandemicInPersia/
And each directory contains the same mod (files).
The ZIP file you attached to your post here contains your mod just once and might therefore be a suitable candidate to upload to PoPOT.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: February 25th, 2021, 8:49 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: February 25th, 2021, 2:49 pmAre you able to now download and see all the files?
Yes, I can download the ZIP file you added to PoPOT.
Your ZIP file contains two directories:
0000236/
UpdatedPandemicInPersia/
And each directory contains the same mod (files).
The ZIP file you attached to your post here contains your mod just once and might therefore be a suitable candidate to upload to PoPOT.
No, firstly the ZIP file that I uploaded does have a single directory, it was "Pandemic in Persia". Later, I tried to download and extract it, but it was empty.

Then I uploaded the "UpdatedPandemicInPersia". Still, when it was successful I tried to download it and extract it, but it was still empty.

And yes, I have uploaded the same file, but when I extract it, I'm seeing the directory as empty.

Did you change the code? It might have a bug otherwise... :?

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I think you need to ask help from a third party. I'm currently too busy, and the website code should be fine. Also, you are clearly not seeing the correct data if the directory/-ies appear empty to you. Maybe some kind of setting in your Windows installation is preventing you from seeing the files. If I recall correctly, you have Linux available in virtualization software. You could compare with what that OS shows you.