Prince 1 and 1/2 (1.5 unofficial)

dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Prince 1 and 1/2 (1.5 unofficial)

Post by dmitrys »

I have finally completed the mod. I ended up reworking the guard logic significantly to allow multiple guards per room (1 active at a time), separating from shadow (after level 11), more opponents, more potions, more unexpected events, PoP2 and other mod inspired twists and more.

It can be downloaded here. This is an SDLPoP based mod and requires Windows or Linux. It will not run from Total Pack.
https://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000232

yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Re: Prince 1 and 1/2 (1.5 unofficial)

Post by yourantumayel69 »

Thanks for the video. Are you continuing create mods?
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

Yes, I am planning to work on a more difficult mod next year using the same modified SDLPoP engine. I will take a bit of break first.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

It's interesting to see what you've been able to do by modifying SDLPoP, with the lights-on potions, randomly farting guards, stealth, the mouse bridge, etc. Nicely done. I saw some homages to RoT and PoP2 too. With such unique mod elements, it's a good thing that quicksave/load is available.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Wow! Extremely well done. I hope DavidXNewton plays this on stream. He will definitely get surprised. Maybe more than RoT! :P
dmitrys wrote: December 30th, 2020, 5:44 am Yes, I am planning to work on a more difficult mod next year using the same modified SDLPoP engine. I will take a bit of break first.
You should take break, it definitely improves productivity, and you might get great ideas too. I hope you would create another great mod - but with custom levels. Playing through the default levels is somewhat boring, but it's great that you have a modified engine.
dmitrys wrote: December 30th, 2020, 1:34 am I have finally completed the mod.
I think I'm gonna play this again.

P.S: It would be great if screenshots are updated on PoPOT (as some elements are changed). I think some interesting elements in the screenshots, might interest players to give a shot.

Edit: I think the mod has altered sound, PoPOT doesn't seem to show it?
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

The purpose of this mod was to see what can be done with the existing engine while still being true to the intent of the game. PoP2 functionality (multiple guards, playing as shadow, improvements to green potions, dying to complete a level, guard logic in general) were some of the features I wanted to add in the first place. RoT gave a lot of brilliant ideas that can be implemented on the engine (Jaffar's vision having different physics, rooms that look exactly the same including the randomized parts of wall stones - something that gives away rooms in that mod, falling through a couple of rooms where wall stones look different on each iteration (the inverse of the previous task), mazes and tricky wall tiles).

The level ideas came as a result of modifying the engine. And while a lot of levels have minimal modifications, I tried to remove as many shortcuts and bugs as I could find and fix (or SDLPoP has fixed already). I would love someone very experienced with PoP to do a speed run.

Some humor was added as well on level 8 (farting fat guards who lose their skill after that happens randomly + unfortunately mouse timing - but mouse gets to redeem itself later) and shadow moonwalking after closing the gate on level 9.

This mod would have never been possible without SDLPoP which David, Falcury and many others have done an amazing job with.

And I would be honored if DavidXNewton analyzes and plays the mod.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 1st, 2021, 7:58 amEdit: I think the mod has altered sound, PoPOT doesn't seem to show it?
True, I've just fixed this.

Dmitry, see this.
I could merge this and this, so your user account becomes owner of your mod.
(Then soonish, you will also be able to edit your own mod - e.g. description, screenshots, etc. - without requiring my help, if you'd want.)
dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

It would be great to be able to edit the mod page.
dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

I have updated the Popot.org mod page.
https://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000232

And I also made a small change to the way screen flip potions work, based on the following conversation, to follow the PoP2 feature set.
viewtopic.php?p=31746#p31746

The status text color now also matches PoP2.

SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Wow... this is a jewel ...
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

Here is a link to Youtube videos that work.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... LMHxNMRFdU