Prince 1 and 1/2 - a new mod

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince 1 and 1/2 - a new mod

Post by David »

I'm wondering if this thread should be in the SDLPoP section instead of New Levels and Mods For DOS, since this mod is specifically for SDLPoP.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: December 27th, 2020, 1:50 pm I'm wondering if this thread should be in the SDLPoP section instead of New Levels and Mods For DOS, since this mod is specifically for SDLPoP.
Maybe a new "New Levels and Mods for SDLPoP or MININIM" board would be useful?
And, since that whole forum section is already called "New Levels and Mods", maybe all boards there could have simpler, shorter names?
(E.g. "For DOS", "For SNES", "For SDLPoP or MININIM".)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Norbert wrote: December 27th, 2020, 2:22 pm
David wrote: December 27th, 2020, 1:50 pm I'm wondering if this thread should be in the SDLPoP section instead of New Levels and Mods For DOS, since this mod is specifically for SDLPoP.
Maybe a new "New Levels and Mods for SDLPoP or MININIM" board would be useful?
And, since that whole forum section is already called "New Levels and Mods", maybe all boards there could have simpler, shorter names?
(E.g. "For DOS", "For SNES", "For SDLPoP or MININIM".)
Hmm, I vote for this. I think there's already a mod made specifically for SDLPoP, I think Journey in Mystery? I'll have to recheck. That could also be listed in the newly created board.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

That is a good idea.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 5:49 pm Hmm, I vote for this. I think there's already a mod made specifically for SDLPoP, I think Journey in Mystery? I'll have to recheck. That could also be listed in the newly created board.
Yes, Journey in Mystery uses SDLPoP. Sting decided so because DOS PoP crashed with the edited graphics. See here: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=4534

Secrets of the Citadel also uses a modified SDLPoP: https://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000153; viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3664
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: December 29th, 2020, 1:52 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 5:49 pm Hmm, I vote for this. I think there's already a mod made specifically for SDLPoP, I think Journey in Mystery? I'll have to recheck. That could also be listed in the newly created board.
Yes, Journey in Mystery uses SDLPoP. Sting decided so because DOS PoP crashed with the edited graphics. See here: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=4534

Secrets of the Citadel also uses a modified SDLPoP: https://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000153; viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3664
There are also Super Adventure (SDLPoP only; forum) and Indonesian Sweet Dreams (DOS + SDLPoP; forum).
The latter begs the question, where should forum threads go if mods target both DOS and native.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: December 29th, 2020, 4:23 pm The latter begs the question, where should forum threads go if mods target both DOS and native.
Maybe if the mod is only possible to play with SDLPoP (and maybe modified ones) then it should go into the new board.

dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

Norbert, can we update the Popot.org mod one last time? I have redesigned the guard logic to allow dynamic guards, multiple dead characters and having guards actually falling out through multiple rooms, possibly onto buttons. Thanks in advance.

https://github.com/dstarosta/prince_one ... r3_mt32.7z

The final walk through has been posted in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=118&t=4628&p=31731

In 2021 I will try to do a more difficult mod based on this work.
Last edited by dmitrys on December 30th, 2020, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Sure, done.
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

dmitrys wrote: December 29th, 2020, 9:15 pm In 2021 I will try to do a more difficult mod based on this work.
Yes, you do.
EDIT: Your next mod I give you a title mod, named Sultana of Persia one and half (you can take exist mod here, don't same as original, you can use difficulty)
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

I have seen that mod, great graphics and sounds.
dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

Here is another improvement with semi-active multi-guard combat and ensuring guards do not disappear between rooms.

I'll just need to ensure the victory sound is only played once.

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

dmitrys wrote: March 4th, 2021, 3:20 am Here is another improvement with semi-active multi-guard combat
Based on the video, I guess this means that only one guard fights you at the same time?
dmitrys
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitrys »

David wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:09 pm
dmitrys wrote: March 4th, 2021, 3:20 am Here is another improvement with semi-active multi-guard combat
Based on the video, I guess this means that only one guard fights you at the same time?
Correct. Creating another active opponent slot would have been way too much work with all the Char/Opp logic.

This slot only renders a specific frame of a guard when another guard while the guard in the Guard slot is alive. When the active guard dies, the Guard slot gets the coordinates of the inactive guard and the inactive guard disappears.

I did make it so the inactive guard turns around when kid is on the left or on the right of him when fighting or making noises. He can also be crushed (a frame change) by a falling tile. Inactive guards do not die when get poked by sword because it would be too easy.

All the work I have done is to avoid guards from disappearing. This scenario covers 2 situations.
1. When the fight moves to another room that has a guard.
2. A shadow/mouse can appear without the guard disappearing. The only limitation is the guard is within fighting distance of kid he is going to freeze until shadow/mouse disappears.

Guards can also fall/follow into rooms below or drop from the side of a room without disappearing. And I have dynamic guards that appear that enter the room when you kill an active guard.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Yes, dmitrys has seriously done great job into bringing few PoP2 features into PoP1. I wonder how many of them can be added to SDLPoP with the #ALLOW_* toggles.