Journey In Mystery

Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Journey In Mystery

Post by Sting »

This is my first ever mod. We still can not put them in popot so there it is:
I am a little bad at dealing with graphics so please forgive me for that I was planning to change more in palace but I couldn't deal with the WDA in palace because I did not understand the xml files and the main problems is I have too many exams and I have to go for a long time and I don't think I will come back to make other mods since I could not learn and I will just keep playing and enjoying other people's work.
So apart of the graphics I tried to make a medium gameplay full of tricks I learned during my journey in this mystery like the name of this game and in some levels you will need to think about the solution before going and also sometimes you think before each step.
I hope my game is enjoyable as a beginner in this and I hope you give me your rate even if they are negative.
and remember you don't have to kill the guards in normal ways it will be annoying (except for maybe Jaffar himself)
EDIT: I UPDATED THE PACKAGE BECAUSE I MESSED UP SOME SETTINGS :
JIM.zip
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
Last edited by Sting on June 19th, 2020, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my first ever mod and rate it it is Journey in Mystery I hope I will improve next time, thank you :D :) :D
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Re: Journey In Mystery

Post by Sting »

I forgot if someone wants to record a walkthrough than just do it
Check out my first ever mod and rate it it is Journey in Mystery I hope I will improve next time, thank you :D :) :D
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Don't worry :lol: I started just as you are now, you will improve gradually, I will download this week and see how is the mod
By the way I was missing you
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

I tried your mod and discovered that it uses some tricks, some very hard for me.
I couldn't pass your mod, please ask Amogh Datar yo play your mod
And about the graphics, I liked them very much, but using SDLPOP is still hard for me being accustomed to DosBox, I will see what I can do
Good luck making new mods ;)
I suggest to play test every level just to make sure it can be finished
Best for you
Goodbye
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

Hi, Ahmed/Sting I give you VDUNGEON.DAT if you want:
viewtopic.php?p=29268#p29268
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

Sting wrote: June 18th, 2020, 11:05 pm I am a little bad at dealing with graphics so please forgive me for that I was planning to change more in palace but I couldn't deal with the WDA in palace because I did not understand the xml files and the main problems is I have too many exams and I have to go for a long time and I don't think I will come back to make other mods since I could not learn and I will just keep playing and enjoying other people's work.
Sting, read my PM ;)
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

I'll try it now :)
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

(I only played it for 2 mins - the 1st level) Excellent graphics! Nice that you altered sounds. It's just superb. I will keep playing it until completed. I have just switched to Linux, so I need to figure out how to record the screen and upload it. I have installed OBS, but on first look, it's really difficult to figure out how all is gonna work. May need some time to finalise setup and then I will record and upload.

But, anyway, on first look, I really liked your mod. Great work! Hope to see more mods from you soon! :)

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Author, "Allow triggering of any tile" is "N"???
Because I am not able to drop the tile with the button in Rom 5, Bottom Row...

Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: June 19th, 2020, 1:51 am Don't worry :lol: I started just as you are now, you will improve gradually, I will download this week and see how is the mod
By the way I was missing you
I will be happy with you and thank you for your help and support .
Emiliano Fierro wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:27 am I tried your mod and discovered that it uses some tricks, some very hard for me.
I couldn't pass your mod, please ask Amogh Datar yo play your mod
And about the graphics, I liked them very much, but using SDLPOP is still hard for me being accustomed to DosBox, I will see what I can do
Good luck making new mods ;)
I suggest to play test every level just to make sure it can be finished
Best for you
Goodbye
Well it is surely possible to complete I can complete it in 55 minutes that is why I put 100 but in most of levels I advise you to explore to understand the mechanics of each level because evry level uses a unique pattern. There is some good youtubers like sauve the princess who possibly will find solutions fast I would like to make my own videos of walkthrough but I don't have time to that but be sure that it is difficult but possible.
yourantumayel69 wrote: June 19th, 2020, 3:06 am Hi, Ahmed/Sting I give you VDUNGEON.DAT if you want:
viewtopic.php?p=29268#p29268
yes thank you I saw your PM as well but probably I will be using it if I will make an other mod if you don't mind me.
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: June 19th, 2020, 11:27 am Author, "Allow triggering of any tile" is "N"???
Because I am not able to drop the tile with the button in Rom 5, Bottom Row...
yes sir I checked that the "allow triggering any tile" is on if you play all the mod you will find a little similar things you have to search for the bottom dropping that nothing is easily found.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Sting wrote: June 19th, 2020, 3:20 pm yes sir I checked that the "allow triggering any tile" is on if you play all the mod you will find a little similar things you have to search for the bottom dropping that nothing is easily found.
I don't think so... Do you need to change SDLPoP settings? Because on my machine, first of all I am just getting 60 mins. Second thing is the tile is not falling... Maybe somebody can help. It's clear that SDLPoP is using default PRINCE.EXE instead of the "Journey in Mystery.EXE".

Norbert, any idea?

Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: June 19th, 2020, 3:25 pm
I don't think so... Do you need to change SDLPoP settings? Because on my machine, first of all I am just getting 60 mins. Second thing is the tile is not falling... Maybe somebody can help. It's clear that SDLPoP is using default PRINCE.EXE instead of the "Journey in Mystery.EXE".

Norbert, any idea?
Are you trying to open it using apoplexy?
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: June 19th, 2020, 3:25 pm

Norbert, any idea?
I looked in the SDLPoP.ini And I found some mistakes and corrected them now you can try to redownload again
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: June 19th, 2020, 11:02 amOBS, but on first look, it's really difficult to figure out how all is gonna work.
After you checked the regular settings/preferences, what you do is on the main window, you click the + under Sources.
Then you select what it should record. Your entire screen or just one window, audio, etc. Whatever you want.
If it's difficult to figure out, you could check tutorials on YouTube.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Sting wrote: June 19th, 2020, 3:53 pm I looked in the SDLPoP.ini And I found some mistakes and corrected them now you can try to redownload again
Yes, now I think it should work... I'll go through mod now.
Norbert wrote: June 19th, 2020, 6:12 pm [...] If it's difficult to figure out, you could check tutorials on YouTube.
Yes, thanks Norbert. I will definitely learn how to use this software. Thank you for your help! :)