Post by Falcury »

Two more walkthrough videos, for level 2 and 3:

mmitch5
Efendi
Efendi

New (partial) mod: Secrets of the Citadel

Post by mmitch5 »

Hi ,

I like your mod and the different tricks you made in your mod ..

If it's your first one this is really really good
You deserve your mod to be added to total pack in my opinion even if it is not completed
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: New (partial) mod: Secrets of the Citadel

Post by Dark77 »

I'm out of my home at the moment, cuz i'm spending vacation in Greece now (return next sunday). I tried some levels of your mod before leaving for vacation, and i claim this is very interesting mod! Not easy, really pretty good. You says that it's your first mod - if it's true, really good job man ;) I'll try all these levels i haven't tried after return to my home - be sure of it.

P.S. I have one question - what program did you use to make video walkthroughs?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Dark77 wrote:P.S. I have one question - what program did you use to make video walkthroughs?
If you're using DOSBox you can use its built-in recording function. I think you have to press Ctrl.+Alt+F5 or something to toggle it on or off, but I keep forgetting.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Hi all,

First, thanks for the compliments! It's certainly nice to hear that people are enjoying the levels!
I keep working from time to time on this mod, tweaking and adding stuff. I might actually finish all the levels at some point, but progress is slow. I will probably update the mod soon with level 6 added and perhaps a somewhat more fun version of level 4. I've run into a nasty bug in level 6 though, when trying to use a regular exit door; I can circumvent it by removing the room in which the Shadow appears, but that would be a pity...

And yes, I did use DOSBox for the walkthroughs. Whenever I try to record something, I usually end up with massive amounts of unwanted screenshots before I find the correct keystroke :P
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Kaslghnoon wrote:How do I get PRINCE.EXE to sound like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xZBpApRMo&t=3m59s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xZBpApRMo&t=6m6s
Thanks in advance.
That's not (really) PRINCE.EXE related.
PoP1 version 1.3 (and 1.4; ZIP of 1.3 here) has a SETUP.EXE utility that allows you to - as was done here - pick a custom Sound Device and Music Synthesizer.
By the way, you can tell it's 1.3 (or 1.4) because the spikes sound splashy and the swords like metal (instead of woodblock); see 1.2 in this document.
Changing the Sound Device to Sound Blaster and Music Synthesizer to Roland MT-32 (MIDI; also possible from the command line) could make it sound like that.
I write could because the digital audio data that's being generated from the MIDI files differs depending on the system's setup.
It depends on the MIDI synthesizer installed on your system.
For example, I'm using the "Fluid (R3) General MIDI SoundFont" myself, which sounds different from what's in that YouTube video.
As a side note, setting music to MIDI when releasing a mod would be inadvisable, because it means a lot of people will simply hear no music.