MININIM and bugs

A free software implementation of Prince of Persia 1.
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

MININIM and bugs

Post by oitofelix »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: August 29th, 2020, 7:03 am MININIM is behind the idea that the bugs should be fixed and that totally prevents from the discovery of new bugs.
Where did you get that idea from? :shock:

I'm sure there are plenty of bugs to be found for eternity, because every non-trivial program has bugs.

When you do find them, please report! Hopefully they will get fixed, eventually. ;)

(By the way, finding bugs is in the past of fixing them.)
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: August 29th, 2020, 7:03 am I would never use that since SDLPoP does what I expect.
I guess that means you expect SDLPoP to do what SDLPoP does. SDLPoP is therefore the master of your expectations, not otherwise. Be it a bug or not, let's agree that's fair. :)

(Otherwise David would've put mind-reading features in there... that's a great feature to have, for sure!)
Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix)
MININIM author
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Re: Lihinghntom's Twisty Levelset

Post by Emiliano »

Oh, Bruno you are back!
For some reason MININIM is a different port, which works a bit different to the original game.
MININIM and SDLPoP exist to have different experiences, there's no need to make them all work as a Native MS-DOS ;)
--Emiliano Fierro Salazar-- 2020/09/24 15:08
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by oitofelix »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: September 24th, 2020, 10:08 pm Oh, Bruno you are back!
Greetings Emiliano! o/
Emiliano Fierro wrote: September 24th, 2020, 10:08 pm For some reason MININIM is a different port, which works a bit different to the original game.
That's because MININIM is not a port, but a full re-implementation written from scratch.
Emiliano Fierro wrote: September 24th, 2020, 10:08 pm MININIM and SDLPoP exist to have different experiences, there's no need to make them all work as a Native MS-DOS ;)
Agreed. :)
MININIM author
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

oitofelix wrote: September 24th, 2020, 10:00 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: August 29th, 2020, 7:03 am MININIM is behind the idea that the bugs should be fixed and that totally prevents from the discovery of new bugs.
Where did you get that idea from? :shock:
I tried to find the post I thought that this was the intention, but I couldn't find it...
oitofelix wrote: September 24th, 2020, 10:00 pm I'm sure there are plenty of bugs to be found for eternity, because every non-trivial program has bugs.

When you do find them, please report! Hopefully they will get fixed, eventually. ;)

(By the way, finding bugs is in the past of fixing them.)
Yeah, exactly my point. MININIM wants the bugs fixed, right? (And first find them to fix them?)
oitofelix wrote: September 24th, 2020, 10:00 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: August 29th, 2020, 7:03 am I would never use that since SDLPoP does what I expect.
I guess that means you expect SDLPoP to do what SDLPoP does. SDLPoP is therefore the master of your expectations, not otherwise. Be it a bug or not, let's agree that's fair. :)
Right, I think SDLPoP suits my need, but I am not disrespecting MININIM. It's a great program :)

P.S: Welcome back! Most people just don't turn back!
Emiliano Fierro wrote: September 24th, 2020, 10:08 pm MININIM and SDLPoP exist to have different experiences, there's no need to make them all work as a Native MS-DOS ;)
Right. SDLPoP is a port and works similar to to PoP when played in DOSBox. MININIM is a scratch implementation.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by oitofelix »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: Yeah, exactly my point. MININIM wants the bugs fixed, right? (And first find them to fix them?)
Got you! That was just a joke.

(Speaking of which, I never really asked MININIM what it wants. Maybe I'll do that once I'm convinced it's capable of deciding for itself.
For now, all I know is that---other things being equal---I want bugs fixed. ;))
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: Right, I think SDLPoP suits my need, but I am not disrespecting MININIM. It's a great program :)
Thank you! Anyway, even if you didn't like MININIM you are totally entitled to your view. Nothing wrong there.
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: P.S: Welcome back! Most people just don't turn back!
:D

I almost always get back to my projects (even if intermittently). That may fail if I die, though. But I wouldn't worry too much about that because I have a good track record of staying alive. Never failed once.

It may take some time, depending on the details of life, but eventually I get to work on all of my projects again---from where I left off. I think it's ultimately a good thing, because in the mean time I get the opportunity to grow and sharpen skills that may be put to good use in continuing them.

Besides that, I have a commitment to the MININIM community (even if it's comprised of just me and my childhood self) of making this game the greatest I can. (Pretty much as with any other piece of software that happens to be under my responsibility.)
MININIM author
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

oitofelix wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:38 pm That may fail if I die, though. But I wouldn't worry too much about that because I have a good track record of staying alive. Never failed once.

It may take some time, depending on the details of life, but eventually I get to work on all of my projects again---from where I left off. I think it's ultimately a good thing, because in the mean time I get the opportunity to grow and sharpen skills that may be put to good use in continuing them.

Besides that, I have a commitment to the MININIM community (even if it's comprised of just me and my childhood self) of making this game the greatest I can. (Pretty much as with any other piece of software that happens to be under my responsibility.)
Lol! :lol: :D

Good luck! :)

P.S: This really got off-topic stuff. Moderator, please move if you think the same.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 8:19 pm P.S: This really got off-topic stuff. Moderator, please move if you think the same.
Done.
Please let me know if the topic could use a better title.