MININIM updates

A free software implementation of Prince of Persia 1.
4DPlayer

Re: MININIM updates

Post by 4DPlayer »

David wrote: June 8th, 2019, 3:42 pm
4DPlayer wrote: June 6th, 2019, 9:12 pm I have MININIM 0.10. Is that the latest version?
The latest version is "201701122309". You can get it here: http://oitofelix.github.io/mininim/
MININIM 0.10 doesn't have the features you want to use, so you need to download the latest version.
4DPlayer wrote: June 6th, 2019, 9:12 pm How do I move the KID wherever I want like in this video?
Click with the left mouse button to enable editing mode, then click with the middle mouse button (wheel) to put the prince where the cursor is.
4DPlayer wrote: June 6th, 2019, 9:12 pm Also, how to get multi room?
Use "[" and "]" to decrease and increase the number of shown rooms.
The keys are documented at http://oitofelix.github.io/mininim/ under Key bindings.
There are further key combinations to change the amount of rooms only horizontally or vertically.

Note that if your current keyboard layout has no separate keys for "[" and "]" then you need to switch to a layout that has them.
For example, I usually use the Hungarian keyboard layout, where "[" is AltGr+F and "]" is AltGr+G, but these don't work in MININIM.
So I change to the US English keyboard layout, where "[" and "]" are the two keys on the right side of "P".
That way I can use [, ], Alt+[, and Alt+], but somehow Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+] still don't work for me.
Alright. I do have the [, and, ] keys. But since I mostly use a laptop, I cannot use mouse wheel. However, since I will install MININIM on USB, I can use it on any computer. :)
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Wow!
So many interesting new features in the latest MININIM!
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by oitofelix »

4DPlayer wrote: June 9th, 2019, 5:35 am Wow!
So many interesting new features in the latest MININIM!
I'm glad you liked it! :) There is so much more in the development version. For instance, the level editor is entirely GUI oriented. Unfortunately it has been almost 2 years since I last worked on it. No worries, however. I'm slowly getting things into place so I can continue what I started.
David wrote: June 8th, 2019, 3:42 pm Note that if your current keyboard layout has no separate keys for "[" and "]" then you need to switch to a layout that has them.
For example, I usually use the Hungarian keyboard layout, where "[" is AltGr+F and "]" is AltGr+G, but these don't work in MININIM.
So I change to the US English keyboard layout, where "[" and "]" are the two keys on the right side of "P".
That way I can use [, ], Alt+[, and Alt+], but somehow Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+] still don't work for me.
Thank you, David, for taking the time to explain about MININIM. I hope we can sort out that keyboard layout problem soon.
Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix)
MININIM author
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Hmm...for some reason, the game crashes when I try to place a guard in a level.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Help? :?
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by oitofelix »

4DPlayer wrote: July 30th, 2019, 2:49 am Hmm...for some reason, the game crashes when I try to place a guard in a level.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Help? :?
The game should never crash. If it does, then it's certainly a bug!
Could you give a step by step recipe to reproduce the failure? Screenshots? Anything else you might find relevant?
MININIM author
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

oitofelix wrote: July 30th, 2019, 3:04 am The game should never crash. If it does, then it's certainly a bug!
Could you give a step by step recipe to reproduce the failure? Screenshots? Anything else you might find relevant?
I recorded a video n what happens. (Attached in zip)
This is what I do:
First I choose my guard type. GUARD in the video. Then I choose my style. Then I choose the start position. Then I press "P" to place the guard and the game freezes for a second and then crashes. (You can notice the freeze in the video and it automatically ends when the game fails.
Crash.zip
The video of the crash
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by oitofelix »

4DPlayer wrote: July 31st, 2019, 1:29 am I recorded a video n what happens. (Attached in zip)
This is what I do:
First I choose my guard type. GUARD in the video. Then I choose my style. Then I choose the start position. Then I press "P" to place the guard and the game freezes for a second and then crashes. (You can notice the freeze in the video and it automatically ends when the game fails.
Crash.zip
Sorry, I'm not sure about what might be causing that bug to happen. However, I think there are good chances of this being already fixed in the development version. Anyway, I've added the investigation of this bug to my TODO list and will check/work on it eventually. I'll get back to you when this has been addressed.

Thanks for reporting!
MININIM author
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Does it happen to you? Or only me? Maybe I’m making a mistake...
oitofelix
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by oitofelix »

4DPlayer wrote: July 31st, 2019, 2:54 am Does it happen to you? Or only me? Maybe I’m making a mistake...
Yes, it happens to me as well. You are doing nothing wrong, this is certainly a bug!
MININIM author
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

oitofelix wrote: August 1st, 2019, 9:48 am Yes, it happens to me as well. You are doing nothing wrong, this is certainly a bug!
Ok.