New Mod Doubts

Open-source port of PoP that runs natively on Windows, Linux, etc.
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Re: New Mod Doubts

Post by dmitry_s »

Try deleting the lines 508 and 509 that contain the Opp checks
https://github.com/Akruzen/SDLPoP/blob/ ... 004.c#L508
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

dmitry_s wrote: October 13th, 2021, 7:01 pm Try deleting the lines 508 and 509 that contain the Opp checks
Oh, it was that simple! :) It works now thanks!

I have created the mod. However if I click the executable, it always shows SDL2_image.dll not found and SDL2.dll not found. Till now I have compiled the code manually in Dev C++ every time to play it. How to make my project run directly from exe file so that I can post the mod on Forum? Since other players might not have the compiler and the dependencies I want the mod to be exe runnable like the vanilla SDLPoP. Even when I paste all the dll files, it shows error: "0xc00007b". Any idea how to do this?
What if life is a video game and Déjà Vu are just checkpoints?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Akruzen wrote: October 14th, 2021, 10:03 am
dmitry_s wrote: October 13th, 2021, 7:01 pm Try deleting the lines 508 and 509 that contain the Opp checks
Oh, it was that simple! :) It works now thanks!

I have created the mod. However if I click the executable, it always shows SDL2_image.dll not found and SDL2.dll not found. Till now I have compiled the code manually in Dev C++ every time to play it. How to make my project run directly from exe file so that I can post the mod on Forum? Since other players might not have the compiler and the dependencies I want the mod to be exe runnable like the vanilla SDLPoP. Even when I paste all the dll files, it shows error: "0xc00007b". Any idea how to do this?
Going by a Google search, the DLLs you added may target a different architecture.
If I had to guess, they are probably the 64-bit versions, while either your application or OS expects the 32-bit ones.
[Edit: Err, probably the other way around, since you copied the DLLs from the SDLPoP package. So, is your Dev-C++ set to compile 64-bit?]
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Norbert wrote: October 14th, 2021, 12:06 pm Going by a Google search, the DLLs you added may target a different architecture.
If I had to guess, they are probably the 64-bit versions, while either your application or OS expects the 32-bit ones.
[Edit: Err, probably the other way around, since you copied the DLLs from the SDLPoP package. So, is your Dev-C++ set to compile 64-bit?]
Could you please build the exe file from the GitHub link for me? This is getting too complicated for me :| In short, I want to:

Current Status: Requires compiling the dev file to play the game
Required Status: Double click the exe file to run the game

GitHub Link
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Akruzen wrote: October 14th, 2021, 1:19 pm
Norbert wrote: October 14th, 2021, 12:06 pm Going by a Google search, the DLLs you added may target a different architecture.
[...] This is getting too complicated for me :| [...]
What do you have selected here:

target.png
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Norbert wrote: October 14th, 2021, 1:37 pm
What do you have selected here:
I had TDM-GCC 4.9.2 32-Bit Debug Selected. I tried selecting 32 - Bit release but still a no go. By the way my operating system is 64 Bit if that is a relevant information here.
dmitry_s
Developer
Developer

Post by dmitry_s »

Akruzen wrote: October 14th, 2021, 10:03 am I have created the mod. However if I click the executable, it always shows SDL2_image.dll not found and SDL2.dll not found. Till now I have compiled the code manually in Dev C++ every time to play it. How to make my project run directly from exe file so that I can post the mod on Forum? Since other players might not have the compiler and the dependencies I want the mod to be exe runnable like the vanilla SDLPoP. Even when I paste all the dll files, it shows error: "0xc00007b". Any idea how to do this?
Download the distribution version of SDLPoP and copy all 4 DLL files from the root folder to your mod. Those DLLs are not in Github.
https://www.popot.org/get_the_games.php?game=SDLPoP
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

dmitry_s wrote: October 14th, 2021, 3:49 pm
Akruzen wrote: October 14th, 2021, 10:03 am I have created the mod. However if I click the executable, it always shows SDL2_image.dll not found and SDL2.dll not found. Till now I have compiled the code manually in Dev C++ every time to play it. How to make my project run directly from exe file so that I can post the mod on Forum? Since other players might not have the compiler and the dependencies I want the mod to be exe runnable like the vanilla SDLPoP. Even when I paste all the dll files, it shows error: "0xc00007b". Any idea how to do this?
Download the distribution version of SDLPoP and copy all 4 DLL files from the root folder to your mod. Those DLLs are not in Github.
https://www.popot.org/get_the_games.php?game=SDLPoP
Thank You Dmitrys! :) I can't believe after trying all day all I had to do is copy those files :lol:
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Akruzen wrote: October 14th, 2021, 3:53 pmI can't believe after trying all day all I had to do is copy those files :lol:
You did write you copied DLL files:
Akruzen wrote: October 14th, 2021, 10:03 amEven when I paste all the dll files, [...]
So, which ones did you add before...
The 64-bit ones, as I wrote... am I right? ;)
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Norbert wrote: October 14th, 2021, 4:54 pm
Akruzen wrote: October 14th, 2021, 3:53 pmI can't believe after trying all day all I had to do is copy those files :lol:
You did write you copied DLL files:
Akruzen wrote: October 14th, 2021, 10:03 amEven when I paste all the dll files, [...]
So, which ones did you add before...
The 64-bit ones, as I wrote... am I right? ;)
Yeah I downloaded them from internet like an idiot instead of using the ones provided with SDLPoP :lol:
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hi everyone,
It has been a long time since I last posted. I was thinking of trying something "ambitious" this time, since during my last mod, The Mahatraja's Palace I have learned many new things about SDLPoP source code. However, in this mod I will need some visual changes in some of the the sprites. Could anyone please guide me on how I can edit the images without manually opening each frame and editing it? (since I won't have previous frame as a reference, it will lead to non-fluent motion).

P.S. I am open to work in collaboration too ;)
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Hi, I am trying to compile the game using CLion, however, I am getting an error saying that SDL.h and SDL_image.h not found. But if I compile the same project using Dev C++, it compiles and runs successfully. I had followed the steps David mentioned in ReadMe file of SDLPoP for Dev C++. How to run Prince using CLion?
@Norbert @David @dmitry_s
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Akruzen wrote: September 27th, 2022, 8:23 pm Hi, I am trying to compile the game using CLion, however, I am getting an error saying that SDL.h and SDL_image.h not found.
I am not familiar with CLion, so these are just guesses:

Did you install SDL2 to where CLion would search it?

Also, look into types.h and try to compile with either set of #includes.
(Change #if !defined(_MSC_VER) to #if 1 or #if 0 .)
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

David wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:02 pm
Akruzen wrote: September 27th, 2022, 8:23 pm Hi, I am trying to compile the game using CLion, however, I am getting an error saying that SDL.h and SDL_image.h not found.
I am not familiar with CLion, so these are just guesses:

Did you install SDL2 to where CLion would search it?

Also, look into types.h and try to compile with either set of #includes.
(Change #if !defined(_MSC_VER) to #if 1 or #if 0 .)
Hi David, thanks for the reply. Installing SDL2 in CLion compiler folders solved the problem (though the errors are gone and it is debuggable in CLion, running the port_debug still requires DevC++ but that's fine). I had the following doubts as well:
1. Can I dynamically color the sword (like guards have)? For example, change it's color from white to yellow if certain condition is true. However that poses another problem. Since in some frames the kid and the sword are together, that too will need to change since the sword color is now yellow. That leads me to the next question:
2. Can I add new frames of kid (introducing new frames without removing/replacing old ones)?
a. So that I will have a set of frames with kid holding yellow sword.
b. So that I will be able to add new weapons which are pickable.
3. How can I add new sound files to the game? Note that I don't want to change the "Music" in this game. I want to replace and add new sounds for example kid_hurt, draw_sword, etc. which do not come under the music category.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Akruzen
Akruzen
Developer
Developer

Post by Akruzen »

Also, it seems I can have either have custom graphics, or custom level map. How can I achieve both? Currently, to use my custom level file, I edit the levels using apoplexy editor and put the game in mods folder of SDLPoP. However, when I mention use of mods folder in SDLPoP.ini file, the game uses the mod's (original) graphics and not the one I edited in SDLPoP's data\kid directory. How to achieve both?