SDLPoP as default?

Open-source port of PoP that runs natively on Windows, Linux, etc.
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

SDLPoP as default?

Post by Sting »

Hello.
I just finished most of parts in my mod (finally) I am just working in some parts of graphics.
But my problem is: How can I make SDLPoP uses my mod as the original level set basically my mod has a lot of problems with DOS like memory I am using pr and modified a lot of things in the colors and looking but after importing even with using the -z7 command DOS is still not supporting the memory specially the PV.DAT where I only changed the looking and Palette of the room and I still did not touch the prince and Jaffar or the princess.
So if there is a way to make it playable as default with the SDLPoP it will be better than searching other solutions because even players will prefer SDLPoP like in most other mods.
PV.DAT
(45.02 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Check out my first ever mod and rate it it is Journey in Mystery I hope I will improve next time, thank you :D :) :D
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: SDLPoP as default?

Post by Norbert »

Sting wrote: May 28th, 2020, 11:15 pmPV.DAT [...] make it playable as default with the SDLPoP
You can simply move PV.DAT into the SDLPoP directory.
Or any other DAT you want to use, such as LEVELS.DAT.
Then when players start SDLPoP, it will use your DAT files.
So, start with SDLPoP, then add your custom DATs.
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

Norbert wrote: May 29th, 2020, 11:20 am
Sting wrote: May 28th, 2020, 11:15 pmPV.DAT [...] make it playable as default with the SDLPoP
You can simply move PV.DAT into the SDLPoP directory.
Or any other DAT you want to use, such as LEVELS.DAT.
Then when players start SDLPoP, it will use your DAT files.
So, start with SDLPoP, then add your custom DATs.
What I meant is when I will submit my mod do I have to make a pack from the SDLPoP directory using my DAT files?
Check out my first ever mod and rate it it is Journey in Mystery I hope I will improve next time, thank you :D :) :D
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Sting wrote: May 29th, 2020, 2:51 pmWhat I meant is when I will submit my mod do I have to make a pack from the SDLPoP directory using my DAT files?
If you mean for PoPOT: you can create a ZIP package, and specify what executables (and their names) it contains, so DOS, SDLPoP, MININIM, or a combination of those. But please see this.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Norbert wrote: May 29th, 2020, 6:21 pm But please see this.
Why don't you just put this on PoPOT itself? So, whoever would go there to check if their mod's uploaded or not, would see the message. I guess this would save your time just replying on all places to see this? :)
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: May 30th, 2020, 12:17 pmWhy don't you just put this on PoPOT itself?
Good idea, I've added a notice here.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Sting wrote: May 28th, 2020, 11:15 pm after importing even with using the -z7 command DOS is still not supporting the memory specially the PV.DAT where I only changed the looking and Palette of the room
I've looked at your new room image.
I'm afraid that this type of image (a photo) can't be compressed well using the methods used in PoP1 DAT files.
Sting
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Sting »

David wrote: May 30th, 2020, 1:00 pm
I've looked at your new room image.
I'm afraid that this type of image (a photo) can't be compressed well using the methods used in PoP1 DAT files.
I think I will ignore that and make my mod just running on SDLPoP this is easier than searching a new image or drawing new one