Malfunction "Total_Pack" application

A user-friendly interface for downloading, tweaking and playing mods.
gvladutz
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Malfunction "Total_Pack" application

Post by gvladutz »

Hello all,

I have a problem with Total_Pack application...

I copied the file "PoP1_Total_Pack_v3.5.zip" on my hard disk drive (E:\Total_Pack)

---------- I have Windows XP ----------

Then, I unzipped it and I modified the "mirror_sites.ini" file, according to the instructions on the site:

"Important: to fix the "Invalid Enum Value" error, edit ini \ mirror_sites.ini and change 3x popot.org's http to https."

But it doesn't work..
The messages that appear are in attached file, named "PrinceofPersia.doc"

I made the print screens after every message, exactly in the order that appear when I open the application and try to install a new custom level.

When I'm trying to launch ”Prince of Persia” (first position), the message that appears is:
“Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.”

“4D Prince of Persia” is the only one that works…

I disconnected the firewall, but nor does it work...

I suspect that the main error is due to this "modsu.xml" file, that can not be accessed by the application...

Is there a possibility to repair this file or should I change otherwise the "mirror_sites.ini" file, in order to access customs levels ?

“Poplaun” application does not work as well...

After installing and launching it, the following message appears:

"The application has failed to start because dwmapi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

If you can help me, please reply...

Thank you,

Best regards,
Vlad G.
Attachments
PrinceofPersia.doc
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 196 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Malfunction "Total_Pack" application

Post by Norbert »

Hi Vlad.
gvladutz wrote: February 4th, 2018, 7:38 pm---------- I have Windows XP ----------
Can you check if your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit.
Explained here how, section "Windows XP".
gvladutz wrote: February 4th, 2018, 7:38 pmI disconnected the firewall, but nor does it work...
Strange. How much size is left on your hard drive?
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

gvladutz wrote: February 4th, 2018, 7:38 pm ---------- I have Windows XP ----------
That's why you get the errors.
The mods are downloaded from https://www.popot.org/ , which does something with HTTPS certificates that is not supported on Windows XP. (Technical details here)
There are workarounds for manually updating the mods list and manually downloading a mod.
gvladutz wrote: February 4th, 2018, 7:38 pm “Poplaun” application does not work as well...
[...]
"The application has failed to start because dwmapi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
dwmapi.dll is a system file that is not part of Windows XP.

According to this post, I could make it work by using an older version of one of the DLLs.
But unfortunately, all the RPM download links in that post are now dead.
malvivio
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by malvivio »

It's twelve months (almost thirteen by now) that I have a hard job to do at night, so during the day I'm always tired and don't play to Prince a lot like before: I don't play almost anymore, but since the problem with total pack some month ago when we have to change something in it, since then I've problem with the PC: two times when I started Total Pack it opened a message with a virus, just started from total pack, and last time it makes my antivirus off, so now I have to spend lot of money with the PC-repairer to make antivirus work again. Before he comes to watch it I want to know what's the problem with total pack so modified and Windows Defender.