PoP1-Total Pack: New version development

A user-friendly interface for downloading, tweaking and playing mods.
starwindz
Sultan
Sultan

PoP1-Total Pack: New version development

Post by starwindz »

================================= 2013.08.09 =======================================
PoP1-Total Pack project resumed.
1.At least 57 new mods will be added into PoP1-Total Pack.
http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000064
...through...
http://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000120
2. This update would take 2 or 3 months.
3. PC-to-SNES project has been suspended until further notice.

================================= 2011.11.12 =======================================
PC-to-SNES level conversion - Test Play generated by level converter 0.02

SNES level: Steven Fayer's level 10 and Butches's Arabian Nightmare

================================= 2011.11.11 =======================================
Development of PC-to-SNES level converter is working in progress. Current stage is very primitive and only supports level 1 with some bugs.

PC-to-SNES level converter v0.01 - Preview

================================= 2011.11.03 =======================================
PC-to-C64 level launcher and level packs have been updated to V0.3.

* Update list
- Many level compatibility issues between PC and C64 have been fixed. Most custom levels can be run without any problems.
- Few bugs of launcher have been fixed.

* Download(Launcher & Level packs): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ohwf5m4y5 ... ks_v0.3.7z

* Screenshots(Original and Custom Levels)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

================================= 2011.11.01 =======================================
Finally I have returned and I have decided to continue the development of total pack again. I had so many business trips and hard works for my engineering business since serveral years. In spite of insufficient time for development, I have come to kow that the development should advance slowly(very slowly) but steadily.

The first work is the development of launcher for prince of persia : Commodore 64.
mrsid has made the great C64 remake of prince of persia 1 based on Apple II version. See this blog ( http://popc64.blogspot.com ) for more information. This blog mentions the old reverse engineering project for pop1. So I have done very simple prototype of launcher shown as follows.

* Download(Launcher): [Download link disabled]
* Download(Custom Levels Pack): [Download link disabled]
* Screenshots: Converted levels from PC to Commodore 64.
4D Prince (Kirill A. Terebilov, 1994)

Jaffar's Revenge (Crazy Diamond, 2006)

PoP1 Remix 2 (AuraDragon, 2007)

Next work would be the upgrade of random level generator and integrating all of them including latest new levels.

As I told above, the speed of this project may be very slow but never stopped.
Last edited by starwindz on August 9th, 2013, 3:12 pm, edited 18 times in total.
EstebanFT
Efendi
Efendi

Re: Prince of Persia - Total Pack : Latest news

Post by EstebanFT »

I don't like the graphics but I will download it to test it.
Download my Prince of Persia Snes Mod: Dungeons Of Hell (With new level color tilesets):
http://www.forum.princed.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=3064
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

EstebanFT wrote:I don't like the graphics
You do know this is the Commodore 64, don't you? For that computer's standards the graphics are incredible! But I guess there's some people who can't rate a game good if its graphics aren't on par with whatever standard they set...

Welcome back, starwindz. You can't believe just how much we missed you. So now your Total Pack allows mods to be played in PC, PoP2, Mac and C64 format, eh? Sounds intriguing - I'll download it right away.

Edit: Crud. I tried converting a mod with that launcher of yours and this is what I get...

Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
starwindz
Sultan
Sultan

Post by starwindz »

Welcome back, starwindz. You can't believe just how much we missed you. So now your Total Pack allows mods to be played in PC, PoP2, Mac and C64 format, eh?
Oh, thank you so much. Total pack would be include all of them in near(?) future. :)
Edit: Crud. I tried converting a mod with that launcher of yours and this is what I get...
Current version of launcher cannot be run in the folder which includes spaces in the folder name. Please extract .7z file to the folder which does not include any spaces such as d:\popc64_launcher like that.

Since C64 version is based on Apple II, some compatibility issues exist. So I will check them out.
Last edited by starwindz on November 2nd, 2011, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

I agree with mk1995, it's great to have you back. Having all mods in stored in one up-to-date package means the world to the modding community, as does the inclusion of the C64 port. Excellent work!
musa
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musa »

Okay, tried it out, and let me say not that bad, though you could update with the latest mods (including mine).
-- Michael, the boy who makes Shaw's Nightmare.
Visit here to download Shaw's Nightmare: http://shawsnightmare.ucoz.com
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Ahh, there we go. Though I've got the problem that the game is running too fast. Way too fast.

Edit: Solved! For everyone experiencing the same issues, disable Warp Mode.

Edit #2: Most gates that are supposed to be closed in custom levels are half-open, allowing the Prince to froghop through them. Could either you or mrsid take a look into that?
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
starwindz
Sultan
Sultan

Post by starwindz »

mk1995 wrote:Ahh, there we go. Though I've got the problem that the game is running too fast. Way too fast.
Edit: Solved! For everyone experiencing the same issues, disable Warp Mode.
Ah, it's my mistake. I will update the default setting of WinVice in the next version. :)
mk1995 wrote:Edit #2: Most gates that are supposed to be closed in custom levels are half-open, allowing the Prince to froghop through them. Could either you or mrsid take a look into that?
Yes, C64 level format is a bit different from PC version. It is a modifier problem of room attributes so I will take a look at this issue.

PC Version

C64 Version
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Re: < Prince of Persia - Total Pack : Latest Development News >

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Insane!

I hope you'll add my MOD to Total Pack as I planned to release it (with 2 starting hit-points and 300 minutes starting time).
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Starwindz, let me know of any additional information you need if you intend to add my 3 mods into the pack, i.e. cheat code. Because my Battle Hardened with Vengeance mod has issues with the savegames, I plan to repackage the mod as soon as I can and post it up.
starwindz
Sultan
Sultan

Post by starwindz »

Moscow Tracer wrote:Insane!

I hope you'll add my MOD to Total Pack as I planned to release it (with 2 starting hit-points and 300 minutes starting time).
If you have done your mod, please let me know then.
kj-5349 wrote:Starwindz, let me know of any additional information you need if you intend to add my 3 mods into the pack, i.e. cheat code. Because my Battle Hardened with Vengeance mod has issues with the savegames, I plan to repackage the mod as soon as I can and post it up.
If you have solved issues, please let me know and post your updated mods files to this forum.
starwindz
Sultan
Sultan

Post by starwindz »

New 0.3 version of C64 level launcher has been released. Please check top post of this topic. Many compatibility issues have been fixed.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: < Prince of Persia - Total Pack : Latest Dev News - 11/3 >

Post by mk1995 »

Finally I can give all the various mods a shot again, including mine. Boy, did I get rusty at playing PoP...

But apparently saving doesn't work. Ctrl appears to be the action button now, so what button is the one to be used in conjunction with letter buttons to invoke effects?
starwindz
Sultan
Sultan

Re: < Prince of Persia - Total Pack : Latest Dev News - 11/3 >

Post by starwindz »

mk1995 wrote:Finally I can give all the various mods a shot again, including mine. Boy, did I get rusty at playing PoP...

But apparently saving doesn't work. Ctrl appears to be the action button now, so what button is the one to be used in conjunction with letter buttons to invoke effects?
For C64 emulation, I heard Ctrl is Tab key on WinVice.
Shattered
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: Prince of Persia 1 - Total Pack : Latest Dev News

Post by Shattered »

Thanks for continuing your developments.