Thoughts on Amazon and Blueface

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
Amethyst
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Thoughts on Amazon and Blueface

Post by Amethyst »

These two bosses have me wondering...

The lady first - I appreciate the inclusion of a female guard (and a red-haired one at that! :D) as I like "strong" female characters, no matter how revealing the attire. The manual vaguely describes her as "a strong female warrior". She sure is, but what is her function in the palace? Is she just one of the bosses with no backstory (I could imagine her being the princess' personal guard but she'd have to first appear much later in the game for that to work out, or - I apologise for the chauvinist thought - maybe the guardian of the harem, or... worse? For what it's worth, she's wearing a golden tiara just like the princess, albeit a less sophisticated one.

Blueface - I find his appearance as the first guard in the "tournament" in level 19 slightly odd, given that he's easier to beat than all the other bosses the prince has encountered up to that point (excluding skeletons). But why does he have blue skin like Jaffar? Is he related to him? Or is he a "normal" guard with improved fighting skills due to some magic, the blue skin being a sideeffect of the treatment? I noticed that if Blueface is put somewhere else, the normal battle music plays, possibly suggesting he's not actually considered a boss.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Thoughts on Amazon and Blueface

Post by spartacus735 »

Amethyst wrote: July 31st, 2021, 11:08 pm These two bosses have me wondering...

The lady first - I appreciate the inclusion of a female guard (and a red-haired one at that! :D) as I like "strong" female characters, no matter how revealing the attire. The manual vaguely describes her as "a strong female warrior". She sure is, but what is her function in the palace? Is she just one of the bosses with no backstory (I could imagine her being the princess' personal guard but she'd have to first appear much later in the game for that to work out, or - I apologise for the chauvinist thought - maybe the guardian of the harem, or... worse? For what it's worth, she's wearing a golden tiara just like the princess, albeit a less sophisticated one.

Blueface - I find his appearance as the first guard in the "tournament" in level 19 slightly odd, given that he's easier to beat than all the other bosses the prince has encountered up to that point (excluding skeletons). But why does he have blue skin like Jaffar? Is he related to him? Or is he a "normal" guard with improved fighting skills due to some magic, the blue skin being a sideeffect of the treatment? I noticed that if Blueface is put somewhere else, the normal battle music plays, possibly suggesting he's not actually considered a boss.
Unfortunally, we don't have any explications for characters in prince of persia Snes. I think the female warrior is just the boss of the harem like you said, indeed the level 4~6 have some bath aspects. For the blueface I always thought he was the apprentice of Jaffar or the guard type for the level 19.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

I wonder if the japanese manual has something; for what I managed to see on a video showcasing Super Famicom games (their boxes and contents given a relatively-quick look) doesn't seem so though.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: August 14th, 2021, 9:10 am I wonder if the japanese manual has something; for what I managed to see on a video showcasing Super Famicom games (their boxes and contents given a relatively-quick look) doesn't seem so though.
I have the super famicom version complete in box, and they don't very usefull contents about boss.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/77zm89k20 ... 113811.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

It would be nice to have scans of the manual and box of the japanese Super Famicom Prince of Persia. The art is so good, and I think the screenshots (judging by the different Level 9 wall pattern) are from a not yet final version of the game.
Too bad there's apparently no good info on the bosses.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174