Urgent question

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Urgent question

Post by Emiliano »

How can I create custom graphics or audio for SMC files?
4DPlayer

Re: Urgent question

Post by 4DPlayer »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: November 10th, 2019, 3:27 am How can I create custom graphics or audio for SMC files?
That is apparently more of a mystery still. Shauing is still working on it, but it seems quite complicated. What you can do is change which music happens where in PrSnesLevEd. For example, you can make the bronze palace theme play in the dungeon or you can make it silent.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Emiliano Fierro wrote: November 10th, 2019, 3:27 am How can I create custom graphics or audio for SMC files?
You can create new background/foreground tiles from the existing tiles on the ''edit level graphics'' located at the graphics tab on Pr1SNESLevEd.
As to create new background/foreground tiles from scratch (drawing them yourself), there is no tool for it yet.

For custom character sprites, though there is a tool, is still in a not-quite friendly usable fashion; it only changes pixels, so palettes have to be customized on Pr1SNESLevEd. It only saves data on a .bin file that you have to copy somewhere on an empty space in the ROM via hex-editing, and then change the pointers of said changed sprite to the new location. Also, it only saves one sprite data per file.
4DPlayer wrote: November 10th, 2019, 5:56 am That is apparently more of a mystery still. Shauing is still working on it, but it seems quite complicated. What you can do is change which music happens where in PrSnesLevEd. For example, you can make the bronze palace theme play in the dungeon or you can make it silent.
Custom audio, the only way as of now is also via HEX-editing. You cannot import new instruments/music, you have to write the data manually over the existing music. The ''simple'' way is that for each music you have to write on each channel, first the instrument that will play and then the notes and their length, then indicate where each channel data starts and ends, and indicate the loops. One of the channels at least has also to indicate the tempo of the song. I'm still making a video tutorial for this.

I think its possible to add new music data on other parts of the ROM where there is free space, but new pointers will have to be added to indicate where the new music is located so that it can be played, but I haven't tested this.
Last edited by Shauing on November 10th, 2019, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
4DPlayer

Post by 4DPlayer »

Yes. ^This should help.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

I would like to know, How long did you take to finish the original SNES game?
I decided to explore a sfc by myself and I know some parts (I have played PoP 1.4) and I don't know when will I finish it.