Custom Music for SNES

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Custom Music for SNES

Post by NITM-T »

Wow, that's nice, dude! I really liked those colors. The Princesses' room, that one is beautiful!
Can't wait to play this new custom version. I believe you'll do more cool stuff with your hard work.
May the Moon light your path.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

NITM-T wrote: February 6th, 2019, 7:16 am Wow, that's nice, dude! I really liked those colors. The Princesses' room, that one is beautiful!
Can't wait to play this new custom version. I believe you'll do more cool stuff with your hard work.
Thank you! That room's palette is the one I like the most so far.
I do plan to do some aesthetical changes to some levels (not just different color palettes).
I do not have a release date yet, and I am not sure if I will do a complete new soundtrack; it is difficult to come up with music that fits each scene.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

Yep, you're welcome! And it is really nice.
That's cool. After learned more about tricks and after see other mods designs, I made my alt versions which I felt much better with them. But I liked that first desing of yours, but also will be nice to see a new thing ^_^. I really like when people can do a total new look for mods. That takes a good time to finish it(them), so no need rush. There're lots of games and mods I'm still waiting like the new one from spartacus735. His The Lost Bottle was amazing!
Take your time, man. You may find your answers in the future.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

NITM-T wrote: February 7th, 2019, 8:55 am Yep, you're welcome! And it is really nice.
That's cool. After learned more about tricks and after see other mods designs, I made my alt versions which I felt much better with them. But I liked that first desing of yours, but also will be nice to see a new thing ^_^. I really like when people can do a total new look for mods. That takes a good time to finish it(them), so no need rush. There're lots of games and mods I'm still waiting like the new one from spartacus735. His The Lost Bottle was amazing!
Thank you for your big support. Hopefully this 2.0 version will have an appealing look; like I have said before, I am no expert in many of these areas but I still want to give it a try.
Hopefully someday, I could make a final 3.0 version with custom sprites like this:
Custom0036.png
Custom0036.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 5617 times
Custom0473.png
Custom0473.png (683 Bytes) Viewed 5617 times
Custom0951.png
Custom0951.png (905 Bytes) Viewed 5617 times
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

These're the words to keep going: "...I still want to give it a try". Even that you said you're not an expert, you're doing quite well, that's for sure. Do nothing or neither try something, won't lead us to nowhere.
Those sprites are cool! The Princesses looks like she's ready for the wedding ^_^.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

NITM-T wrote: February 8th, 2019, 7:17 am These're the words to keep going: "...I still want to give it a try". Even that you said you're not an expert, you're doing quite well, that's for sure. Do nothing or neither try something, won't lead us to nowhere.
Exactly. Like a Queen song says: ''We'll keep on trying''.
NITM-T wrote: February 8th, 2019, 7:17 am Those sprites are cool! The Princesses looks like she's ready for the wedding ^_^.
Thank you. Didn't quite thought it like that, but yeah, she does!
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

NITM-T wrote: February 7th, 2019, 8:55 am Yep, you're welcome! And it is really nice.
Don't worry I still working of my mod but very slowy. Indeed I have a lot study work to do.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: February 11th, 2019, 11:24 pm Don't worry I still working of my mod but very slowy. Indeed I have a lot study work to do.
Is it your SNES version of the DOS port or a different mod you are working on?
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Shauing wrote: February 12th, 2019, 12:59 am
spartacus735 wrote: February 11th, 2019, 11:24 pm Don't worry I still working of my mod but very slowy. Indeed I have a lot study work to do.
Is it your SNES version of the DOS port or a different mod you are working on?
Snes version. Actually I working on my "lost bottle 2.0" featuring new levels, new colors, new hexa hack.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 1:38 pm
Snes version. Actually I working on my "lost bottle 2.0" featuring new levels, new colors, new hexa hack.
Cool. Hope you bring a fresh look and ideas for the 2.0 and the SNES version mods.
Poorchop
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Poorchop »

I didn't mean to disappear for so long but I ended up pursuing some other endeavors during the free time that I had this summer. I enjoyed my time off but in hindsight, I really wish that I pursued my original plans of exploring some custom music and maybe collaborating with you. I've been listening to the official soundtrack a lot again lately so I felt compelled to finally check the forums.

You have made amazing strides and I'm really stoked at how you were able to get your custom music into the game. I also agree with NITM-T that the colors are beautiful. I love all of them from the sunset-colored title screen to the colors used in the scene where the prince and princess are talking.

Unfortunately it's now going to be a lot longer until I have any free time at all but I hope that you're still around in the future because I'd love to discuss music with you and exchange some ideas, especially now that it is possible to get custom music in the game thanks to your efforts.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Poorchop wrote: August 25th, 2019, 4:34 am I didn't mean to disappear for so long but I ended up pursuing some other endeavors during the free time that I had this summer. I enjoyed my time off but in hindsight, I really wish that I pursued my original plans of exploring some custom music and maybe collaborating with you. I've been listening to the official soundtrack a lot again lately so I felt compelled to finally check the forums.
Hey Poorchop! Glad to read from you again after quite some time! Hope you had a great time this past few months! Hopefully you'll have more time in the future to attempt creating your own music, and yes, perhaps collaborate when that time comes.
Poorchop wrote: August 25th, 2019, 4:34 am You have made amazing strides and I'm really stoked at how you were able to get your custom music into the game. I also agree with NITM-T that the colors are beautiful. I love all of them from the sunset-colored title screen to the colors used in the scene where the prince and princess are talking.
And all thanks to you for motivating me to pursue and persevere in this quest to integrate custom music for PoP SNES, even though it is still a bit of a tedious job as everything has to be inputted manually, but at least now it is proven that it's possible. I did add your name at the staff roll on the ''Thanks to...'' credit from v2 onwards of the mod:
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.1) - Copy001.png
Prince of Persia - The Queen Of Light - (V2.1) - Copy001.png (10.17 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
I'm glad you liked the coloring I did for it, though I feel in some areas it could have done more compatible colors, but as long as they didn't clash enough to strain the eyes, I considered it fine.
Poorchop wrote: August 25th, 2019, 4:34 am Unfortunately it's now going to be a lot longer until I have any free time at all but I hope that you're still around in the future because I'd love to discuss music with you and exchange some ideas, especially now that it is possible to get custom music in the game thanks to your efforts.
I'm currently trying to finish a inserting music tutorial that I promised to spartacus735 here, but it might only cover in how to insert notes and how to input loops for specific portions of each channel, but only by using whatever music piece we are replacing. It is taking a little too long because I have to organize on how to rely the information and make the video as short but clear as possible, as well as not boring as I won't speak on it.

I'm also preparing a, essentially Prince of Persia DOS/Original Version in SNES, where I will make it to look and play closer to the most popular incarnation/port, the DOS one, as the SNES never really had the original version of the game ported but rather an expanded, quasi-sequel, which is still great. Hopefully, I will finish it by the date of the 30th anniversary release of the original, on October 3rd, but I'll admit I'm working very slowly on it.

Perhaps later I will do at least one more mod which will be a more for ''super players'' like the japanese Super Mario Bros. 2, but I only have very rough ideas for it.

So hopefully I will still be around here for another good while, so we can finally discuss and collaborate in music.
Poorchop
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Poorchop »

Wow, that project sounds fantastic and it will be really exciting to see you pull it off. I haven't played much of the DOS version but this would be a good incentive for me to finally play all the way through. Also it is quite an honor to have made it to your credits and it really put a smile on my face. I'm glad that you're working on a tutorial for inserting the music as well.

It sounds like you have your work cut out for you but it's great that you're breathing more life into it and advancing the state of romhacking. Keep up the good work. I have downloaded v2 of The Queen of Light and I can't wait to load it on my old SNES and hear the custom music and see the custom colors. It's going to be quite a trip experiencing the customizations on the console itself, especially with regard to the music.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Poorchop wrote: August 25th, 2019, 9:34 pm Wow, that project sounds fantastic and it will be really exciting to see you pull it off. I haven't played much of the DOS version but this would be a good incentive for me to finally play all the way through. Also it is quite an honor to have made it to your credits and it really put a smile on my face. I'm glad that you're working on a tutorial for inserting the music as well.
I haven't play it that much either, but hopefully I will make the port as straight as possible.
It was your support, positive reception, and wish of doing custom music that made this possible, so I cannot thank you enough.
I hope I will have it finished as soon as possible.
Poorchop wrote: August 25th, 2019, 9:34 pm It sounds like you have your work cut out for you but it's great that you're breathing more life into it and advancing the state of romhacking. Keep up the good work. I have downloaded v2 of The Queen of Light and I can't wait to load it on my old SNES and hear the custom music and see the custom colors. It's going to be quite a trip experiencing the customizations on the console itself, especially with regard to the music.
Many people have helped me achieve what I wanted for my mod, both here and at romhacking, so I cannot take credit for everything. I can only take credit for the ideas I wanted to do, everybody else has the credit of the knowledge to do so.
If you manage to make it run on the real console, I would love to see a video. If you make it work, I might do a custom SNES box art.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

spartacus735 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 10:30 pm How do you change the music of pop1snes ? with hexadecimal editor ?
Almost a year later, but I'm currently editing a video about it. I tried to condense the information it as much as possible, and some parts were skipped at the moment (panning, editing instruments data, and editing sequences). If you need another video where I tackle this, tell me so. I'll upload it hopefully this week.