Some random fun stuff

Discuss PoP1 for SNES here.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Re: Some random fun stuff

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: August 25th, 2018, 10:47 am I'm guessing a new SNES mod will arrive next month? :)
Thought no one will notice (or at least take a little longer). :lol:

To answer your question: Yes, and (there's a chance that) no.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Shauing wrote: August 25th, 2018, 9:46 pm To answer your question: Yes, and (there's a chance that) no.
By the way, is your new avatar related to your upcoming mod?
I see you placed the Amazon's head onto Jaffar's body.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

David wrote: September 16th, 2018, 1:38 pm By the way, is your new avatar related to your upcoming mod?
I see you placed the Amazon's head onto Jaffar's body.
Yes. This modified sprite will only appear on the trailer though, as we cannot import to replace existing sprites into the game.
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Question about PoP1 for SNES.
With just the game (no level editor or anything), can players restart demo levels?
I mean both restarting a level being played (like Ctrl+a in DOS) and to quickly go to a specific level (like the passwords for regular levels, or Shift+l to skip levels in DOS).
NITM-T
Sultan
Sultan

Post by NITM-T »

I don't think so. Since keyboard has lots of buttons, we've more options. SNES PoP only has that Game End option and for the demo, any button lead you to main menu.
To skip levels, only with the cheat password
May the Moon light your path.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: December 16th, 2018, 11:55 pm With just the game (no level editor or anything), can players restart demo levels?
What do you mean by "demo level*s*"? AFAIK, there is only one demo level.
Do you mean the training levels perhaps?

What is your goal, by the way?
Norbert wrote: December 16th, 2018, 11:55 pm I mean both restarting a level being played (like Ctrl+a in DOS)
There is a way, but this works only with the regular levels:

Choose GAME END. Go to CONTINUE, and select OK.
CONTINUE will contain the last password you got, i.e. a password for the level you quit from.
Unlike Ctrl+A, you will even get back the time you spent on this level!
This is mentioned in a FAQ (mirror), under "Password cheating".
Norbert wrote: December 16th, 2018, 11:55 pm and to quickly go to a specific level (like the passwords for regular levels, or Shift+l to skip levels in DOS).
You can add a cheat in the emulator. (Assuming this fits your goal.)
In both Snes9x and ZSNES, the code is 7E0544 followed by the level ID from here (without the $ sign).
This will immediately jump to the new level, but you first get a "level complete" message for the current level.

Note: If you complete the level with this cheat enabled, the game will won't advance to the next level, due to how emulators' cheats work.
The game will either get stuck on the last room, or restart the same level.
And if you disable the cheat, the game will return to the level where you were before you enabled the cheat.
(You can use this to restart the original level.)

Alternatively your can start the code with 039C3A or 0091AC to override the starting level for the START GAME or the TRAINING menu items, respectively.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote: December 17th, 2018, 6:03 pmDo you mean the training levels perhaps?

What is your goal, by the way?
Training levels, yeah.

I got stuck somewhere in the third training level of a mod.
Which caused me to suddenly think (as an end-user/player): "Now what..."
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: December 17th, 2018, 8:02 pm
Training levels, yeah.

That's actually a good question, as there is no way in-game to restart the same training level if you can't die.
By the way, is it my mod? If it wasn't, I still found one way to get stuck on that training level where you cannot die, so I fixed it.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Shauing wrote: December 18th, 2018, 10:41 pm
Norbert wrote: December 17th, 2018, 8:02 pm
Training levels, yeah.

That's actually a good question, as there is no way in-game to restart the same training level if you can't die.
By the way, is it my mod?
Yeah. I said third training level, but meant fourth. In room 4 (5 in apoplexy), lower right. But I was just messing around; going there would normally not make sense. ;)
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: December 19th, 2018, 2:34 am
Yeah. I said third training level, but meant fourth. In room 4 (5 in apoplexy), lower right. But I was just messing around; going there would normally not make sense. ;)
Ah yeah, that one is intentional. :lol:

I did try to intentionally avoid these kind of situations both in the training and the main levels, as I felt that's an unnecessary cheap way to make the game difficult.
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

Norbert wrote: December 19th, 2018, 2:34 am
By the way Norbert, is it possible that you could update the rom of my mod on popot.org? I fixed a flaw in one of the main levels that some players might encounter, plus one unintentional way to get trapped in one of the training stages.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Shauing wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 3:38 amBy the way Norbert, is it possible that you could update the rom of my mod on popot.org? I fixed [...]
Yes; done.